Chapter XXXVI

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What a place to meet up.

 

That was the first thought that came to her when she faced the gates of an abandoned botanical garden.

 

The walls covering the place are covered with thick vines and wild flowers that crawled up to the old rusty gates. Unable to open it, she climbed up the gates and landed on her feet at ease. She looked around the dimmed place. The old trees of different kinds served as the roof, shielding the whole area from the sun and light rains.

 

She stood still as she felt a presence behind her.

 

"Glad you came."

 

A deep voice resonated from behind. She doesn't need to look for she already knows​ who exactly this person is.

 

"I don't have time for chitchats. Show me my brother."

 

Woobin chuckles as he takes slow strides towards her. She suddenly felt strong hands gripping her shoulders, holding her up from any movement.

 

"Look carefully ahead of you, young lady." He whispers right behind her ears with voice that sends shivers down her spine.

 

She looked straight, directly towards a tree. It seemed ordinary to her not until what seemed like an illusion started fading. A figure started to form in front of her eyes. A tall man tied upon the trunk with his head hung low, sweat and blood both trickling down the tips of his hair. 

 

Dara's breath hitched. She felt the pain as well. There, in front of her, is her beloved brother on the verge of dying. He clearly got beaten up so bad and surely experienced worse torture. Cuts and bruises are visible on his pale skin. He isn't moving at all and that worries her the most.

 

"Sanghyun...."

 

As if he heard her, Sanghyun slowly raised her head and the sight made her weak. They seriously hurt him bad. She wanted to cry and at the same time, kill the person behind her.

 

"Y-you...shouldn't be here...." her brother struggled to speak as the wounds at the sides of his mouth twitch.

 

Dara ignored her brother. Instead, she turned around and faced Woobin who's viciously smirking at her.

 

"Let go of my brother!"

 

The Archangel let out a small laugh and mockingly shook his head. "Do you think that'd be easy? If I only wanted to let go of him in the end, I wouldn't have called you here."

 

"Don't you ever touch her, Kim Woobin!" Sanghyun managed to yell despite the pain all over him.

 

Dara shut her eyes and took a deep breath. She needs to do this.

 

"I'll do anything. Just promise me you'll let my brother go."

 

------------------------------------

 

It's already five in the afternoon and Minzy noticed that Dara is out of sight. They are supposed to take the plane on the next day but the girl seems to be missing the whole day.

 

"Has anyone saw Dara?"

 

Everyone turned to her. They all look confused until they noticed that Dara is really not around.

 

"She's not in her room?" Hayi chirped, pushing her head out from her own room's doorframe.

 

Bom scurried to the last room on the left which they believe is Dara's. She knocked but no one answered. The lady turned to her comrades with a worried expression. Seungyoon gave her a light  nod, signalling her to open the door. Bom then turned the knob and was surprised that it isn't even locked.

 

When she pushed the door open, she saw nothing but an empty room. The bed also seemed to be untouched as it is still neatly organized.

 

"She's not here."

 

The rest of the group became automatically worried, especially Kai.

 

That woman is up to something again.

 

"We need to find her. Woobin's men are still around, lurking. I just hope that what I'm thinking is wrong." Taehyung hurriedly grabbed his coat with a worried expression.

 

"What do you mean?" -Taeh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter