Chapter XXX

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day has come and the group is about to leave the manor again for school. In the midst of waiting for the others to get ready, Dara noticed how strange her brother is acting. The guy has been looking blankly as if he's bothered by something.

 

Concerned to her twin, Dara called out his attention. "Sanghyun-ah, are you okay?"

 

The young man turned to her nervously. Thunder tried to fix his composure and act naturally. He simply gave her a small nod and looked away once again.

 

The girl was about to push through in asking her brother when she felt a warm hand wrapping around her wrist. Dara looked up at the owner and there she saw Tao with his round orbs staring at her like a lost child. She can't help but to find the boy so adorable that the little annoyance was washed away.

 

"Noona, can I sit beside you today?" He cutely asks referring to the arrangement inside the car.

 

Dara simply nodded at him but the boy almost jumped in bliss. She returned her gaze at her brother but decided to stop her previous plan of talking further to him when she saw the guy with his eyes closed, and seems to be thinking of something deeply.

 

Whatever it is, Dara wants to let him be.

 

When everyone is ready to leave, Thunder suddenly called Chaerin who's now about to walk out from the front porch with Dara. The girl halted and turned to her friend with a confused stare. 

 

Let me talk to you for a second.

 

He spoke through his mind. A pang of nervousness hit her. She knows something is up with him and by means of it, she can feel that it's not something good.

 

"What?" Chaerin simply asks when she reached close to him.

 

Thunder gave her an intense look and held her right arm firmly. "Chaerin, I want you to do something for me."

 

A deep frown formed on Chaerin's face because of what she heard. Thunder never asked anything from her ever. Now that he does, she can't help but to be worried of what's coming. 

 

"I want you to keep them all away from the house today. Don't come home unless I call you. Stay far from here as much as possible, especially Dara." The boy continuously explained.

 

Chaerin's confusion grew more. Why is he saying all of these? Why do they have to stay away?

 

"Wait, Park Sanghyun. Could you please tell me what the he'll is going on? I Don't get it."

 

Thunder sighs in frustration. He roughly combed his hair with his fingers. Eyes grow weak and face turned problematic. 

 

"I can't tell you, Chaerin. Not just yet."

 

He looked away once more. Chaerin can't weave the right words to say. She feels that something not right will happen judging from how Thunder acts. She haven't seen him like this before. 

 

"Look, Sanghyun, if you're not gonna tell me anything then how can I possibly do what you want? And do you think Dara will follow me just like that?"

 

"Chaerin this is the only thing I'm asking for you so please I want you to do everything to keep them all away from here, even the mortals."

 

His plea made Chaerin grew even more nervous. She held Thunder's ice cold hand and pulled him to face her.

 

"Then at least tell me why." She firmly said.

 

Hesitation plagued Sanghyun. His worries for what might happen to them is not helping to calm his sanity. He doesn't want to tell anything to Chaerin for it might screw his plan. But the girl seems to be too stubborn to know what's up. He has to trust her. He has to take another risk.

 

Thunder looked straight at his friend's eyes. "Woobin....he's starting the hunt."

 

Chaerin gasped at the revelation. It ain't have any explanation but she already knew what it means. The Archangel's vessel is coming for them.....for Sandara.

 

"But...how did you know? H-how sure are you that he's really coming?" She stammered.

 

"Last night, I saw a group of his men roaming around outside the manor."

 

"! What are we supposed to do now?!" Chaerin is a strong girl but never in her life she felt this scared, not for herself but for all of them.

 

Thunder held her shoulders and faced her. "I want you to stay away from the manor from now on. This is the place that they would surely look for Dara. Go somewhere far and leave this town."

 

"But-" Chaerin was cut off by Sanghyun's words.

 

"No more buts, Chae. I need you to follow everything that I've said. It's not just Woobin who's after her, we also have to get rid of Jia as well. Now go, and act naturally as possible. Don't let Dara get away from your sight."

 

"But what about you? Do you think we're just gonna leave you here?" She asked with a deep concern.

 

"Don't worry about me, Chae. They are all after Sandara and not me. Just think about her and remember not to bring her any closer to our old manor."

 

Chaerin couldn't argue anymore. Whatever will happen to them today, she has no choice but to do what Thunder wants.

 

Just stay alive, Sanghyun....for Dara's sake.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Little did they know, Dara has been watching from the window of their car. She can't hear anything nor read something from the two's minds for something...or someone has been blocking her, Thunder.

 

What are you two up to, really?

 

"Dara, are you okay?" She was pulled off from her thoughts when Kai spoke in front, looking at her from the rearview mirror.

 

Dara didn't answer. She just simply nodded, still looking at the two inside the house. Whatever it is, she knows it's something that she won't like...at all.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The day took off normally for the group, except for Chaerin. Few more hours and class will end but she still doesn't have any idea how she will take them all away from this place. 

 

Dara is one stubborn girl. If she insists in going back to the manor, Chaerin will find it hard to stop her, even with the help of the other castors.

 

There she goes, quietly reading a book she doesn't even feel like reading. Aware of someone staring at her, Sandara closed the book and looked at the person at her right.

 

"What?" She coldly asks yet not sounding angry.

 

The boy gulped twice, not knowing what to say. He haven't had the chance to converse with her like this so he doesn't know how to start off.

 

"Uhmm...I-I...j-just find you really p-pre-pretty...."

 

The boy's eyes widened at the words that came out from his mouth. He clasped his hand over it, don't know how to take back everything.

 

Aissh! Pabo! Park Chanyeol what the hell were you thinking?!?!?!

 

A small, almost unnoticeable, smile formed on Sandara's lips. It made Chanyeol's heart flutter more. Never did she smiled because of him...just now.

 

"Is that so? Thank you then, Chanyeol." She mildly said.

 

! Did she just say my name?! 

 

He was about to say something more when someone barged inbetween them, blocking Dara from his view. 

 

"Sandara, can I ask you a favor?"

 

It was none other than Park Chanyeol's bestfriend, Byun Baekhyun. The taller guy glowered at his friend for ruining the almost perfect moment with the lady. Deciding to deal with the moment-destroyer later, he tries to eavesdrop to know what the boy is up to.

 

Dara didn't try to say something and just looked at Baekhyun, waiting for what he's about to say. On the other hand, the boy is a bit nervous contemplating between whether he should continue his plans or not. After some time of juggling his thoughts, he sighed as he finally came into a decision.

 

"Uhmmm...I just want to ask if you could accompany me at the mall? The class president asked me to buy some stuffs and the others seem to be busy doing their own things so...." he says, not looking at the girl.

 

What?! He asked her to come with her?! Just the two of them?! Busy my ! Can't he see I'm also not doing anything here?! Chanyeol madly thought.

 

He was about to cut in and volunteer when Dara stood up from her seat. "Okay then, let's go."

 

Baekhyun's eyes lit up like a kid when she agreed. Opposite him, Chanyeol felt like a paper slowly drifting off the wind. He looked around the room to look for the others but he found no one but a Zhang Yixing sleeping on his desk. The others are not around and Chaerin must have already left the room to go back to her own. Surprisingly, Dara's clingy friend, Kim Jongin is not around as well. And then he remembered that he and the rest might be at the lab doing some group works. 

 

Aigoo! Kim Jongin! Why the hell are you not here at the time when you can be at least useful to me?!?!

 

The poor boy got no choice but to watch Dara's retreating back followed by Baekhyun's who seemed not to notice he was even there at all. He just throws daggers at him as he unconsciously crumples his own notebook in jealousy.

 

Byun Baekhyun! You muggle! Just wait until I bury your in the depth of the Marianas Trench!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baekhyun can't help but to smile inwardly while walking side by side with Dara. He still can't believe that the girl just agreed to accompany him to the mall. He also knew that Chanyeol was there before but he decided to ignore him for he knew that the guy will just stop him from asking Dara. Baekhyun was just so glad that the girl just said yes immediately before Chanyeol could interfere.

 

He has no special feelings for Dara....or not just yet. Ever since he saw how she acted comfortably around them, especially with the maknaes, he started to have the urge of getting close to her as well. When he saw that smile, he can't understand what went on his mind. Her smile seems so different, it's cold and perfect at the same time. He don't know what it is but one thing he's sure of is that he wants to know her more.

 

No words were said while they're walking. He just steals glances at her from some time and smile afterwards. Dara took notice of this but decided to just let him be. He's a mortal after all, he can do no harm to her.

 

As they get closer to the entrance of the mall, a particular figure caught Baekhyun's eyes. The body built, the way the woman walks, the way she dress....he can't be wrong, it's his own mother. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"WHAT?!?! YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE GOING TO GET HER? NOW?!" 

 

Taehyung almost punched the wall of Woobin's office when the latter brought him the news. His eyes immediately glowed into burning bright blue in anger.

 

"I had no choice, V. The council has decided and the angels, as well as the demons, are itching to do what they wanted from the beginning." The taller guy coldly explained.

 

They finally came up into a decision since last night. Today is the day that they'll be taking Dara for the imprisonment of her soul. Taehyung, who is oblivious of the plan, bursted in rage and wanted to destroy everything around him.

 

He was just starting. He was just starting to know her and yet this has to occur. He know that he has something to do with Woobin's decision. The elder castor is aware of him developing feelings towards Dara even for just a small time.

 

"This got something to do with me, am I right? You know I like her, that I might soon take turn and not help you anymore? You knew it so you want to get her right now."

 

Woobin calmly stood up and looked down at him. "This is not just because of that, Kim Taehyung. You're almost a brother to me so I want to help you to get rid easily of that little affection to that girl." He sighed, closing his eyes, before staring outside to the nearing sunset. "You remind me of myself. I was just so much like you when I was asked to kill her mother before...to stop Dara from being born. I loved her mother...and I'll always will. I failed to kill her that time and that was the biggest mistake I've ever done. I chose my selfish feelings and let a monster be born...and that monster killed her own mother...the woman I only loved. That is why I'm doing this now, Taehyung. I don't want you to commit the same mistake again and let the demon live inside her. If you really love Sandara, you won't let Jia eat all of her soul up."

 

Taehyung let out a fake laughter. "So this is why you want to get rid of her this early? You want to take revenge for your woman who she had killed?"

 

"Kim Taehyung, that's not what you think! You know that it's the only good way to stop this. If you don't want to believe me then think about this," he paused then looked closer at the younger boy. "Do you want to help me get her soul imprisoned forever...or take what the angels and demons want her to be?"

 

Taehyung was taken aback. None of the two choices will make him feel any much better, he has to choose whether he likes it or not. The boy turned around and started walking to the door but before he opened it to leave, he spoke without looking back at Woobin.

 

"Fine. If that's what you want then so be it."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Byun Baekhyun where the are you going?!" Sandara shouted as she chases the boy.

 

They were about to enter the mall when Baekhyun started running to the parking lot. He kept on shouting "Mom!" for so many times and there she saw a woman dressed in beige riding off in a Mercedes. 

 

Dara stopped running when Baekhyun slumped down at the parking lot floor with his head hung low. The girl knelt down in front of him and saw how frustrated he is.

 

"She didn't even heard me. She didn't even looked back." He melancholy said with a fake smile flashing on his beautiful face.

 

"You're an idiot." 

 

Baekhyun looked up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter