Chapter XXXI

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're kidding right?" Bom asks, still processing what her friend had said.

Everybody was shocked at Minzy's suggestion. The humans aren't saying anything either for none of them understands what's really happening.

"I'm serious here, Bom." Minzy started while roaming her eyes through all of them. "You're complaining about these boys becoming a burden to us but we can't leave them just like that, then so be it. We just have to make them one of our kind."

"Are you ing out of your mind?! We've already broke enough rules and now you're planning to do the worst!" Mino snapped out at her.

Minzy stood up with balled fists and faced him, both can almost kill each other with their looks. "So what do you want to do huh? Leave them like trash and let those scumbags rip them off? Let them stay with us as humans and protect them until we lose this ing fight?!" 

"But that doesn't give us the right to let their souls be tied up with some demons like ours!" Mino's voice clearly shows anger and opposition against the idea.

"And the rules don't give us the damn reason to let ourselves lose!  We've already reached this far and we're already in their childish red list so we have no other choice but to take all the risks!"

Mino scooted closer to Minzy and intimidatingly looks at her. "And then what? Let these humans live an endless miserable life?!"

"This is not about that Mino! All of them are after us now. All of them! They won't even care if they'll get us dead or alive as long as they can do whatever they want to Dara. Now making these humans like us will make everything easier for all of us to survive until we find a way to kill Jia without her getting inside Dara. I swear those es won't be able to do anything to us anymore if we can make it!"

"But you know that-" Minho was cut off by a sudden rage of a voice.

"That's enough!" Kris shouted in anger. He slammed the wooden table near him and glared at the two. "We get it that you two can't get along with this but we can clearly hear that this is ing about us! Don't make us look stupid here and decide for us that we don't even understand a here! Isn't it better if you tell us first what the is going on coz the last time I checked we still can decide for ourselves."

Mino and Minzy calmed a bit but embarassment is embeded on their faces because of what Kris had said. 

"They are fighting over whether to change you guys or not." Jinwoo started speaking the first time in this moment. EXO looked at him, waiting for more words to get rid of the confusion. The eldest immortal boy gave out a heavy sigh. He sat up straight and looked at the mortals. "Protecting you from the assailants is difficult than what we have expected. Keeping you out of their claws and at the same time accomplishing the mission to cover Dara and find the way to kill Jia just causes more damage to everyone."

"We understand that part okay? What we don't get is that about making us one of your kind." Baekhyun interrupted.

"Castors are born and not made. Each of us was born with a demon or an angel inside living with our human soul. We were chosen and posessed by them even before we were born. But powerful and higher ranked angels know a way to turn a grown human into Castors. It's what we call the Claiming. They have the ability to summon either an angel or a demon to go inside one's body." 

Jinwoo stopped for a minute and observed the boys' reactions, searching if they already got what he meant.

"You mean...." Sehun stuttered at his own idea.

"It means an angel or a demon will be summoned to go inside each one of you. It means you're gonna lose your mortality and be like us." Kai finishes.

The boys fell silent. They are contemplating whether they heard everything right. Being the eldest, Xiumin stood up and everyone looked at him by surprise. It's very rare to see him joining an arguments but this time, their lives as humans are at stake.

"So we're gonna lose everything we have? That means completely going far from our families right?"

The Castors have nothing to say but they nodded as a yes. 

"But what about our families? What if they look for us? Sooner or later they'll know that we're not in school nor in the dorm anymore." -Tao.

"Hayi can handle it. She can do something to make you guys disappear in everyone of them's memory." Mino explained.

Those words strike hard onto Exo. Thinking of the possiblity that their families will forget everything about them hurts a lot. They will be forgotten. They will be nothing in this world but a bunch of boys that never existed.

"I-I...I don't think I can take that...." Sehun blurted out with a voice that cracks up, holding in the tears.

"Well I guess you have to bear with it. It's the only way not to lose lives...or at least not much." -Seunghoon.

"Wait....if it can be done, then who will make them one of us? Not even a single demon listen to us right?" Taehyun asks out of nowhere.

He has a point. If Exo agrees with the deal, none of them has the power to do the Claiming. They are indeed powerful castors but they have not enough ability to control angels nor demons.

"You might be forgetting one thing here, Nam Taehyun." And now the attention's on Chaerin who has been so quiet all throughout the conversation. "That guy outside is the one who'll do the Claiming."

Everyone followed what she was looking at and there they saw a boy standing on the porch, staring far at nothingness. It is Kim Taehyung.

"That guy?! May

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter