Chapter XXII

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thunder was nowhere to be found at the manor when they arrived home.

Dara called her brother and discovered that the latter is currenty looking for someone she doesn't even knows who.

"Where could that guy be?" Chaerin asked out of the blue.

They are gathered around the living room while Exo is already inside their room. Mino even joked around that they must be still scared of them which is true.

"Hyung is very secretive when it comes to serious businesses. We won't know unless he tells us himself." Kai commented as he sips from his soda can.

"Why do I feel like it has something to do with Mr. Yang? He has gone missing these past few days." Taehyun added.

"No..." Dara said for the first time since the call with her twin.

All of them went confused at her. With furrowed brows, Seungyoon asked, "What do you mean by that?"

Dara looked at him intently then eventually shifted her gaze on the floor beneath her feet.

"He knows where Hyunsuk would probably be, which is Woobin's place while locked up. I don't think that my brother is stupid to go there."

They nodded in agreement.

"But who could that be? The one he's looking for?" Leehi wondered as she stared at the ceiling as if the answer is there.

"Whoever that is...just like what Kai said, we'll only know it when he tells us himself." Minzy commented at the younger girl's question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aish! I think I will never get used to these people!" Baekhyun whined while he buries his face on the soft pillow.

None of them got the appetite to eat dinner due to the shock they had this morning.

Being with a bunch of ceaseless creatures is already too much for them so what more when they just saw one of them killing their own kind.

"We don't want living with them but we don't want to get caught by the others as well. How beautiful this life is." Xiumin smirked at his sarcastic words.

They turned their attention to the eldest member who's just sitting by the large window, staring blankly at the sky.

Xiumin is right. They don't know what they really want. It's difficult to adjust with the new life with Sandara's group but getting away from them is not a good choice either.

"God what have got ourselves into?!" Chanyeol pulled his hair frustratingly.

"If only we didn't agreed with Krystal...if only we just let our lives screwed up by her, at least we could have that normal life until now." Chen seconded.

Suho stood up from his bed and faced his friends. He is the leader so he should do something about his brothers' anxiety.

"We can't bring back time, Chen. As much as we want to but it can't be." He started while eyeing the boy. "What we did coz of Krystal was our choice and the harm has been done. We got ourselves involved with those creatures so we have to deal with it. All we can do now is trust them with our lives. I don't see them breaking the deal...especially Sandara."

Suho said the last two words in a low voice yet still enough to be heard by everyone inside the big room.

"But...didn't we kidnapped her? Aren't we the reasons why she had to hurt humans that night? Do you think she can still have the full will to protect us...what if she just decides to leave us when everything gets tangled up?" -Kyungsoo 

Kris stood beside Suho as the second leader of the group.

"That's why we have to trust her. Not just because we have to but because it's the only choice. And that's why we have to make her trust us as well."

Luhan eyed at the taller guy in puzzlement.

"But how can she trust us? We are just the weak humans who seek protection from their group."

"We can find a way. There's no way that she, or all of them out there, won't trust us at all, well except for that Kai I think...he seems to have bad blood for us." Kris retorted.

Sehun nodded in agreement to his hyung.

"I think he's right. There's gotta be a way....wait....didn't she just said we can live normally for now? Maybe we can, make it up to her with this chance."

"Do you think we can really live normally like what she said? There are angels, demons and castors or whatsoever that are chasing after us." -Tao.

"I still remember her saying that those things won't touch us. At least for now." Lay finally spoke. "There's nothing wrong if we're going to get hold of that. She knows what she says and she knows them better than we do."

Baekhyun sits up properly on his bed and looked at his hyung at awe. "On the second thought...you are right hyung! I'm impressed that you remembered that in spite of your memory problems!"

The rest of them chuckled at Baekhyun's commentary.

"Look at us...still laughing at a joke amidst of everything." Xiumin said out of the blue.

The boys looked at him in unison.

"Awwwww! Stop being so dramatic hyung!" Chanyeol told the other which just added to the laughter. 

They spent the night talking about things that will take them away from reality for the mean time. They drifted off to sleep afterwards, waiting for another day to arrive. They have talked about it already. They are going to try bringing back the old Exo which had gone away since the red moon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Yah! Nam Taehyun! Have you seen my earrings somewhere? I think I droppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter