Chapter XXVI

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey! You've seen the new guy?"

"Yeah and he's soooo cute! Too bad he's not in our class though."

"But I heard this guy is a bit weird? Some said he acts overly querky despite that cool looks."

"Oh really? Well I don't mind, as long as he's hot."

Gossips everywhere. That's all what they have been hearing ever since they entered the class. Greyfield has a small number of students that's why news spread like wildfire whenever there is.

"There's a transferee?" Lay asked Kris right after they took their seats. He just pouted when the cold city guy shrugged off.

"I think it's the guy Baek got bumped into awhile ago."

They all turned to Kyungsoo who's reading his notes. Even the five immortals turned to him while Dara just slumped her head on the desk.

"What made you say so?" Seungyoon peeked through him.

Kyungsoo laid his notebook on the desk and looked straight ahead of him. "I never seen him here before. Every senior student of this school is already familiar except for that guy."

The rest nodded in agreement. They just left the topic aside except for Baekhyun who just can't help but to think about that guy. If he's indeed a transferee, then why would he look at Dara that way?

He took a glance at the sleeping petite figure as he tries to connect the dots. He's pretty sure that the girl has no idea who that guy was with the way she ignored him.

By any chance, does that guy knows who she is?


Baekhyun is still dazed while staring at her when Kai, who's sitting beside her, suddenly turned to him with threatening eyes. The human boy got startled and at the same time intimidated. He mouthed the word "What?" at him but Kai just smirked and looked away.

Psh. Possessive jerk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small beads of sweat are trickling down his forehead. He wants to rip the piece of paper any time now.

! Why the heck did I forgot about this?!

Baekhyun feels like he wants to flip everything around him now. They are having a test on a Pre-Calculus subject and he forgot to study last night. He looked around him, everyone of them are busy in scribbling the solutions on their scratch papers. 

His eyes spotted Chen. The boy was obviously looking at him but took his attention back on his own paper. A playful smile is written on his face.

This jerk! I'm sure he didn't tell me on purpose! 

Baekhyun focused on his paper once again, but no matter how he thinks hard, the more his head feels like blowing up.

Limit of function my ! How can I ing use this while buying stuffs? Will the store ask me the limit of x squared plus three??? Ugh! I want to know where Leibniz' grave lies so I can kill him the second time around! 

Baekhyun feels like dying now, thirty minutes have already passed before the last subject of the morning ends and he still only have answered five items. The True-or-False part.

He has no choice. Be it cheating or what but he is desperate not to give a clean paper to the teacher. 

S.O.S

"Yah!" He laid his head on the desk, facing Kyungsoo at his right.

The wide-eyed boy stared at him blankly as he continues to whisper. "Can I copy your answers?"

Much to his dismay, Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and ignored him. Baekhyhun tried to get his attention by lightly kicking the foot of his chair but it's useless. 

Twenty minutes. He really wants to cry now. Baekhyun just slumped his back on his chair and waited for the time to die. Through his peripheral vision, he spotted Dara looking at him.

Baekhyun turned to her and eventually shifted his gaze towards her desk. Her paper is now facing down just like Kai's, meaning that the two of them are already done. She's still staring at him while the tanned boy beside her is already sleeping.

He can't help his mouth to hang open. They are freakin' done! With a C-A-L-C-U-L-U-S test!

Dara quietly cleared and that's when Baekhyun got back on his senses. He looked at her once again and an idea popped out of his brilliant mind.

He smiled at her widely and batted his eyelashes like a puppy. Dara grimaced and raised a brow at him.

"Can I copy your answers, please?" He whispered, his hands clasped together and a pout on his lips.

Good thing no one notices them. Their teacher is busy fidgeting with her phone absentmindedly while the rest of the class are busy solving. Baekhyun thought that it's going to be difficult for him to beg on Dara because of her smirk.

He gasped when she pulled a sheet of paper from desk and crumpled it into a ball. Baekhyun is confused at first especially when she threw it to him, making the paper land on his lap.

He looked at her with a puzzled face but she just looked at the paper, seems to be telling him to look at it. And when he did, he felt like the heaven just came open for him.

It's her scratch paper, if you can consider it one. The items were arranged by order. Few scribbled number on a problem then voila, a boxed answer comes after. And with that he knew that the girl, or even Kai, is just solving mentally.

ing genius! 

Remembering that he's already under time pressure, Baekhyun hurriedly copied everything on his own sheet. Just on time, he finished 'answering' and immediately hid Dara's scratch paper to keep it from the teacher's eyes.

A victorious smile crept on his face and gave a thumbs up to Dara. The girl just shook her head and tapped her temple with her index finger. Baekhyun got what she wanted to say. He needs to use his brain next time. The boy just smiled at her apologetically.

 The teacher made them wait for the result so as she checks the paper, the students are doing their own thing. Dara just joined Kai and slept as well.

"Aigoo! That was tiring! That test made me hungry! It drained everything I ate for breakfast!" Taehyun whined at his friends.

All eighteen of them are occupying the last two rows of the class that's why it's just easy for them to converse. 

"Seems easy for me though..." Baekhyun blurted out.

All of the boys turned to him questioningly. Kyungsoo raised a brow at him and looks at him with suspicion.

" And how did it become easy for you?"

Baekhyun slowly avoided their gazes. "You know...I literally find it easy like..."

None of his friends know about what he and Dara did. They were too immersed with the test that they didn't noticed Baekhyun getting the answers from Dara.

Kyungsoo scooted closer to him, he's definitely doubting the boy's statement. "How can it be easy when not long before, you just asked me to let you copy from me."

Now the others are intently looking at Baekhyun who's hitting his head on his mind.

"Byun Baekhyun, did you do something stupid again?" Suho asks as he crosses his arms over his chest. The l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter