Chapter XXIV

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He is sitting comfortably on his chair, with a glass of wine in his left hand. He has been waiting for a knock on the door for an hour now and yet none has come.

 

Woobin has sent a man to watch his prey. He just can't let her go now. He can't let the other Castors and what's inside him move to the second way of defeating Jia.

 

The archangel's vessel knew so well how Jia will play the game and he's willing to get along with the pace. He has no choice but to wait until the demon gets into its body before they set the trap up.

 

Woobin's getting deeper into his thoughts when a light knock is heard on the door. He sighed in relief. Finally.

 

“Come in.”

 

The door slowly opened revealing a young man with deep green eyes piercing on him.

 

“So, what did you get?” Woobin asked without looking at his pawn.

 

The young lad clicked his tongue and walked towards the table beside his boss. Leaning on it with his arms crossed over his chest, he looked at Woobin amusingly.

 

“You never told me that the vessel is gorgeous.” he blurted out with excitement on the tone of his voice.

 

Woobin glared at the boy who's cocky smile is still not leaving his face.

 

“I didn't ask you to check out on the girl.” he placed the wine beside the guy and looked at him again. “Now answer me before I break those arms of yours.”

 

The warning doesn't even shook the boy, instead he chuckled playfully as he gets the glass of wine and drinks it all in one shot.

 

“You don't have to do that, boss.” He looked down to Woobin with a serious look. “Speaking of that girl, nothing interesting except for how pretty she is.”

 

The boy earned another glare from the older man making him grin in frolic before continuing. “What I mean is that nothing happens. Everything seems to be normal around them, even those stupid immortal friends of hers are acting normal. I don't think Jia made her move yet after what happened to our Key yesterday.”

 

His expression fell a bit sad recalling what happened to his friend. The boy was also there, not far, watching Dara killing Key. But it didn't bother him that much. It's part of their job: to die when hell breaks lose. After all, his friend's soul is still alive so he can come back sooner or later.

 

“Is that all?” Woobin asked.

 

“Nothing more. Nothing less.”

 

Woobin turned to the guy once again and looked at him as he process the new plan. The latter felt that something is going on inside his boss' mind, making him frown in curiosity.

 

“The next thing I want you to do,” Woobin started while looking away from the boy. “I want you to get near her. Get into that school if possible. I need you to watch her more and ring on me if ever Jia comes around Dara.”

 

The boy smiled widely as if he just won the lottery. “I can never be pleased with a job like this.”

 

“Just make sure you do it right, young man. I don't want everything to get messed up because of that weird head of yours.”

 

He joyfully stood up properly, “Copy that!”

 

Woobin smirked at the boy's childlike act when someone clears throat to get their attention.

 

They turned to the door and saw Jessica still wearing her cold aura. As if on cue, the boy didn't utter any word and just left quietly after bowing at the young lady. He already knows that the woman wants to have a private talk with her brother.

 

Woobin fell more serious at the sight of his sister looking at him suspiciously.

 

“You know what, Woobin, I'm still not giving up telling you to pass the job to another Elder. You're just gonna screw everything up and I'm sure of that.” Jessica blurted right away.

 

“This is none of your business Jessica.”

 

“This is my business because you are my brother. I know that you can't catch her so what more when you have to get her inside that pit? That girl affects you so much and I can see that.”

 

Woobin hissed at what his sister had said. “I can't pass this to anyone. If I do then there's a higher possibility that they will do the second option and I just can't let that happen. Now that I have control on Michael's power, I will do everything to get her soul inside that hell without doing anything from the option they prefer.”

 

Jessica massaged the back of her neck in frustration. “Why?! Is it because you see Hyori in her? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter