Chapter XXXIII

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun wakes up from his deep sleep. He tries to remember what happened and all he could recall is being tied up in a chair then these pitch black smoke appeared as if they are going to eat him up. The last thing he saw are those balls of light coming down from a portal.

The boy looked around him and saw that all the beds are empty. His friends are all gone and nervousness crawled up to him. Then something hit his thoughts. Don't we have that Claiming last night???

Baekhyun looked at his hands, traced his face and his torso as if checking for some changes or rather lost body parts. Not contented, he quickly jumped off the bed and runs to the mirror to look at himself. Seeing that he seems too "normal", he frowned.

"I thought I am already Claimed? Why do I feel so normal? I don't even feel anything possessing me...unless...." The boy gasped, "Omo! Eottokhae! What if those angels and demons thought that I was awful or useless??? And nothing chose to claim me??? And everyone already left me coz I'm useless???"

"Hey boy, until what time do you plan to talk to yourself?"

"Aaaaaah!" Baekhyun can't control himself and screamed his heart out when he heard a cold voice out of nowhere. "Where are you? Who are you? Don't come near me!" He looked around in a fighting stance, checking if someone's going to attack him.

He jumped once again when someone laughed from behind. He turned and saw Dara covering , holding herself from laughing even more. Baekhyun on the other hand is left flustered.

"D-Da-Dara????!"

Dara breathed deep before speaking to make sure not to laugh again. "Boy, you look like a lunatic in an asylum back there."

Baekhyun felt his cheeks went warm in embarrassment. "Y-yah! You called me a 'dog trying to lay an egg' before and now you're calling me a lunatic?!"

Dara silently nods her head, still smiling. "Yeah. To be precise, a lunatic who's trying to look for a fly to eat."

Baekhyun was dumfounded at the remark. His mouth was left hang open with his eyes almost popping out. "You- you! Yah! How could you?!" He stutters, pointing at the girl.

Dara just smirked and sat on his bed. She pulled his phone at the side table as if it's hers. Her left brow went up when he saw his wallpaper. It's a stolen photo of her beside him inside the class.

"Yah! That's my phone! Yah" Baekhyun ran to her and immediately grabbed the phone from her cold hands.

Dara stared at him for some seconds. "Who took that picture?"

Baekhyun gulped. Aish! I should have at least put a password! You're such a pabo, Byun Baekhyun. He mentally smacks himself when Dara cleared , still waiting for his answer. "It's Taehyun. He borrowed my phone that time coz he said he just want to play some games. Then he saw us sitting side by side so he took a photo of it....."
The girls just stared blankly at him, making Baekhyun more nervous. "W-why are y-you looking at me like that?"

Dara slightly shook her head then looked away. "I just realized that you look like a poodle."

Baekhyun's eyes grew wide. "Whaaaaat?! Yaaah! Can you stop referring me to a dog?!" He annoyingly looked down and whispered to himself. "You're lucky I like you."

Even if it's just a whisper, Dara heard what he said. She can't help being uneasy at it but she tried to act cool, not planning to look like an idiot as when Xiumin said the same thing. "Do you like me?"

Again, Baekhyun gasped, this time, as if he just died for a second. The ?! "You...ah-I... Didn't... I mean y-you..."

"Boy, could you please stop stuttering?" Dara rolled her eyes, leaning on the headboard and pulled a pillow.

Aish! How can this day start so bad?! He literally hit his forehead. "So what if I like you? I don't even know why I ended up liking you." He stood up putting his hands on his waist like an angry mom. "And excuse me! I just like you okay?! I don't love you! So don't assume things! Like is different from love. From spelling to meaning!"

*cricket sounds*

Silence.....

Silence.....

A deafening silence....

"Pffft---" the boys face almost fell off when Dara started laughing out loud that she even almost roll on the bed.

"Yaaaah! Dara-yaaah! Why are you laughing at me?!" Baekhyun whined like a child making Dara laugh more.

Baekhyun pouted like a child as he waits for Dara to calm herself and stop laughing. "You should've seen your face. You don't have to react like that you know. So what if you like me? It's not like I will kill you for that. Stop being so defensive. Thanks for the laugh by the way."

"I am...not...defensive.." His voice gets lower as he speaks. He sat down on the bed, with Dara still sitting behind him.

"I'm not being cocky here but...do all of you in your group like me?" -Dara

"And what makes you think of that?" Baekhyun asked, still facing away from her.

Dara sighed and the boy was able to hear it. "Nothing...just curious. You said you like me and someone from your group just said the exact same thing to me yesterday. I just wonder if all of you are coz that's what I read in his mind."

Baekhyun perked up and quickly scooted closer to her. "Jinjja? Someone else confessed to you? Who? Who? Who?" Dara grimaced at the childish excitement on his face.

"It's none of you business...." Baekhyun pouts once again. "So...you know anythng?"

Baekhyun frantically shakes his at her. "Molla... maybe yes especially Tao...he screamed about liking you before. So gay..."

The young boy rolled his eyes and Dara smirked coz of it. Says who.

After a few more moments of dead silence, Dara stood up. "Get yourself ready. The others are already outside getting prepared for your training so you better hurry up."

When he heard the word 'others', Baekhyun felt relieved that his thoughts of everyone leaving him behind you is not true but he looked at the girl with him, wondering.

"Wait...so that's it? You're not gonna dump me? And you're not mad if in case all of us really like you?"

Dara was about to open the door but she turned around. "I won't...it's not my business if ya'll like me or not. I'm gonna die anyway."

Baekhyun frowned at the last sentence. "What do you mean you're gonna die?!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter