Chapter I

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 12-year old girl stared out from her window, watching the kids having fun outside their house. She wants to join them...to know what it feels like to have friends...to be normal. But she can't because SHE won't let her.

 

"You can't go outside, Dara. It's too dangerous for you. You have to understand, it's for your own good, honey." She always hear that from her mom, Lee Hyori. Dara always asks her why but the older just keeps mum about it.For that reason she hated her mom..a lot.

 

She never get to live a normal life from the day she was born. She never even got the chance to meet her father coz God only knows where he is. She met different people before, some at her age, but they are not the people she's looking for. They are weird kids but there's one thing she sees in their eyes whenever she looks at them: FEAR. Dara wanted to ask so many questions. "Why are they like that?" "Why is mom so over protective?" "Who am I really?"

 

For so many years, she stayed like this. A girl who lives but doesn't seem to exists. Sadness, that's what filled her whole life. The only person who can ease this painful feeling is her twin brother, Thunder. He is the only one who can make her comfortable whenever she's sad and the ONLY one who can calm her down whenever she starts to get mad with their mother for not giving her the life she ever dreamed of.

 

But Thunder is "not enough". She really wants to go out there. She wants to escape from this huge but suffocating manor. She had made up her mind and will do it tonight...to run away. 

---

Exactly when everyone is asleep, Dara started out her plan. She already packed her belongings and everything is ready. She tiptoed on her way outside her room, making sure that Thunder won't hear her through the thin wall that separates their rooms. She made her way down the stairs of their house and walked fast but quietly to a large window. Trying not to make any noise, she slowly opened the window and as she was about to get out, a voice almost killed her from a shock. 

 

"Where do you think you're going, Sandara Park?!" her mom yelled in anger.

Young Dara frozed at her spot. She couldn't think straight. "Is she awake all this time?" She asked herself. She feels so many things right now.

"ANSWER ME!" Dara gasped with her eyes widened. She never saw her mother this angry.

"I-I..."

"Mom? Dara? What's happening here?" It was her twin brother. Thunder was awakened by her mother's loud voice. He confusedly looked at the two persons in front of him. "Dara, why are you bringing your clothes?" He asked as looked at the bag on his sister's hand.

"I-I'm trying to run away." Dara managed to say, trying to hold her tears from falling.

"What?! How many times will I teel you that you should not leave this house ever! You will only put yourself in danger!"

"Here we are again Mom! Enough with your reasons! I only want to live a normal life. I want to meet other people and to see other places. You want to protect me? Can't you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter