The News

My So-Called Babysitters

November 20

It was a bright Sunday morning and Min was stil in her bed. Downstairs her mother called "Soo Min! Get up it's 10 a.m.!". Min was always waking up late on weekend mornings.

 

As Min walked downstairs with her curly hair in a pony tail, pajamas way too long, and a tank top that shrinked in a washer, she heard her parents whisper about something before she could reach the table. Preceding to the table, she heard her umma and appa say several things like "tell her!" ,"i don't think she's old enough!", "she is not responsible!". At the table Min was asking what they were talking about. Her parents replied " You see Min, your dad and I are going to our first business trip since we wanted to moved to Seoul." "We'll be out for 3 months and we don't think you're responsible to stay alone." Min was in denial. "I am so responsible! You can trust me to stay alone for just 3 months. Heck it could be a year!" she said in fury. "We know Min but it's just that we're in a different country now, English isn't the main language and although you're fluent in Korean and writing hangul, It's different. And so with this we are coming to the conclusion that we'll get you babysitters. Just for this first business trip we're going on." Said her appa. "Araso?" Said both her mother and father. "Araso." said Min.

 

An akward silence atmosphere surrounded the table during breakfast. Min left her younger brother back in America and just last month did Min move into Seoul with her parents. She was doing well in school, her parents were making good money and she's become more mature. But she was still short. She has a great sense of humor and was intellectual. She was a very fun-loving girl but her temper was very high. 

 

As the day went by Min was in her room always behind her computer and always on Facebook. She wondered on who was gonna babysit her. She thought to herself "Why do I need a babysitter? I'm gonna be 17 years old for crying out loud"

 

It was 7:00 PM and her mother called to Min "Min it's time for dinner!" her mother cried. "Araso umma!" replied Min. "Ppali ppali!" rushed her umma.

 

At dinner, Min asked "So appa who's babysitting me?" "You know your cousin Onew?" "Oh the one in SHINee?" "That boy group" replied Min. "He and his fellow Shinee members will be babysitting you." answered appa. Min had never met her cousin Onew. But he has seen her as a baby. Nor has she even listened to Shinee's music.

 

That night Min was up in her room, behind her computer and searching up on her cousin Onew and Shinee. Min was suprised by how popular they were. She scrolled through their profiles and soon remembered 'Cousin Jinki' .2 hours after searching she soon fell asleep at 10:00 PM listening to Shinee's Music.