Yi Jungee and So Eunnie

You Belong With Me
“Oppa, wake up, I’m hungry.” So Eun said as she folded the blanket that was crumpled on the floor.

“5 more minutes Eunnie, just 5 more.” He said as he sank on the pillows.

“Ya, Jungee, If only I could drive, I would let you sleep for the whole day but since you won’t even let me ride the taxi, or let the chauffeur take me, you have to get up there and-“

“Okay, okay I’m up.” He said as he scratched his head and headed to the bathroom. He just can’t stand her mumbling like that.

“That’s my brother.” So Eun smiled.

So Eun waited patiently for his brother, Yi Jung, in the dining area where she prepared breakfast herself.

“So what do we have today? Hmm?” Yi Jung said as he sat down and took a sip from his cup.

“As always, your favorite.” She smiled and started to put some egg rolls on Yi Jung’s plate.

“Every time I drink your coffee, I would miss appa. He would never drink any other coffee even if it was the most expensive coffee on earth, he would never drink unless you made it.” He beamed and took a bite.

“Oppa, let’s visit appa later.” And Yi Jung nodded.

They arrived in school and So Eun bid goodbye to his brother. She smiled but after she took a few steps away, she turned back and ran to Yi Jung.

“You forgot.” Yi Jung said and smiled.

“Sorry, I was kind of occupied.” She smiled as she fixed his necktie.

“Occupied? By who?” Yi Jung raised his eyebrows.

“Oppa…what do you mean by who? And ya, this is child abuse, you’re doing it on purpose.”

“Why? You were the one to tie our neckties even when appa was alive. Why complain now?”

“Nothing…you’re just-“

“So Eun-sshi! Yi Jung-ah!” a voice calling behind.

“Woo Bin oppa…I’ll go now Yi Jungee, be a good boy or I’ll tell appa you’ve been naughty. Araso?” So Eun winked. Yi Jung just smiled.

“Late for school again?” Woo Bin asked.

“As usual, lazy head woke up late again. See ya.” So Eun said and sprinted.

“Hey, why are you looking at her like she’s some food you can eat. In short, why are you drooling over my sister?” Yi Jung said to Woo Bin.

___________________________________

“Muo? Hey, I would never look at So Eun the way I look at other girls…she’s like…a sis…well, a special friend to me. She’s…ahh, let’s go.” Woo Bin said.

“Eunnie!”

“Jan Di!” So Eun said as she hugged her best friend.

“You’re early today? Did Jun Pyo oppa drive you to school?” So Eun said as she sat down.

“Ani, he-“

“Hi So Eun-sshi, I’m Sungkyu, a transfer student. I heard So Yi Jung is your brother, can we be friends?” the girl smiled giving her a paper bag with chocolates inside.

“Ah…hi, and…oh…okkkaay??” She said doubtful of her answer. Jan Di rolled her eyes.

LUNCH BREAK.

“Jan Di-ah, where’s Eunnie?” Yi Jung asked while pouring wine into his cup. They were at the F4 lounge.

“On her way sunbae, your girlfriends are picking on her again.” Jan Di teased.

“Muo? Why did you leave her?”

“Because this bigheaded friend of yours dragged me all the way here.” She said making a funny face at Jun Pyo..

“Where is she?”

“At the lobby, near the field.”

“You want me to fetch her?” Woo Bin suggested.

“Huh? No, I’ll fetch her…myself.” Yi Jung said.

“Ya, So Eun-sshi, do you want to come to our house tonight? Let’s have a slumber party.” A girl said.

“So Eun-sshi, let’s watch movie together, bring Yi Jung sunbae with you.” another girl said.

“Let’s have dinner tonight, I’ll cook Yi Jung’s favorite food.” Another girl said.

“Eunnie!” Yi Jung called.

“Oppa…” So Eun pouted as the group of girls let go of her and crowded on Yi Jung.

“Eunnie doesn’t like slumber parties, I don’t like watching movies on public theaters and the only person who knows how to cook my favorite food is her. So stop pretending you like her, if it’s me you want.” Yi Jung said as he put an arm on Eunnie’s shoulders and walked away.

“I just don’t understand why those girls are fantasizing you, do they have sight problems in some ways? (YJ smirked) and by the way, your girlfriend gave this.” She said as she handed him the paper bag Sungkyu gave earlier and walked ahead of him.

“Girlfriend? Looks like my little girl is jealous.” Yi Jung smiled and ran after her.

“What little girl are you talking about? I’m a grown up now.” She said pouting.

“Okay, but you don’t seem to like-“

“Nonetheless, as long as your army(girls) will stop butting on me then we don’t have a problem. But! Make sure she could at least make good coffee.” Then she smiled.

YJ POV: That sweet smile of her again, I just love my sister so much.

After class, they went to visit their father’s resting place on a private necropolis 30 minutes drive from the town.

So Eun went to his father first while Yi Jung followed videotaping her.

“Appa, how have you been? I missed you and omma, Jungee has been naughty again, I was late for school, good thing my teacher was late too. And oh, I forgot to tell you, he’s being a bad boy again, I can’t seem to understand why he doesn’t just look for the right one so those girls would stop on pretending to be nice to me. It’s getting annoying really, everybody was like…good or pretending-to-be-good in front of me. They think I was the one keeping him from entering relationships. Why can’t he just date someone? Will you visit him in his dream and scare him off his feet?? Just joking, I love you appa.”

So Eun laughed as she replaced the flowers in the vase.

“What are you laughing at? Trying to blackmail me again huh? Appa, Eunnie’s being mean to me. She scares me like halmeoni, Yi Jungee, if you don’t wake up I’ll shave your head! (So Eun sticks her tongue out), but still, she makes the best egg rolls ever. I bet you missed her coffee don’t you? And she just complained early this morning about fixing my tie every day. It’s not that I do it on purpose but-“

“I knew it! You were doing it on purpose!” So Eun threw him a crumpled tissue paper on his face.

“Hey! Stop that, but aren’t I doing her a favor? She used to do it when you’re still with us, so every time she fixes my tie, it’s like she’s doing it to you. Right?” Yi Jung stuck his tongue out on her.

So Eun laughed and went near him. He hugged her as they talked to their father.

“I miss him so much, if only I knew where omma was when she died, I had her buried here beside appa.”

“I’m sure wherever she is, she is happy you have a handsome, caring, loving brother like me.” He smiled.

“Okay, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear the word handsome.” And she laughed.

“You little cutie, let’s go home, it’s getting late.” He said.

After they ate dinner together, they went to their own rooms. Yi Jung watched TV while Eunnie started scanning her book.

It was 10 in the evening but still Yi Jung couldn’t sleep so he decided to get the video cam. He attached it to his laptop and browsed files. All of it contains So Eun’s flicks, stolen moments and plain shots. He decided to watch what he recorded earlier. So Eun was talking to her father while replacing those dried flowers in the vase and he can’t help but smile.

“Appa, I bet you really miss her. Our angel, is finally grown up now. And she’s turning 20 next week.” He smiled and started the slideshow.

In So Eun’s room…

After studying, she opened her secret box where pictures of her and Yi Jung, and their appa was kept. Tokens and gifts. She picked a picture, where she was with Yi Jung and their appa. She was 10 years old at that time. Every year they have a family picture, the three of them. Then she looked at one picture with him and Yi Jung.

“It’s still a family picture…even though it’s just the two of us.” She smiled as a tear slowly rush down to her cheek.

“This would be the 3rd birthday without you appa, you left me on Yi Jung’s 18th birthday. I’m turning 20 next week, I’m a lady now you see.” She said touching his father’s face.

“What hurts more is that I don’t even have any memory of my mother, not even a picture, I can visualize her face but not that clear, just a figure, a shadow of her…I was 6, I can’t remember her that much.”

Yi Jung the security cameras around the house and there he saw her, her sister talking again to his father in her room. She always does this, but now she’s crying… He hurriedly walked out and went to her room.

He knocked.

“Oppa, go to sleep, you’ll wake up late again tomorrow, I’m okay and turn off those cameras.” So Eun said wiping her tears away.

But Yi Jung insisted and went in.

So Eun stood up as she returned her secret box in her closet. Yi Jung hugged her and kissed her forehead.

“You shouldn’t be doing this any longer Jungee, we’re not kids anymore.” She said as she settled in her bed.

“I know, but still you’re my little Eunnie. Goodnight.” He smiled and turned off the lights and headed out.

====
So, what do you think??