Chapter 45

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 45

 

Author

“Seung Jo-ah, I really need to talk to you for a bit.” Ha Ni’s voice was pleading, as she stood in a corridor of the hospital, talking to her husband.

“Listen Ha Ni, I don’t have time right now, there’s a patient I have to attend to. We’ll talk later.” and just like that, he was walking away, once again.

It had been like that for almost a month.

After Mrs. Park’s death, he had literally jumped into his work, neglecting everything and everyone else. Yes, even his family to some extent.

Ha Ni sighed, seeing her husband like that wasn’t doing her any good either…

 

Seung Jo

“Dr. Baek, please report to room 146. Immediately!”

I had just finished my daily rounds in the cancer ward, when the announcement was made.

Room 146? I didn’t remember one of my patients vacating in that room.

The moment I reached my destination, Dr. Son stepped out of it.

“Did you call for me, Dr. Son?” he noticed me only after my question.

“Dr. Baek, yes, yes, there is something I need to speak to you about… It concerns nurse Baek, your wife…” uh-oh. This couldn’t mean any good.

“Is something wrong?” I asked rather carefully.

“Um… you see, nurse Baek is currently in there.” he pointed to room 146, over his shoulder: “Another nurse found her, near the stairs on the second floor. She was unconscious…actually she still is…”

“What?” seeing, as I didn’t react to his words in any other way, he continued: “I suspect, she has been under a lot of stress and you know, as well as I do that, stress and pregnancy are quite the bad mix. It would be good for her, if she takes a few day off and-“ he wasn’t really able to complete his sentence.

Because I cut him off: “Did you just say that, my wife is pregnant?”

To say that, Dr. Son looked taken aback would be an understatement: “Well, she came for a check-up about three weeks ago. I thought you knew.”

I closed my eyes and released a long sigh.

My wife knew for three weeks that she was pregnant and I hadn’t had the faintest idea until a few seconds ago. It was my own stupidity at that!

All the times she had asked me for a few minutes to talk, I had downright rejected her…

The following couple of minutes passed in a kind of daze. I vaguely remembered Dr. Son telling me to take care of Ha Ni once more, before we parted and I went inside the room, to find my wife lying on the bed.

She looked so restless and worn out, it was heart-wrenching. How could I not have noticed her distressed state? It was hardly possible to miss. Had I really been that occupied with my work?

I was a bloody idiot!

Just as I wanted to walk a bit closer to her, a knock on the door stopped me.

 

Author

“Yes?” Seung Jo said.

A man in his mid-sixties poked his head through the entrance, a warm smile on his face: “May I come in Dr. Baek?”

Seung Jo’s face lit up instantly: “Mr. Park! Of course, please come in. How come you’re here?”

The old man entered: “Oh, I was here to pay some belated bills and thought I might pay you and nurse Baek a visit… By the way, is she alright?” he motioned towards Ha Ni behind Seung Jo.

A soft smile took over Seung Jo’s face and he nodded: “I just found out that, she’s pregnant.”

“Really? That’s great news! Congratulations, my boy!” Mr. Park patted Seung Jo’s shoulder: “This one will be your second, right?”

Once again, Seung Jo nodded.

“I remember the first time I met you both, over two years ago, you didn’t even have your first child back then.” for the friction of a second, a sad shadow loomed over the old man’s feature’s but he composed himself quickly: “So Young (Mrs. Park) was so very excited, when nurse Baek told her about her first pregnancy…” he paused, searching for something in his pockets: “These,” he pulled out two small lockets, the Irish claddagh symbol. Love, friendship and loyalty: “are family heirlooms.” he grasped Seung Jo’s left hand and handed him the lockets.

He continued: “My wife wanted you to have these and I fully agree.”

“Mr. Park, I can’t possibly accept something of such great importance. You said so yourself, these are family heirlooms.” Seung Jo reasoned.

“Dr. Baek, as you already know, we lost our two daughters, a long time ago in a car accident. There is nobody left in our family. I insist that, you take them! It was one of So Young’s last wishes that you do.” Mr. Park squeezed Seung Jo’s shoulder: “I have to go now. Convey my best wishes to nurse Baek please and one more thing… You two remind me so much of my wife and me, when we were younger. I hope you take care of her and your family, as best as you can, because one thing I’ve learned is that, you never know, when it comes to life.”

With that, he bid his farewell and was gone.

 

Ha Ni

I awoke to a floating feeling in my head.

I was lying on a bed, in a dark room and I wasn’t alone. There was someone, covering the upper half of my body; nose nestled in the crook of my neck and lips placing small, soft kisses on my shoulder.

My nose was nuzzling the person’s hair, making me breathe in the scent, which I would recognize everywhere and my arms shot up on their own accord, to wrap themselves around the familiar body.

Seung Jo was here!

“You’re finally awake.” he whispered against my skin.

A breathless laugh escaped me and I gave the smallest nod.

Then he said: “You’re pregnant.”

I gasped at that: “How do you know?”

“You fainted, Ha Ni. As for the pregnancy, Dr. Son told me about it. We’re in my office now.” he replied, still kissing me in between the words: “Why didn’t you tell me?”

A dragged out sigh left my mouth: “I wanted to but you never had the time to talk. You worked so much in the past month. I hardly saw you around.”

He lifted his weight off of me, balancing it on his forearms and his eyes peered straight into mine: “You should have bound me to a chair and made me listen to you. I was being completely stupid, which is your task by the way. Where did all of your stupidity go, wifey?”

“Yah!” I swatted his arm playfully.

He laughed shortly and let himself fall back on me slowly: “Just joking, but really, you should have ripped my head off, for being so ignorant and neglecting.”

I hugged him close my body: “How would I have done that? You were so sad… It wasn’t your fault, you know? Mrs. Park’s death, I mean.”

“I guess you’re right.” he murmured: “I missed you.”

The corners of my mouth lifted instantly: “I missed you too and Jae Mi missed her appa.”

He groaned: “I can’t believe I didn’t pay any attention to the both of you. I’ll make it up to you! Something like this is never going to happen again! I promise!”

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” I told him truthfully: “I’m just glad you’re not avoiding me any longer.”

He let out a shaky breath: “Do you actually know just how much I love you?”

My fingers combed through his disheveled hair: “I know.”

Yes, after years of unrequited love and then years of a love-filled marriage, I knew perfectly well. I knew just how much he loved me.

Never had I been so sure of his love for me, as in that particular moment: “And Seung Jo?”

“Hmm?” he hummed into my hair.

“I love you too.” I finished my sentence.

He lifted only his head, this time, eyes twinkling with mirth and an infamous smirk on his lips, he responded: “I know.”

Two simple words. Two simple words that conveyed the faith we both had in our relationship.

Two simple words, before he dipped his head and we kissed, once again…

End of Chapter

 

Hey Guys!

I guess, happens, huh? It's really stupid that AFF crashed but you can't blame anyone except for the human mind, which developed the technology...

So, I'm reposting the last chapter and epilogue.

I don't really care about the chapters, it's more the authohr's notes, which are gone, that's what bugs me!

Anyways, I'll try to recreate them...

So, when I wrote this chapter and posted it here the first time, I really felt like crying, because honestly, last chapter of the first story (duh!) =D

The response I got for this fanfic is amazing and all of you guys simply rock, for READING, SUBSCRIBING AND COMMENTING SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the other annoying thing, all the comments that are gone now. There were over 800 when I finshed this and now like 80 or so are gone and I don't think that they are coming back any time soon.

So I would request to everyone who reads this to comment or comment again, if you already had and it got deleted, would be really nice, since the last few comments for the story seem to be the best...

Once again, the Eun Jo and Min Seol spin-off is on the way, so do not worry!

Well, about this chapter, I promised everyone the ultimate sweetness and some of you might not think of this chapter like that but I do. Because for me at leaset, their conversations are the sweetest and their relationship in mind is just that: SWEET AND SIMPLE!!!

Tell me your opinions and now I'm off to reposting the epilogue!!!

sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes :D

Kamasahamnida!

p.s. (I know you already know...) I Love You ALL <333