Chapter 12

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 12

 

Author

“What? Do you live here now?”, Eun Jo’s voice could be heard in the living room.

“Ani, I-“, the girl was cut off.

“Then why do I have to see you every day? Huh?”, he ranted.

Min Seol didn’t say anything, instead, she looked down, not wanting to face him.

“I told you to stay away from me, I don’t like stupid girls. I mean that.”, Eun Jo stated in a very chilly tone.

“Baek Eun Jo!”, Geum Hee was surprised to see her younger son behaving this way, with a sweet girl, like Min Seol: “Who gave you permission to talk like that to my guests?! I invited her, that’s why she’s here and even if I don’t invite her, she’s always welcome in this house. Arasso?!”

“What’s going on here?”, it was Ha Ni who had just arrived with Seung Jo.

Though it was only late afternoon, Seung Jo didn’t want to stay at the karaoke bar and Ha Ni knew him too well, so they came home earlier than planned.

“Oh, good, you’re back.”, Geum Hee exclaimed.

She then said: “Seung Jo-ah, take your brother out for a while. You two haven’t done anything together for such a long time. Go watch a movie or something.”

“Omeoni, I just came home and what are you talking about, only three days ago we-“, Seung Jo, once again, didn’t have the chance to finish, what he wanted to say.

“Eun Jo-ah, go with your hyung!”, Mrs. Baek shoved both her sons out of the house, closing the door before either of them could come back in.

Ha Ni and Min Seol exchanged an amused glance.

“Finally!”, Geum Hee clapped her hands and turned to the girls standing behind her: “Now that you graduated and those two are out of the house for a while, we have time to plan something for your parents.”

The trio settled down in the living room and completely ignoring Seung Jo’s advice, not to meddle, had a plan set up in no time. This whole thing could turn out to be very interesting.

 

Seung Jo

It was late at night when Eun Jo and I got back home. Despite the fact that mom had thrown us out of the house, it was quite fun to do something with my little brother, even if we did the same things just three days ago…

I entered the bedroom, totally exhausted and found Ha Ni sleeping already.

She was grinning like a fool, maybe a good dream? Who knows?

I only wanted to sleep right now.

I bet those three planned something, while we were gone. I wonder, what it was. They shouldn’t interfere in such things, really…

 

Author

“Vacation?”, everyone shouted?

It was the next day, a Sunday and for a change, not only Min Seol but also her mother was present for lunch, at the Baek House.

“Yes, vacation.”, Geum Hee responded happily: “It’s been so long since we went on one and I thought now would be the perfect time. Ha Ni and Seung Jo will be too busy, once they begin working at the hospital and the Eun Jo has holidays. Oh and Eun Jae-ah, I want you and Min Seol to accompany us.”

“Accompany you? Yah, Geum Hee-ah, how can I do that? I have a restaurant to take care of.”, Eun Jae reasoned.

“Exactly! It’s your restaurant, so it doesn’t matter, if you close it down for a week, right?”, her friend assumed.

“But-“, Eun Jae tried again.

“No buts! It’s decided, we’re leaving tomorrow at 10AM. So everyone has to be ready until then.”, Gem Hee declared.

The other family members didn’t even try to argue, they knew it would have been in vain.

 

Ha Ni

There was only half an hour left, before we had to leave. Mom was checking, if everything was packed, running around, with a lot of stuff and Eun Jo ahjumma trying to keep up with her. I was sitting in the living room, when someone from behind covered my eyes.

Feeling the hands, which were blinding me, I smiled, recognizing the owner in an instant: “Min Seol-ah.”

Min Seol freed my sight and sat down next to me, pouting: “Not fair, unnie! How can you always tell, that it’s me?”

“The two of us have been playing this game, since you were born, I know you too well, you see? Also there’s no other person in this house, who would do that.”, I explained.

She nodded in agreement and looked thoughtful: “Unnie, do you think, it’s going to work?”

I remembered the past few years, in which I had come to know mom: “Mom’s plans never fail to work, even if it takes some time, in the end it actually results the way she wants it.”

Min Seol chuckled: “True, she seems that way…Ah, unnie, I just remembered something, isn’t tomorrow your birthday?”

I nodded.

“Did Seung Jo oppa tell you, what he’s going to give you, as a present?”, she sounded so excited but I couldn’t answer her. I wasn’t even sure, if Seung Jo knew, that tomorrow was my birthday.

“No? What about the presents you’ve received from him? Tell me!”, she was still so excited.

I just stared at her, hoping, that she would realize, what I meant.

“No presents either?!”, bingo!

“Did he at least give you flowers? Even once?”, she pressed on.

I sighed: “Min Seol-ah, you’ve seen Seung Jo, right? He’s not the type to give flowers. He has his own ways of showing his affection, like helping me with my studies, holding my hand in any possible situation…”, or kissing me out of the blue, I added in my mind.

Min Seol didn’t look very pleased with my answer though: “I also know, he cares for you, unnie, I mean anyone can see that but still. Your Birthday comes only once a year. So, why can’t he bring himself to give you a present, or, at the very least, some flowers? That it’s not his style, is not reason enough!”

“It doesn’t matter. I won’t tell him to give me a present. There’s enough he does for me, in his own way. And you shouldn’t worry about such trivial matters.”, I pinched her cheek.

“How about you?”, I asked her before she could spill another question.

“Huh?”, she was confused.

“The day before yesterday, Eun Jo was shouting at you and you didn’t utter a word. That’s not the Min Seol I’m used to.”, though I just wanted to distract her (and me), that was an interesting topic, wasn’t it?

She looked down, avoiding my gaze, her face turning crimson: “It was nothing.”, she said in an almost inaudible voice.

I was about to interrogate her a bit further, when mom announced, it was time to get going.

 

Seung Jo

“Eun Jae-ah, you have to follow with your car. Since we’re going to stay in a hotel, we’re only taking the minivan.”, mom said to her friend. All of us were standing on the road in front of the house, ready to leave.

“My car is still being repaired, I told you yesterday, didn’t I?”, ahjumma’s response caused mom to let out a gasp.

Great planning mom, I thought.

“It’s okay, mom. Ahjumma and Min Seol can ride with you. I’ll take my car instead, at least I know the directions and Ha Ni can come with me, right?”, I looked over to my wife.

“Sure, that’s fine with me.”, she told mom.

After some minutes of fighting for seats, in the car in front of mine, the journey lastly began.

There were still two hours of drive ahead of us and the, usually blabbering, girl next to me had been quiet for the past hour. She had been staring out of the window, watching the passing surroundings, though she seemed out of space.

“How come you’re not talking? You being silent is simply creepy, you know?”, why couldn’t she annoy me, with her chatter, like she always did?

“I thought you like the silence.”, she gave me a smile and continued staring outside.

Of course I liked the silence but the fact, that she was keeping shut, was freaking me out. The most horrible thing in this scenario was, I actually knew, why she was behaving so strange.

I had been passing by the living room, when I had overheard her and Min Seol talking about mom’s plan. I had had no intentions of staying and listening to some more but then Min Seol had mentioned Ha Ni’s birthday.

You see, how this girl affected me? I had never gone around, eavesdropping on people, not before I met her, to clarify.

Anyways, she didn’t complain about me, not giving her any presents or flowers.

Honestly, I hadn’t paid attention to her birthday because, it came every year, that’s why I hadn’t known, that tomorrow was her birthday. And I wouldn’t even have bothered in that moment, if I hadn’t seen that disappointed expression of hers. This silly girl was so emotional, it was hard for her to hide her feelings.

Seeing her disappointed made me feel like a big disappointment. Does that make any sense? I sighed, guess it does.

Hearing me sighing Ha Ni turned to me once again, mustering me with a weird look, from head to toe. Then, that absurdly pretty face of hers broke into that absurdly pretty smile, I loved so much.

Her head came to rest on my shoulder and she said: “You know? I don’t mind talking all day long, if that makes you happy.”

And so she talked and talked and talked, about this and that, nonstop but after an hour doing that she eventually fell asleep.

Why did I feel like a jerk, for never treating her special on her birthday or any other days, for that matter? Oh, right, it’s because I was a jerk! How was she always able to do that? Showering me with so much love, so much attention, wanting me to feel comfortable, all the time, how?

She simply amazed me. Was that the reason I had fallen so hard for her? Who knew? I still couldn’t put a finger on exactly ONE reason, there were too many.

My thoughts kept me occupied throughout the rest of the drive and as if that had not been enough, the only thing I could see were, couples being all lovey-dovey, guys showering girls with gifts. It seemed as if every single couple on this earth had sworn, to make me feel guilty…

End of Chapter

 

Hey my dear readers,

sorry I couldn't update the last two days but here's a bit longer chapter to make up for it.

Also I'm going to update tomorrow, promise!

I like this chapter, especially the end, I always liked to see a suffering Seung Jo (am I a sadist?), if it's because of Ha Ni. This just proves his love for her, in my opinion, at least...

So, Ha Ni's birthday is coming up and we all remember Seung Jo trying to surprise her, right. I always wanted to know, how it would have turned out, if it hadn'd been messed up because of that pregnant (crazy) lady. I mean, seeing the fact that Seung Jo doesn't have a clue about such things, I thought it could be quite interesting... What do you thing about that?

So, you can imagine, what's coming in the next chapter, right?

Anyways, thanks for commenting and subscribing (71 subscribers = *me grinning from ear to ear* :D )

Thanks for all the support!

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. comments are always welcome :)