Chapter 31

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 31

 

Ha Ni

Something was definitely going on with me. I had a suspicion, as I stared at my reflection in the mirror, after rinsing my mouth.

Walking out of the washroom, on the corridors of the hospital, which were almost empty, except for a few nurses, doctors and patients here and there, a destination was set in my mind.

What was I thinking? Suspicion? No, I was quite sure about my current condition. And how could I not be?

I was actually surprised, that nobody else noticed the sudden changes in me, not even Seung Jo. If he had, he hadn’t told me until yet.

So now I was standing in front of the maternal ward. A doctor had to confirm my anticipation.

A female doctor had just finished her examination on her patient, meaning she was my first choice. She walked towards my direction and I stopped her, when she was about to pass me: “Excuse me, Dr. Hong? “

The brunette gave me smile: “Yes, nurse Baek?”

I inhaled deeply before I answered: “I was wondering, if you have some time right now?”

She furrowed her eyebrows and relaxed them again: “Of course, let’s go to my office. Shall we?”

She led me to a room, not far from the ward, closing the door after we entered. She then settled down behind her desk, motioning for me, to take a seat across from her: “So, how can I help you?”

My lips formed a nervous smile: “I would like you to check, if I’m pregnant.”

A warm smile replaced her polite one: “I thought so. You know? The first time I went to the doctor for a pregnancy test, I looked just as nervous as you.”

The woman facing me was in her late thirties and happily married with children, for what I knew.

My head bobbed in a short nod, at her statement.

Yes, I was a nervous wreck and she could sense that. Hey I was about to find out, if I was pregnant or not. What would you expect?

“Did you notice any signs for a pregnancy?”, the interrogation had officially started.

“Pretty much every sign you could have, I guess. I’m having really bad mood-swings for a few weeks and I’m unable to eat any meat. It makes me nauseous. I’m tired most of the time and my head feels dizzy every once in a while.

Today was the first time I threw up and twice on that.”, I listed everything: “Oh and the most important thing. I have been missing my period for about three months.”

She was silent for a minute, as she watched me finish my phrase: “Do actually need a check-up, after all you’ve said? I don’t think it’s necessary.”

“I want to make sure.”, I told her. It would be stupid to tell everyone, if it was a false pregnancy, like last time, when omeoni decided to play doctor.

“I understand.”, Dr. Hong looked at me, comprehension visible in her eyes.

 

Author

It was later that day that Ha Ni was waiting patiently for her husband to complete his shift, so they could go home together. Normally she wouldn’t have waited for four hours for him but she had to tell him something very important, alone.

Seung Jo finally came walking into the locker room, surprised to see his wife sitting on a bench.

“Hey!”, he greeted her with a smile and sat down next to her: “I didn’t think, you’d still be here. Wasn’t your shift over a few hours ago?”

“What? Is it bothersome, if I wait for you?”, she snapped.

Seung Jo was taken aback by her harsh voice but didn’t show it. It was not the first time she had reacted so strange. Lately it happened quite often, to say so. But after their major fight had ended three months ago, he was careful not to upset her.

So instead of replying rudely, like he usually would, he kissed her cheek and got up: “Stay here for a minute. We’ll go home, once I get changed.”

With that he disappeared into the changing room.

Ha Ni cursed under her breath. These mood-swings were really getting on her nerves. She needed to stop being so mad.

 

Ha Ni

Seung Jo was driving quietly. This was the right time. I had to tell him now, or I wouldn’t get the chance at home: “Seung Jo-ah, I’m sorry for snapping at you like that earlier.”

He gave me a sideway glance: “It’s alright.”

“Do you have any idea why I’m so moody lately?”, I asked him.

He was concentrating on the road: “You must be stressed. I’m the same as you, when I’m stressed.”

“Then why do I suddenly like children much more, than I used to?”, that was one big hint for him.

We were near the house now, in a narrow street.

“Simple,”, he replied: “You got a little brother two months ago. Of course you like children more than before.”

And here I had thought that I was the stupid one in this relationship. I smacked my hand on my forehead.

“It’s because I’m pregnant with your child, you idiot!”, I practically yelled at him.

The car came to an immediate halt. It was a good thing that the street was empty, or else we might have caused an accident.

I dreaded to look at my husband but I still did and he was staring blankly at me, shock clearly evident on his face. None of us said anything, so I decided to break the silence: “Seung Jo-ah, say something!”, I pleaded.

Well, instead of saying something, he got out of the car. Seeing him, I followed swiftly.

He was pacing from one side of the car to the other, with me on his heels: “Look Seung Jo! I know we-“, he stopped abruptly, causing me to bump into him, turned around and grabbed my shoulders: “Say it again!”

“Huh?”, what was he talking about?

“Come on, say it again!”, oh that’s what he meant.

“I’m pregnant.”, I repeated in small voice this time.

Seung Jo, without any further words, crushed me to his chest, taking me into a bear hug. That meant he was happy right?

“Thank you.”, he whispered in my ear, before he pulled away, to look at me.

A content grin was dominating his face: “When did find out?”

“Today.”, I told him.

He leaned down, our foreheads pressed against each other, lips only inches apart: “You have no clue, how happy I am.”

Then his mouth brushed gently on mine, giving me a soft, lingering kiss…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

That was a new chapter, just as I promised. 

Well, what do you think? Ha Ni is finally pregnant, that wasn't a secret. I actually wanted more to emphesis the way she told Seung Jo about it, so yeah. How do you like it?

Thanks for your many comments guys. Welcome to the new subscribers and thanks to everyone, who reads my story =)

Kamsahmnida!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes =D

p.p.s. I LOVE YOU <3333