Chapter 18

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 18

 

Author

Flashback: One Month Ago

“We were stubborn, denying the obvious fact, that we do love each other…”, Gi Dong’s voice trailed off, as he looked at the few people facing him. His eyes stopped at his daughter’s sight and she knew, he was talking to her now: “I want you all to be a part of my new-found happiness but I can’t force you.”

Ha Ni stared at the new couple in front of her, she stood up from the couch and spoke to her dad: “Finally! I was worried I’d have to wait another 15 years for you two, to admit your feelings!”

End of Flashback

The small hall, dominated by the colors crème and lavender, was filled with expectant faces. Only the closest friends and family were present. The music started playing and the three bridesmaids came into view, though different in age, each one of them a beautiful female.

Finally it was the bride’s turn to walk down the aisle. She looked stunning, in her knee-length, white dress!

At last, the wedding ceremony began, vows were spoken, rings were exchanged and the kiss of the newly-wedded couple sealed the end. The guests cheered, congratulating the couple, wishing them well for their upcoming future. Ha Ni and Min Seol hugged their parents first and then each other, now they were actually sisters.

It was later that day, at the wedding reception, Eun Jo wandered off by himself, seeking some peace and quiet. Before searching for a nice place to relax, he decided to go to the restroom, however he never got there. On the way there, he came by a large glass wall, exposing the mesmerizing garden behind it.

But it was not the green scenery, which stopped him. It was the now-so-familiar figure, that was standing there, totally lost in its thoughts. Without thinking anything further, he walked outside and in no time, he was standing next to that figure.

“What’s up?”, he asked, instantly cursing himself and his damn curiosity, for coming out here, in the first place.

Min Seol looked at the person, who had startled her with his mere presence again and again, just like today: “I… I was…”, her voice broke and tears escaped from her big, doe-like eyes.

Eun Jo started panicking. Had he said something wrong? No, that was not possible! He had just asked her a simple question, without being harsh this time: “H-Hey, why are you crying? What’s wrong?”, was he stuttering?

“I’m…just so…happy.”, she managed to bring out between her sobs.

He stared at her confused, dumbfounded and somehow amazed.

Happy? She was happy? That’s why she was crying?

He felt like an idiot. Whenever he was genuinely concerned, thinking something bad might have happened to her, he found out, it was the opposite.

She noticed his irritated expression, tried to calm down and explained: “I have a family now! A real family! An unnie, soon another sibling and most of all, I have a father!”, she exclaimed happily.

She continued, seeing his expectant face: “I never had a father, you know? I’ve never seen my real father before. I know, he’s still alive, somewhere out there but, what do I want with a father, who ran for the hills, after finding out that omma was pregnant, with me?”

Again she broke into sobs but this time, her face showed off her anger and sadness. With no control, of what she was saying, she resumed her rant: “That’s not everything. He could have looked for me, contacted me but neither did he ever show up, nor a sign of him…”

Eun Jo, feeling sorrow and sympathy for the kind girl, gave in to his urge and pulled her into a tight hug. In that moment, he didn’t care about their differences. The only thing he wanted was, to console her, make her stop crying.

For some odd reason, he wasn’t able to see her cry. It made him sad, angry, anxious and desperate, all at once.

Min Seol, who had been shocked by his gesture at first, slowly closed her arms around his waist, rested her head on his shoulder and cried her heart out. One of his hands was placed on her back, while the other one soothed her hair.

Both of them stood rooted on that spot, for god knows how long, silent in each other’s embrace, even after Min Seol’s sobs died down.

Comfortable with their proximity, for that time being, at least…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

As you can see, I didn't describe the wedding in full details. Why? Because I think it's boring! Sorry, if I disappointed you. Honestly said, I'm not really into middle-aged couples but I wanted to see Ha Ni's appa happy, so here he is happily married, once again :)

This is more of a Eun Jo-Min Seol chapter, I'm really getting into this couple... Maybe I'm taking things too fast or too slow with the caracters but I can't help it. A scene pops up in my mind and it fits into the story, according to me, so I write it down... 

As for the scene itsefl, what do you think about it? Again it's a short chapter, because I wanted this scene to have chapter of its own, sorry about that.

The next chapter is on its way, I'm writing it currently, hope it doesn't take long!

Thanks for being so patient with me and for all your support. The comments, as always made my day, just like the new subscribers and  all the readers =D

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. Am I wrong, or is this author's note confusing? It seems cofusing to me... If it really is, then sorry but I don't have any idea how to express my feelings, in a different way =)