Chapter 4

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 4

 

Ha Ni

Has there ever been something worse than exams? Studying like a maniac could send you over the edge if you didn’t happen to be a genius and even if you were, you’d still feel out of yourself.

I thanked god as I finished my last paper (hopefully) in university. The exams for the nursing license consisted of one practical and two written tests.

I managed to do pretty well on the written tests but I was so nervous whenever I even thought about the practical part. Just one thought about it brought back those horrible memories from the first time I tried to get into the nursing program. That damn professor! I thought I’d never be able to get her out of my mind.

It was a relief she wasn’t one of the examiners for my second try and an even bigger one that she wasn’t the one who would test me for the nursing license.

The results were going to be out in two weeks and I would start my internship in two and a half months. That’s only if I passed, of course. Well, I really hoped I did.

As I walked out of the examination hall I saw Joo Ri and Min Ah. I smiled while walking towards them. My best friends since kindergarten were always there for me, always supporting me until the very end, even today they were there waiting for me, knowing that I would need some kind of distraction.

“Kwenchana?”, both of them asked in unison when I reached them.

I only nodded and smiled.

“Thank god! Now let’s go eat something, I’m starving. Do know how long we’ve been waiting here?”, Joo Ri started pulling Min Ah and me in the direction of the cafeteria.

That’s right! Dok Go Min Ah had graduated last year and her cartoon about our High School life was one of the most popular cartoons in South Korea now. Even Joo Ri had finished her apprenticeship as a hairdresser successfully. The only one left out of the three of us was me… Aghhh! I had to stop thinking about that stupid exam!!!

We walked to the cafeteria, while chatting about nothing in particular. I hadn’t realized I was hungry until I saw almost everybody with food on trays.

As soon as we sat down at a table I dug in. God, I was starving and didn’t even notice it! My friends watched me in amusement but didn’t say anything. It didn’t take long to finish eating, which was good because Joo Ri and Min Ah were in a hurry.

“Aren’t you coming with us?”, Min Ah asked while gathering her things.

I shook my head: “No, I think I’ll sit here for a while before going home.

Both of them only shrugged and hugged me goodbye.

 

Seung Jo

I walked into the cafeteria with some of my classmates. We had just finished our last paper for the final exams. I knew perfectly well that I was going to be first again. For the past two months I had been helping Ha Ni with her studies and, although unintentionally, she had forced me to study that way too. So was it possible for me not to be first when I had studied for two months straight? No, it wasn’t.

We were waiting for our food in the line, when I looked around I discovered a very familiar figure across the room at an empty table.

“Isn’t that your wife?”, Il Hyun’s voice pulled me back to reality. It seemed as if all my comrades had followed my gaze. I nodded and gave the lunch lady some cash.

“Can you guys go ahead I just-“, Il Hyun cut me off: “It’s okay man. Take your time, none of us is going to disturb you.”, he said with a knowing grin on his face.

Il Hyun was one of my few good friends. I knew him since Middle School and in High School he used to be in the class as me. University parted our ways but for some unknown reason he decided to transfer to Parang University (also the medical department). I thought he’d be surprised the first time I told him about my marriage with Ha Ni, however he wasn’t. He only said something like: “I knew you’d end up like this. It was bound to happen buddy.”

He really said that and if you believe it or not, he also said there was no better person for me than Ha Ni. Still deep in thoughts, I reached the table where Ha Ni was seated. I sat down next to her and started eating, shaking my head in disbelief. That silly girl! I would never understand how she was able to fall asleep at such inappropriate places. I remembered the second time I kissed her while she was asleep on a bench, in the woods. That memory made me want to kiss her again, right now. Good thing I had so much self-control, I wasn’t really a fan of public display and neither was she.

She must have been really tired. Why didn’t she just go home after her test? That idiot! Her head was resting on her forearms, she looked so peaceful and as much as I wanted her to rest a bit, I needed to get her out of here first.

Shaking her shoulders softly, I tried to wake her up. She stirred a bit and finally opened her eyes: “Seung Jo-ah, what are you doing here?”, she said and covered while yawning.

“Pabo! Shouldn’t I be asking that question? You’re the one falling asleep at whatever place you wish.”, I scolded her.

“Mianae, I was just so tired.”, she said sheepishly.

“Whatever… Let’s get out of here. This school is suffocating me.”, It was true, exams were over and except for the graduation in three weeks, today was the last day of college, which had officially ended when I had handed my paper in.

I took Ha Ni’s hand and dragged her to the parking lot.

We sat in the car for a few minutes, quiet, not knowing what to do now until I decided to break the silence: “How was your practical examination?”

I remembered how nervous she always got when it came down the practical parts.

“It was…fine.”, she merely responded. Again silence.

“Don’t you want to know how I did?”, because usually she did.

She gazed deep into my eyes, as if searching for something and then broke into a smile: “I didn’t ask because I already know. Remember what you always tell me, when you take an exam after studying with me?”

I watched her in anticipation: “I studied. How could I possibly not get full marks?”, she imitated my voice.

I tried to suppress a laugh: “I think we should head home now.”

As the car started moving Ha Ni started fidgeting with her hands: “Umm, Seung Jo-ah?”

“What?”

“I don’t really feel like going home right now.”, well, neither was I.

“But I thought you were tired?”, I asked.

“Not anymore. The nap just now was really helpful.”, she stated.

I considered that for a moment: “So, where do you want to go?”

“Are she serious? Can we really?”, she had changed her mood from sleepy to excited in seconds.

“Sure.”, I smiled.

As much as I hated giving in to her I couldn’t help but do what she pleaded for.

I wasn’t denying it anymore, I had figured that out the moment we decided for a place for our honeymoon. But she didn’t have to know that, now did she?

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys! Okay so I realized that a week is long time and I promise to update the next chaper as soon as possible.

But this week was really fill of stress. Not only school but also the fact that my sister-in-law gave birth and honestly the past two days I've been so busy adoring my nephew's cute little face that I totally forgot to update (really sorry for that).

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. I know it's not all cute and romantic but I also figured that I need to show their every-day-life. So yeah, here it is.

Well, I'm going to introduce two new characters in the next chapter. I appologize for any spelling and grammer mistakes.

And again thank you so much for all those encouraging comments you guys left. Plus I'm so happy because I'm gaining subscribers every day.

Kamshamnida!