Chapter 22

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 22

 

Seung Jo

“Groceries? Mom, it’s my day off. I don’t want to! Ha Ni is going, so why should I? She can do groceries by herself, she’s not a little baby.”, I told my mother.

She was tapping her foot impatiently: “Baek Seung Jo, I know that she is able to do groceries. What I’m saying is, there will be too much to carry for her and she can’t even take the car, because she can’t drive. Besides, she just came home from her shift. It’s not nice, if you let her go alone!”

My mother was right but: “Why don’t you go with her?”

She grimaced: “Didn’t I just tell you, that Eun Jae and I are going to our High School reunion?”

Right, I remembered her saying something like that: “Fine, I’ll go. Let me get ready!”

“Do me a favor and take your brother and Min Seol with you.”, her features revealed a little irritation.

“Whae?”, was this supposed to be some kind of family outing? I bet, if abeoji and dad didn’t have to work, she would insist on those two going too.

“I don’t want them to be alone; they’ll probably kill each other. It’s the first time in two weeks, that Min Seol is here again and ever since she entered the house, Eun Jo and her have been exchanging those death glares. I don’t know, what’s going on but I’m going to find out, as soon as possible.”

“Isn’t this all your doing, again?”, I asked her.

“What are talking about?”, she was acting innocent once again.

I remembered the incidents from two weeks ago: “Those two were fighting when they got home, two weeks ago. Min Seol mentioned a poster, which had affected both of them. It was one of yours again, wasn’t it? You caused enough harm to Ha Ni and me with your plans. Did you really have to do the same thing to them, as well?”, I felt really sorry, for my little brother. I didn’t want him, to go through the same torture, as me, the same for Min Seol, of course.

“Baek Seung Jo!”, now she was angry: “I didn’t put any poster of those two up! I didn’t even take any pictures of them! Why are you accusing me like? And one more thing, my plans always work out, they did with you and Ha Ni.”, with that, she her heal and went downstairs.

I heard, how she told Ha Ni about the arrangements for today and left. That’s when I went downstairs myself. I knew, mom was telling the truth, when she said, that it wasn’t her, because usually she likes to brag about such things, even in front of me.

So if it hadn’t been her, then who?

 

Author

The drive to the supermarket would have been very awkward, if not for Ha Ni’s constant effort, to keep a conversation. She, too, had noticed the sudden change in her little sister and brother-in-law. Their cute little fights and bickering had turned into something far more serious.

Fortunately, Seung Jo helped her in keeping the conversation. He really wasn’t in the mood for heavy silence.

The two teenagers in the backseat were not bothering themselves with words. They kept staring outside the window, their backs facing each other. Even at the supermarket, as Ha Ni and Seung Jo picked the things, to buy, Eun Jo and Min Seol walked ahead, silently.

Suddenly, Seung Jo popped a question, to his wife, out of the blue: “Did you put up the poster?”

Ha Ni stopped in her tracks, eyes wide. Her features slowly turned into a scowl, half smiling, her head shaking in disbelieve: “Seung Jo-ah, I may be stupid but I’m not an idiot!”

Min Seol had told her older sister about the incident, from two weeks ago.

A poster, with various pictures of her and Eun Jo doing different things (walking to school, eating together, talking to each other, etc.), had been hung on the black board of their school.

She continued: “I know, mom had good intentions, when she put up those posters with our photos but I also remember the stupid rumors going around. And all those people glaring and laughing at me were no joke either…”

 

Seung Jo

Okay, I admitted it. That had been a ridiculous accusation. I knew Ha Ni would never do such a thing, so why did I even ask?

And why did I feel so guilty? Alright, I knew the answer to that: I had been, was and most probably, would always be a jerk towards her.

“L-Look, I didn’t mean it. I was just worried about Eun Jo and Min Seol.”, did I just stutter? I never stutter!

She held her hand up, to stop me from saying anything further: “No, it’s okay. I’m also worried about them.”, her head turned and she looked at our siblings, who were out of hearing range, by now. I mimicked her gesture.

“Oh, Ha Ni-ah, it’s you!”, oh, please no! I knew that voice just too well…

Ha Ni followed the direction of the voice: “Joon Gu-ah, hey!”

I nodded, as he greeted me

She looked over his shoulder: “Where’s Chris?”

“She must be here somewhere.”, he answered, looking around: “Ah, there she is!”

Chris came running towards us, three big shoppers in her hands “Ha Ni-ah, Seung Jo-ah, you are also here!”, a big smile was plastered on her face: “Joon Gu-ah, have you invited them already?”

Joon Go shook his head.

“Invited to what?”, Ha Ni wanted to know.

Chris held her left hand up, for us to see… an engagement ring (?): “He proposed to me and a week ago, he asked my parents for their blessings.”

So he finally had had the guts to ask her, huh? I smirked at him and tuned the rest of the conversation out. Some boring stuff, Chris feeling totally blissful, Joon Gu feeling totally embarrassed and Ha Ni feeling totally excited…

 

Ha Ni

What a day! This was definitely one, which I would never forget.

Joon Gu and Chris were planning their upcoming wedding. I wondered, how many weddings I would have to attend in the following few months?

The other thing I wouldn’t forget about this day was, the cold atmosphere around Eun Jo and Min Seol. It had been two weeks, for god’s sake! How long would they keep up, with this cold war? The even bigger question was: Who made that damn poster?!

I sighed, closing my eyes and rested my head against the headboard of the bed.

I don’t know how long I sat there, calming myself but after some time I heard footsteps and in the next moment, I felt my body being shifted. My eyes shot open and I saw Seung Jo, who was in the process of tucking me in.

“I thought, you fell asleep.”, he whispered. His face was so close to mine, that I could feel his warm breath.

I slightly shook my head.

He smiled in response and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

“You smell so good.”, it was only a mutter from his lips. He inhaled deeply, as half of his body covered mine.

I closed my eyes once again and wrapped my hands around his neck, while one of his encircled my waist.

Hmm, that sure felt nice…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Alright, so first thing's first: As you surely noticed, I'm an irregular updater and I'm afraid I can't change that habit of mine...

I will still post at least one chapter per week, maybe more but I can't promise anything, because I'm really busy with school and studies. But again, one chapter per week is for sure!

About this chapter? Mostly about Eun Jo's and Min Seol's fight. As I said, I'm going to stable their relationship before the plot thickens in a two three chapters.

The Joon Gu and Chris bit was for Lady_Time and all the other fans of that couple. It's not much but I hope, It's enough, if not, then let me know.

As for the last hyunmin scene, I will give them these little moments now and then in the chapters before the story becomes more serious but don't run away from this because my stories always have a happy ending, just like this story will do...

Well, one more thing: I didn't plan on putting this chapter up today but then something happened and I thought it would be a nice treat for you and me to celebrate. The occasion? I have a HUNDRED subscribers by now!!! It may not seem a big number to many of you but for me it is something very special :D

So, once again I'll say, thank you sooo much for commenting, subscribing and supporting me and my story constantly. You guys are great and I love every single one of my readers!!!!!!! <333

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes =) / Oh and how do you like the poster for this story? Is it alright?