Chapter 32

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 32

 

Author

“Aaahhhhh!”, a scream, loud enough to burst a person’s ears, left the mouths of Geum Hee, Eun Jae and Min Seol. The three of them jumped up from their seats around the table and threw their arms around Ha Ni. Her and Seung Jo had just announced her pregnancy.

Gi Dong and Soo Chong congratulated the couple, with big smiles plastered on their faces. Eun Jo was seemingly too stunned by the news of becoming an uncle that he didn’t say a word. He only stared at his older brother and sister-in-law, until Min Seol nudged him.

“What?”, he asked startled.

“Aren’t you going to say something?”, Min Seol whispered.

“Right! Hyung, Ha Ni hyung-soo, congratulations!”, he said out loud.

Ha Ni and Seung Jo turned to him in surprise. Neither of them had expected any words form him, at least not now.

Seung Jo was the first one to speak again: “Thanks. To you too, you’re going to be an uncle.”

Eun Jo nodded; reality still hadn’t sunk in fully.

“And I’m going to be an aunt!”, Min Seol announced contently.

Everyone laughed at the girl’s enthusiasm.

 

Seung Jo

It had been three days since Ha Ni had told me that she was pregnant. She was already in her fourth month. No wonder, she was being moody all the time. Everything made sense now. Mom and Eun Jae ahjumma had started shopping instantly for the baby. Baby… my baby… our baby. What a strange thing to say. I was going to be a father. A little human being was going to call me appa in the future.

Ha Ni was happier than she had ever been. There was also this strange glow on her face, which made her seem even more beautiful, than she already was. She had no idea, how incredibly complete she made me. She ought to get something for that.

All these things crossed my mind, as I drove home. I passed by jewelry shop and an idea struck me.

Half an hour later, I entered the house. It was half past ten in the morning and Ha Ni had her day off. She should have been asleep at that time.

The rummaging in the kitchen distracted me and I went there, to greet mom. She was preparing cookie dough, I guessed. After drinking a glass of water, I asked her: “Is Ha Ni still sleeping?”

“I don’t think so.”, her reply sounded rather amused: “She came down, a while ago, saying that she was hungry.”, she pointed to a plate with a pile of food on it: “She cooked something but didn’t even touch it, in the end.”

She chuckled lightly: “That child of yours is quite something, huh?”

I only nodded; a hint of a smile at the corner of my lips. When I started to turn away, she stopped me: “Do me a favor and take the food with you.”, she handed me the plate: “Ha Ni needs to eat in this condition, even if she doesn’t want to.”

Entering the bedroom, I noticed my wife sitting at the table. A pencil was in her hand, a large book opened in front of her and a huge amount of color pencils and markers scattered around it.

She was drawing.

I set the plate on the table, sat down next to her and kissed her cheek.

“Hey!”, she beamed at me and gave me a peck on the lips: “You’re early today.”

“There wasn’t much to do, in the hospital.”, I informed her: “What are you doing anyways?”

“Well, since omeoni and omma wanted to prepare the nursery, I thought that I should do something else. I decided to make picture book.”, she paused for a while, looking as if she was the most excited person on earth: “It feels nice, you know? It’s been a while since I last had the time to draw.”

Of course, I remembered that she was interested in arts and she was right. It had been a while since I last saw her drawing.

The colorful images on the opened pages reminded me that she DID have some talent. At least she had more talent than me, in this area: “It looks good!”

“Really?”, she began sketching some lines on the blank paper spots but I grabbed the pencil from her hand: “Draw later!”

She gave me a confused look, so I explained further: “You need to eat first.”, I pointed at the plate on the table.

Her lips formed a pout: But I’m not hungry!”, she complained.

“Ha Ni-ah, don’t make me force you!”, I warned in a stern tone.

“Fine!”, she snapped: “Don’t blame me, if I end up throwing up all over you!”

I closed the book, put it to a side and shoved the plate to her: “Just eat!”

 

Author

Seung Jo watched Ha Ni eat, while he flipped through the filled pages of the book, occasionally taking a bite himself.

When she finished her meal, he pulled her up on her feet and positioned her in front of the full-length mirror: “Stay here.”

He went to grab his bag from the bed and took a small, beige paper bag out of it, approaching her.

“What’s that?”, she asked him, as he stood behind her and held the paper bag, for her to take.

He saw that she wasn’t making any move, to open it, so he did it himself, revealing a black velvet pouch.

His fingers slid inside it and pulled something out.

Ha Ni’s face lit up, the moment her eyes discovered the beautiful, golden pendant. It was oval in shape and had indescribable ornaments on it.

“You can open it.”, Seung Jo said, while she examined the piece of jewelry. Listening to this information, she opened it. What she saw left her nearly breathless. The right side was a little frame for a small picture but the left side was, which made her feel warmth and happiness. Three magical words were engraved on it: I love you

Seung Jo took the pendant out of her hands and closed it around her neck. Then he wrapped his arms around her, still slim, body and rested his head on her shoulder: “I know, I don’t say it often enough but you have to know that I love you very much.”, he rubbed a hand on her belly: “The same goes for our child.”

“I love you too.”, she whispered and stared at their reflection in the mirror. They truly looked like loving couple. Anyone could have seen that.

“Hey! Should I say a really cheesy and filmy line?”, he asked, after some time.

Ha Ni nodded in agreement.

He nestled into her neck: “Do you know? You are the one and only person in this world, that can make me feel so complete.”, he voiced his thoughts from earlier and more: “At moments like this, I wish that time would come to a still-stand, so I could savor this instant forever.”, he paused: “But then… If that would happen, we would never be able to see our baby and other such moments, which are still to come.”

She listened, as he finished talking and smiled, like a little child: “That really was cheesy and filmy.”

He grinned at her reflection: "I told you so but hey! It’s true…”

End of Chapter

 

Hey my dear readers!

This is the second uodate in one days, so please don't expect a chapter tomorrow, because I'm not sure, if I can do that... =)

Well, this chapter is mostly fluff. Seung Jo changed, didn't he? He's still going to be stoic most of the time but he tries to behave with Ha Ni now after their fight and the pregnancy. That's good, right? Oh man, that guy will go through a lot during the prgnancy! Only thinking about it has me laughing LOL

Tell me your opinion about this chapter! I know I say it a lot but I really am very curious about your reactions and opinions.

I'm telling you guys once again, if you have any requests, questions or critique to the story, don't hesitate and say/ask it! I don't bite :D

Thanks for all the comments you guys leave after every chapter. It amazes me every time!

Also thanks for reading, subscribing and supporting me =)

By the way, sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes :)

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. as always guys, I LOVE YOU <3