Chapter 38

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 38

 

Seung Jo

I had always known that having my own office in the hospital, would be a good thing but after today it wasn’t just good anymore, no, it was great!

And the couch, which was big enough to be a bed, was definitely a plus point.

A stupid, content grin was stretched across my face, as I lay on it, with Ha Ni in my arms. It had been a while since we had some time for us alone. I was starting to think of the snowstorm, as more of a blessing than a curse, though I did miss the rest of my family, somewhere back in a corner of my mind.

“Thanks.”, the word escaped my mouth, before I could think about it.

Ha Ni lifted her head off my chest, to look at me: “For what?”

Well, obviously, for giving one of the best Christmas presents ever, I would have said that but I knew she would be embarrassed, if I did, so instead I said: “Nothing in particular.”

“Oh.”, she nodded her head, as if she understood what I meant but the word ‘confusion’ was written, all over her face, in capital letters.

She looked cute.

“Seung Jo-ah?”, oh, I knew that tone, she only used it, when she wanted something.

“Hm?”, I answered casually.

“Um, you know, I wanted to ask you something?”, yes, she definitely wanted something.

“Ask what?”, I played along with her little plan.

“Can we play something?”, aha!

“No.”, my reply was curt as ever. There was no way I, was playing a stupid game with her. They always ended badly, mostly for me.

“Come on! Please!”, she was practically begging me, that also mostly ended bad for me.

“What kind of game?”, it didn’t hurt to ask.

“Only Q and A.”, she told me.

That sounded familiar: “How do you play it?”

“Really simple,”, she began explaining: “We ask each other questions in turns and have to answer truthfully, to what we’re asked.”

No wonder, I couldn’t remember this game, I didn’t WANT to remember it. There were some really embarrassing memories shoved in the back of my mind, which were connected to this very game.

Just as I was about to say no again, I saw that sad-puppy-look on her face.

“Okay.”, I sighed. Why was it so hard to say no to her?

“Great, I’ll start!”, She sat up and turned to face me, her eyes alight with excitement. Right, this was the reason, I couldn’t say no to her. And at that moment, I admitted it, to myself; once again, I was whipped, really whipped.

Her first question was: “Did you get me a gift for Christmas?”

I was still lying, staring at her pretty face above me: “I did but it’s at home.”

This was something, I had learned in the past three years of our marriage; never forget to get your wife a gift, on special occasions.

My present was already seen by me, the new jacket was hidden in between a pile of clothes, in our closet, which wasn’t a bad hiding-spot at all, only if I hadn’t been searching a shirt, her surprise wouldn’t have been ruined.

“So, it’s my turn now?”, I made sure.

She nodded.

One of my hands engulfed one of hers, a sly grin making its way to my face: “Would you want to repeat, what happened a while ago?”

There it was again, that amazing blush that had me captivated every, single time, it appeared on her face.

She swatted my chest with her free hand: “Jerk.”, she mumbled.

I tugged at her hand, forcing her closer to me: “You didn’t answer me.”, I pointed out.

Her head bobbed in a curt nod, her skin turning a darker shade of red.

“Good.”, I pulled her down completely and placed a quick peck on her lips: “Your turn, Mrs. Baek.”

As she entangled herself from my arms, I kept my hold on her hand.

She pursed her lips, when she sat back up, looking a hint of nervous.

“There is something, I wanted to ask you for a long time now.”, oh-oh, somehow I already regretted even starting this game.

“The second time, you kissed me in the woods… why did you do it?”, I knew it!

This was another reason, why I couldn’t stand this game and another reason, why my brother needed to shut up sometimes. If Eun Jo hadn’t told her anything about that morning, then a lot of unnecessary and embarrassing situations could have been avoided. I was hoping for the day, where he would finally kiss Min Seol, to come as fast as possible, because honestly said, I wasn’t the only one who had fallen for a class seven student. I prayed to god, that due to some miracle, I would be able to witness him kissing her.

Blackmail material against siblings always came in handy.

“Do we really have to discuss this?”, wow, my voice sounded pathetically desperate, even to my own ears.

It looked like she didn’t care, about my desperation, though.

“Yes we do.”, where did all that confidence come from, now?

I groaned in defeat, before I started talking, slowly: “I guess, I was relieved, relieved that you and Eun Jo were safe and not eaten up by some crazy animal and yeah, it’s hard to explain for me, Ha Ni.”, I paused: “Now, can we stop playing this? I don’t like it one bit.”

At that moment, I felt like a little kid again, struggling against a younger version of my mother.

This was, when she shot me a smile, a smile that never failed to remind me, why I was so deeply in love with my wife, so deeply in love with her, that I couldn’t imagine my life without her, not even, when I was pretending to detest her.

She lowered herself on me again, pressing her soft, plump lips on mine.

Yes, I was definitely, very, deeply in love with Baek Ha Ni…

End of Chapter

 

Hey people!

Sorry but no in this chapter, I just wanted some fluff =)

By the way, merry belated christmas and a happy new year! As I said in the last chapter, you can read my excuse later =D

And guys, seriously, I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Thanks for hanging on to my story and supporting me so much the past few months :)