Chapter 33

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 33

 

Seung Jo

“Seung Jo-ah, Seung Jo-ah~”, ugh! Who, the hell, was this?

“Seung Jo-ah, wake up!”, someone was shaking me.

“What?”, my voice was so hoarse, I couldn’t even recognize it myself.

“Watermelon~”, what?!

“Watermelon?”, I repeated.

“I want to eat watermelon.”, of course, it was Ha Ni.

I rubbed my eyes and forced them open. The clock at my bedside table read 3:43 AM. Sitting up, my back rested against the head board, I turned to her: “Ha Ni-ah, it’s the middle of the night. Where am I supposed to get you watermelon, at a time like this?”

“But I’m hungry!”, naturally she was. She was in her seventh for god’s sake but still!

I yawned: “It’s not even the season for watermelon.”

“But I-“, I cut her off: “I can’t get you watermelon, Ha Ni. How about something else? Something spicy, right?”

She shook her head: “I want something sweet.”

“Got it.”, with these words, I got up from the bed and went downstairs.

Watermelon? When had she started craving for watermelon, or sweet things for that matter? She wanted spicy things, most of the time. Oh, right! There was one sweet thing, she ate without hesitation: “Salad sandwich… with chocolate crème…

Pregnant women and their cravings, I would never be able to understand them.

I mean, salad with chocolate crème… honestly, who, in their right state of minds, would eat something like that?

Exactly, nobody!

Then again, pregnant women were, almost never, in their right state of minds.

The sandwich, ready to be eaten, in my hands, I went back to the bedroom. I handed her the plate, as she beamed at me, then I lied down on the bed and tucked the blanket over my head.

“What are you doing?”, Ha Ni asked.

“Sleeping.”, I was in desperate need of some sleep, seriously.

“You can’t go to sleep just yet!”, she whined and removed the blanket from me.

I sighed: “Why?”

“Because I’m not the least bit sleepy.”, she declared.

“Look, I’ve got to go to work in five hours.”, I tried to reason with her, which hadn’t worked, because she retorted: “So do I.”, she paused: “Well, okay, maybe you should sleep. Sorry for disturbing you.”

Thank god: “It’s alright!”

Just as I was about to pull the blanket up again, she spoke: “But we still haven’t decided on a name.”

“Can’t we do that tomorrow?”, please!

“You always say that!”, she pouted.

 

Author

Seung Jo sat up abruptly and leaned his head on Ha Ni’s growing baby bump: “Baby, your omma is torturing me. Please, tell her to stop!”

“Yah!”, Ha Ni snapped.

“Okay, okay, let’s decide now. You’ll let me sleep after that, right?”, he made sure.

She nodded excitedly.

“So, have you thought of something?”, he started.

She opened , as if to say something but remained silent. So, she hadn’t even started to think about it herself.

He let out a resigned breath: “Not even a single idea, Ha Ni?”

“Actually, I do but I don’t know, if you’ll like it.”, she mumbled.

“Just tell me!”, he pressed.

She hesitated, fidgeting with her fingers, while he grew impatient: “I’m growing old here.”

“Baek Jae Mi.”, she finally blurted out.

Seung Jo stared at her: “That’s your…”.

“…mom’s name.”, Ha Ni  completed.

He raised his eyebrows in confusion: “Why would I have anything against that name?”

“I don’t know. I just…”, her voice trailed off.

He smiled at her: "Baek Jae Mi… sounds good.”

All of a sudden, Ha Ni clutched his hand and placed it on her belly: “She’s moving.”

His smile grew wider: “It seems that our daughter likes her name… Can we go to sleep now? Please?”

She looked sheepishly at him.

“What?”, he wanted to know.

She laughed nervously: “I’m still hungry.”

“Ugh!”, he groaned and got up again…

 

TWO MONTHS LATER

“Ha Ni, turn the volume down! I’m trying to sleep here.”, Seung Jo said, as he laid on the couch, in their room.

She stuffed some chips in : “It is down.”

“Mute it!”, he suggested.

“It’s no fun, to watch TV without any sounds.”, she countered.

“Then turn the damn thing off!”, he burst out.

She blinked a few times, at his reaction, before tears started rolling down her cheeks and she began sobbing.

His closed eyes shot open from the noises she was making and he cursed himself, for losing his patience, once again. He felt helpless, whenever she started crying and this time was not different.

“I’m so sorry!”, she hiccupped: “You work so hard every day and I’m so bad that I don’t even let you rest for a bit.”, her sobbing increased.

He made his way to her and tried frantically, to brush her tears away: “Please, don’t cry! I’m sorry, okay?”, he picked the remote control up and pushed the volume-up button, a few times: “Here, you can watch TV, as loud as you want, just don’t cry! Please!”, he pleaded.

“I’m sorry.”, Ha Ni repeated her words, still crying.

“Stop apologizing, Ha Ni! You work also very hard.”, he looked her up and down: “It’s another thing that you can’t work in this condition, though.”, he muttered, more to himself than her.

She was currently in her ninth month of pregnancy, the last one. The doctor had set the date, two weeks from now. Geum Hee and Eun Jae had bought a whole lot of clothes and toys, so much that the house seemed to burst out of all corners. Even Eun Jo was happily buying toys with Min Seol, for their on-the-way niece.

Seung Jo was sure, if Kyu Shin would have been old enough, he would have bought some too. It was a good thing that the little guy was hardly eight months old.

Thinking about his baby brother-in-law, an idea struck him: “Hey, Kyu Shin is downstairs with Eun Jo and Min Seol. I’ll go get him, okay?”

This was always the best way, to calm her down.

That did the trick, this time too. Her sobs died down and she looked at her husband, who was leaving the room, with expectant eyes.

He came back, after some minutes, a cute, little dark-haired boy in his arms. Kyu Shin squirmed around, as soon as he sighted his big sister. He wanted her to carry him, Seung Jo noticed: “Kyu Shin-ah, noona can’t carry you right now.”, he said and went to sit on the bed, where she was. He placed Kyu Shin between him and Ha Ni.

The infant gazed from Seung Jo to Ha Ni, back and forth, his huge brown eyes, taking their sight in, in the most innocent way. Then he clapped his dimpled hands, while showing his toothless smile, causing the couple to laugh in contentment…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

As I told you in the last author's note, Seung Jo is back to his old self but still nice enough, in my opinion... :)

This chapter explains itself I think, tell me if you have any questions :D

Thanks for commenting, subscribing, reading and supporting.

Sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes! =) 

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. I LOVE YOU <3

p.p.s. the next chapter will be up in one or two days, so no long wait =D