Chapter 42

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 42

 

Seung Jo

“I can’t believe, we’re really going.”, that was the tenth time Ha Ni had said that.

At last, I turned to her: “You should start believing then. We’re sitting in a plane.”

Actually, I had been wondering too how mom had managed to send us away again…

 

Flashback

“A second honeymoon? Mother, you’ve gone officially insane.”, omeoni had just told us what those plane tickets were for.

“Mind your language son!”, she scolded me.

I sighed: “I’m sorry but you do realize that we have to work the next week and it won’t be possible to get off work on such short not-“

True to her usual style, she cut me off, once again: “That has already been taken care of.”

My eyes averted to Ha Ni, she looked highly doubtful, fidgeting with the tickets in her hands.

“Alright, we’ll go then.”, the words were out, before I could think of it.

Ha Ni’s head shot up to look at me in surprise, her eyebrows arched.

I turned to omeoni again: “We’ll go… but only if none of you follow us this time.”

Omeoni began laughing nervously, waiving with her hand, as if shooing something away: “Why would I ever do that? Of course you two will go alone.”

“We can’t go!”, my wife exclaimed suddenly, her eyes following our daughter, who was running after Kyu Shin on her chubby legs and with little pigtails bouncing up and down on her head: “What about Jae Mi?”

“What about her?”, asked Min Seol from across the room. She was seated beside my brother, like always.

“Well, we can’t leave her alone.”, Ha Ni reasoned and she was actually right. We couldn’t leave our one and a half year old daughter for a whole week.

“Ha Ni-ah.”, Eun Jae ahjumma spoke for the first time today: “You know, there are many benefits of having a big family… We can take care of Jae Mi. She’ll be fine with us. It’s only a week.”

“Omma is right.”, Min Seol spoke again: “At least one person will always be at home to look after her. And honestly, you two work so hard every day, you really need a little bit of rest.”

And Min Seol was right too. It had been a while since we had had some time for us, without work, without family, just us. Oh well, why not?

I raised my eyebrows at my wife, silently asking if she wanted to go. She nodded, a bit hesitant though, but she did.

“We’ll go but omeoni I’m telling you again, don’t follow us! Please!”, these were my last words to my mother, before she shooed us upstairs and told us to start packing.

End of Flashback

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you all to Jeju Island. The current temperature is 25°C. We will be landing in a few minutes. Please put your seatbelts on. The crew of the Korean Airline wishes you a pleasant and joyful stay.”, the captain’s announcement snapped me out of my thoughts, that and Ha Ni’s hand, which was clutching my arm for dear life. Her eyes were shut tightly and her breathing had become shallow.

I let my free hand rest on top of hers: “Ha Ni-ah, open your eyes.”

She shook her head furiously but her eyes remained close.

I sighed: “Yah Oh Ha Ni! Open your eyes and look at me!”

Slowly, her eyes opened and she looked at me. I could swear I saw unshed tears.

“It’s Baek Ha Ni.”, she whispered.

“I know.”, my voice softened a bit: “Now listen to what I say. Take deep breaths and don’t look anywhere else except my eyes, arasso?”

Her head bobbed in a curt nod.

A few moments passed by and Ha Ni’s breathing went back to normal. She didn’t even notice the landing of the plane.

The thing was that well… neither did I.

It seemed that I also lost myself, while trying to calm my wife.

Only when I heard a loud cough did I notice the middle-aged airhostess, standing in the aisle, next to our seats.

She smiled bemused at us: “Newlyweds are always such a pleasant sight.”

Ha Ni blushed instantly and laughed nervously: “I think your mistaken madam. We’re not really newlyweds. We’ve actually been married for four years.”

“Oh dear! Is that so?”, she asked: “Well, you certainly look like newlyweds to me. Enjoy your stay.”

She smiled one last time, her amusement clearly visible and then she was gone.

“That was…”

“…embarrassing.”, I finished Ha Ni’s sentence.

She closed her eyes once again, chuckling lightly and I couldn’t help but join in.

One of her hands was still in mine, tugging at it softly, I ushered her to stand up and did the same: “C’mon, let’s go and get our luggage, or else we’ll end up spending the entire week in this plane.”

“Yeah, let’s go.”, she said and pulled me along with her…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Before you start throwing, the first thing you get in your hands, at me, please read first!

I'm really really sorry for not updating in such a long time, a month I think... First there were exams, then life got in my way and then I wanted to update more than a week ago but my laptop crashed and I couldn't really update from the school computers, so please forgive me!!! =)

By the way, I wanted to thank you guys for all the good luck wishes for my exams and it's been so long that even my results are out by now.

I know I will sound like the arrogant Baek Seung Jo now but I'll still say it: I passed every single paper except maths with an A or A+. You guys have no idea how happy I was when I got the results yesterday!!! :D

Now about the chapter, I know this one is very short but I'm almost halfway through the next chapter and there's a good news. The story will not end in the next chapter, as I had said before. No, there are still two or three more chapters and an epilogue to come.

The next thing is that you guys have voted for "Losing To You" as the title for the Eun Jo&Min Seol spin-off, which I will be posting after "Special Kiss" is finished...

And I have even more infos for you: I have already started on the first chapter of my next story with the HYUNMIN couple as one of the lead couples. The story will be in the Boys Over Flowers univers but I will be exchanging Yoon Ji Hoo with the arrogant Beak Seung Jo from PK and he will have a shy and nerdy Oh Ha Ni to deal with, who has no verbal filter when she starts talking, because honestly guys... I hate love-triangles! That's why I liked Yi Jung&Ga Eul's story in BOF more than the main plot with all of the Jan Di, Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo drama...

There will be four couple and the story is going to be a tiny bit cliché but with a lot of unpredictable and orginal things too and of course, we can't forgt the , when there will be four couple in their youths!!! =)

So, that was a VERY LONG author's note... Well, as always I want to thank you guys for reading, subscribing, commenting and supporting me! I am amazed that my readers are still with me and even more amazed that I'm gaining even more day by day!!!

I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes =D

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. I love you guys and you know that!!! <333