Chapter 21

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 21

 

Ha Ni

6AM. I sighed, it was time to go to work. Still half asleep, I dragged my feet to the washroom. Even the cold shower wasn’t able to wake me up completely. Nothing could do that. I had hardly slept three hours, at the most. Back in the bedroom, I had just changed, into some fresh clothes and was stuffing my purse with the usual, necessary things, when the door opened and closed quietly. I turned around, to see my husband, throwing himself on the bed.

“Tired?”, I asked.

He mumbled something incoherent, as an answer.

“Want me to get you something, before I go?”, was my next question.

“Painkillers. I’ve got a major headache.”, he paused for a moment, lifted his head from the pillow and blinked his eyes open, to look at me: “Where are you going?”

My expression turned into something like, ‘Isn’t it obvious?’: “To work.”

“Work, right...!”, he looked so confused and tired, it was downright pitiful.

I walked over to him and handed him the medicine, along with a glass of water: “Here, these will help. Do you have another shift today?”

He shook his head.

“Good, you should rest.”, I pushed him back, to lay down, placed a kiss on his forehead and bid my goodbye.

Just, as I was about to close the bedroom door, Seung Jo’s voice stopped me: “Hey! It’s a boy.”

I stepped back in: “Huh?”

“You’re going to have a little brother. Eun Jae ahjumma was at the hospital, yesterday. She’s in her sixth month, so it was possible, to confirm the gender of the child. I thought, you’d want to know.”, he explained.

A baby boy, a little brother… amazing!

I smiled: “Thank you!”

 

Author

“It’s nice to see you again, after such a long time.”, Seung Jo smiled at the person, in front of him.

“I know! We haven’t seen each other, since my graduation. I though, I ought to pay you and your wife a visit. By the way, where is she? I don’t see her anywhere.”, the person said.

“She’s at the hospital, working.”, he answered, still a smile on his face.

The other person smirked: “She actually did it, huh? You’d think, it would have been impossible for her, to accomplish it. Then again, nothing seems to be impossible for Oh Ha Ni.

Seung Jo sipped on his coffee: “It’s Baek Ha Ni now and yeah, I know, what you mean. But let me tell you, she was ranked 8th on her final exams. Can you believe that? I couldn’t, the first time I saw it.”

Before the other person could comment on that, they were interrupted, by two people, entering the house. They seemed to be in a heated discussion.

“I told you to stay away from me in school, didn’t I?!”, Eun Jo’s voice was harsh.

“I never talked to you, in school, not once! It’s not always my fault, when something bad happens! You should stop, blaming me for everything! And also, you’re certainly not the only one, who is affected, by that stupid poster!”, Min Seol was raising her voice slightly.

“Just get out of here! I don’t want to see you!”, now, Eun Jo was shouting.

“Don’t be so full of yourself, Baek Eun Jo! I’m not really eager, to see you either!”, the angry girl yelled back and slammed the door shut, as she left the house.

The boy stared at her leaving image, for a second and then stomped off upstairs, to his room.

“What…? Was that your little brother’s girlfriend?”, the visitor inquired.

Seung Jo shrugged: “Who knows? Maybe she is, or will be but officially, she’s my sister-in-law.

“I didn’t know Ha Ni had a sister. She wasn’t at the wedding, was she?”, the visitor’s curiosity was growing.

Seung Jo shook his head: “Her father remarried a few months ago, they live next doors now. That girl just now, was Kim Min Seol, my mom’s friend’s daughter, who is now also my mother-in-law. It’s a long story and believe me, you don’t want to listen to it!”

“Listen to what?”, a feminine voice, in the doorway, interrupted them, once again. Ha Ni came stumbling into the living room: “What happened? I saw Min Seol coming out of here, she looked really ang- Omo, Hae Ra!”, she exclaimed, as soon as she noticed the other person in the room, besides herself and her husband.

“Anyeong!”, Hae Ra greeted, got up and hugged the stunned Ha Ni.

“Hey! So good to see you back here! Sorry, I didn’t know you were coming, that’s why I was so shocked to see you just now.”, Ha Ni replied, after breaking the hug and sitting down next to Seung Jo.

Hae Ra chuckled and pointed to Seung Jo: “He had the same reaction, when I showed up at the door, a few minutes ago. I wanted to surprise you guys. Looks like it worked, huh?”

Ha Ni nodded: “It sure did. So, what brings you here?”, she didn’t want to sound rude but she was tired and had only little patience left, meaning no time for friendly talk, though she sounded friendly, as always.

Hae Ra grabbed her bag and rumbled through it, apparently looking for something. Her face lit up, as she found it and handed it to Ha Ni: “He wanted you two, to be the first, to know it, or better said, he wanted Ha Ni to be the first.”

The wedding invitation card in Ha Ni’s hands was of pale crème colored paper, with beautiful golden ornaments. The following words were engraved in a neat golden font:

We heartily invite you to the wedding of

Yoon Hae Ra

&

Wang Kyung Soo

(A/N:I don’t feel the need, to write down the details, as to when, where, etc.)

The room went quiet for a minute, neither of them, knowing, what to say.

“When did that happen?”, Seung Jo was the one, to break the silence. To Ha Ni’s amusement, he looked a bit lost. In that moment, the couple had some kind of, role reversal. Seung Jo was now the one, without a clue and Ha Ni the one, with a knowing grin, on her face.

Hae Ra blushed slightly and looked away, avoiding her friends’ gazes. She had known, that there would be questions, though she hadn’t thought, that Seung Jo would be questioning. She had thought, he, of all people, would understand her decision but it was Ha Ni, who did.

Ha Ni slapped Seung Jo’s arm lightly: “Yah, Seung Jo-ah, you can’t just ask such questions. Don’t you see? You’re embarrassing her, besides…I’m pretty sure, Kyung Soo sunbae will tell, at least me, every little detail about, how they got together.”, she suppressed a laughter, at the end, just like her husband.

“Okay… you two have become even creepier, than you used to be. I should get going now, you’re scaring me.”, the flushed woman made an attempt, to get up and Ha Ni stopped her: “I’ve got another question though. Why did sunbae want me, to be the first one, to know about you?”

Hae Ra sighed: “He said, without you, he wouldn’t have had the courage, to stand up for his own feelings, which basically means, that you were a major factor for our relationship. Honestly said, I think he’s right. You really were a major factor, in more than one way… I should really get going now. I’ll visit you guys again, when I have some time.”

The former classmate took her leave, hugging both of them goodbye.

“How’s your headache? Feeling better?”, Ha Ni asked, as they sank back down on the couch, in the living room.

He nodded, looking thoughtful.

“What? Can you still not believe it?”, she noticed his faraway-look.

“No, it’s just very…hard to imagine. That’s all.”, he told her: “When I think back, to those years in college, the tennis club, I can’t imagine those two getting married, one day.”

She exhaled long, before replying: “That’s also, what everyone said about us and we’re married too, aren’t we?”

He shook his head: “It was different with us. We were living together, I had kissed you already and I wasn’t really interested in any other girl.”

“Oh really?”, she said ironically: “Took you still long enough, to confess.”

He snorted: “That was because of mom and all those rumors going around, about us.”

She tsked: “It’s not like you were the only one, affected by them. I had a hard time too and what with all those fan girls of yours, my god!”

He turned, to face her: “Says the one, who had two guys, shedding blood for her, in a library, right!”

Her cheeks turned crimson: “You know, what I mean.”

He smirked: “Sure I do…”

End of Chapter

 

Hi again, my dear readers!

I know, I'm a bad updater, always taking so much time to update but I really can't help it, so forgive me and keep supporting me please. 

So, this chapter is kind of a filler. I want to get Eun Jo's and Min Seol's relationship stable, before the plot thickens. I'm dreadind that already, because I know, some of you might curse me, for what I have in mind but in my opinion, it's important, so it will definitely be in the story.

That means, you can't expect anymore cute or fluffy scenes with hyunmin, after the next two or three chapters. (Don't kill me for that!)

Even though this chapter seems somewhat stupid to me, I like it, hope you guys do too :D

By the way, what do you think about Hae Ra and Kyung Soo getting married? May seem too soon but I thought, what the hell! 

Don't worry, I'm not going to dvelve in their lovestory. I'm not even planning on mentioning them again, maybe briefly but not like in this chapter. That means, were concentrating on "hyunmin" and "eunmin" only from now on! =)

One more thing, I'm relived, that you guys liked the ty chapter, gives me confidence, to write more LEMONS :)

Thanks for all the comments, for subscribing, reading and staying with me =D

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. and once again, I am truly sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes! And constructive criticism is welcomed, as well as any questions you might have =)