Chapter 41

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 41

 

Seung Jo

“Why is everybody staring at us like that?”, Ha Ni asked me, or more whispered, as we stood in front the hospital schedule, in the reception hall.

Well, I was asking myself the same question over and over, all day long.

Ever since I had stepped into the hospital this morning, every person had been turning to me, not that they normally didn’t but this time, they were giving me those strange looks, sometimes mixed with some goofy grins even.

“They’ve been doing this all day.”, Ha Ni added.

Her too? What was wrong with them?

From the corner of my eye I saw Na sunbae approaching us. He had that sly smile on his face, which appeared whenever he saw Ha Ni and me together. I wanted to get out of there, as fast as possible and was about to tell my wife to do the same, when his hand grabbed my shoulder.

I groaned internally but turned around to face him with a polite but still irritated look on my face and greeted him with a curt nod.

Ha Ni glanced around my shoulder to get a better look but stayed hidden behind me otherwise.

“The Baeks, it’s so nice to see you together at work. You two make such a sweet couple! Even my wife can’t stop talking about you, since she saw you two the first time.”, he laughed.

We had been working in this hospital for almost three years now and he chose today to tell us what a great couple we were?

I only stared at him , waiting for him to get to the end of his little speech.

“By the way, congratulations to both of you!”, he held out his hand for me to shake.

I took it with a bit of hesitation: “Thank you… For what exactly are you congratulating us?”

He let out another laugh: “For your anniversary of course.”

With that he walked past us, still laughing.

Ha Ni and I both turned around to see him leaving.

Maybe I had only heard something wrong. Maybe I would need to get my ears checked. Or maybe I was just going insane.

What had he just said?! Anniversary?!

I looked down and saw the confused expression on my wife’s face, realizing that it was probably how I felt.

She tipped her head up to me.

“Am I actually so stupid that I forgot our anniversary?”, she whispered in a horror-stricken voice.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at that.

She scowled at me: “I really thought it was next week.”

She looked adorable. Why did I always tell her the opposite?

“I can’t believe I forgot our anniversary.”, she mumbled to herself.

“If you forgot it then I forgot it too.”, I told her.

“Huh?”, now she was even more confused.

“I don’t know what Na sunbae was talking about but our anniversary IS next week.”, there was no way it was today.

“Whatever. Forget it.”, her face became thoughtful: “You’re shift is over, right?”

I nodded: “Whae?”

“Let’s go home together. I’ll just go and get my things from the locker room, alright?”, and she was gone without waiting for my answer.

 

Author

Half an hour later, the couple arrived in front of their house.

They got out of the car and walked up to the main entrance.

“Why is it so quiet in there?”, Ha Ni asked, pointing to the door: “Normally I can hear everyone’s voices from the outside.”

Seung Jo simply shrugged his shoulders and brought his keys out.

The moment the lock was undone and the two of them stepped into the house, a huge uproar started.

People were everywhere, shouting towards them: “Surprise!”

“Appa! Omma!”, Jae Mi, who had learned to walk a few months ago came running forward from somewhere, clutching Seung Jo’s leg, as she reached them.

He scooped her up in his arms and looked over to his wife; she appeared utterly shocked unlike him. No, he was only irritated, because his mother actually seemed to have invited half of the hospital staff, along with another bunch of people, who were practically strangers to them.

“No wonder everyone in the hospital was behaving so weird today.”, he muttered, voicing his thoughts.

However, before Ha Ni could respond Geum Hee somehow materialized out of nowhere and hugged her son and daughter-in-law: “Congratulations!”

A wide grin was spread across her face, when she pulled away.

“Omeoni.”, Seung Jo spoke fast so that his mother didn’t have the chance to speak again: “First of all, how many times do I have to tell you that I can’t stand these surprise parties of yours?”

“Surprise!”, Jae Mi exclaimed, clapping her hands cheerfully and interrupting her father’s rant. The one and a half year old girl was learning new words every day.

“And secondly, even if you had to do all of this,”, he gazed at the decorations and guests: “Couldn’t you at least do it on the right date? Our anniversary is next week and you know that.”, he kept his tone low, so that nobody but his mother, wife and daughter could hear him.

“Oh don’t be such a spoilsport!”, Geum Hee waved him off: “There’s a reason why this party is a week early.”

“What kind of reason, omeoni?”, Ha Ni asked carefully.

Geum Hee smiled brightly at her daughter-in-law: “Just wait and see!”

The rest of the day passed by, while the couple talked to guests, as they came and went. Seung Jo did a fist pump on the inside, when the last person left and Jae Mi, again in his arms, waved goodbye.

“So omeoni, you still haven’t told us why this party was today and not next week.”, he said, as he walked into the living room, where the whole family was gathered.

“Sit down first and I’ll tell you.” Geum Hee suggested.

He took a seat next to his wife and she handed Ha Ni a red, thick envelope.

“Open it!”, she ordered her daughter-in-law happily.

Ha Ni complied and a bit hesitantly she opened the envelope.

Her eyes narrowed, brows furrowed and she looked at her mother-in-law questioningly: “Plane tickets…?”

End of Chapter

 

Hey there guys!

I'm sorry I'm late once again, please bear with me, because oh well, just one word: EXAMS!!!!!!

You get the idea, so yeah...

So, this was a filler once again but that scene in the hospital, I could really picture it and their epic expressions, that's why I wrote it... one of my dear readers,  Dizanri I think, said something about the ultimate sweetness and that's exactly what I'm working up to. Well, first some lemony goodness (for my erted readers) and then the ultimate sweetness =D

Oh and something else, thank you very much voting on my poll about the spin-off with Eun Jo and Min Seol. The results were pretty much clear, there were 90-100 people, who want to read the spin-off, 20-30 who don't and the rest , I think they don't care but the ones, who said yes are simply the majority, so your wish is my command... =)

So here's another poll for you to vote, please do so!!!

PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!!

Also it would be great if you continue commenting reading and subscribing, like you always do and you are amazing for doing so :D

I'm sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes =)

Kamsahamnida for everything!

p.s. (yes, it's old but I just have to say it because it's true...) I Love You All <3