Chapter 1

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 1

 

Ha Ni

I lifted my head sleepily from the pillow just to see Seung Jo sleeping beside me. I smiled to myself cuddling into the warm bed sheets. It’s almost been a year since Seung Jo confessed his love for me and asked to marry me in front of our family.

That was surely something! I was so shocked; I wasn’t able to utter a word at that moment. The cold Baek Seung Jo, who claimed to hate me all the time, who was about to get married to Yoon Hae Ra, was suddenly kissing me in the rain, saying that I shouldn’t even think about liking any other guy than him.

A few minutes later, we were standing in the living room and he asked my dad to let him marry me.

“What are you smiling for, like an idiot?”, Seung Jo’s hoarse voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned my head to face him. He was watching me with tired eyes.

That’s Seung Jo for you, always making fun of me, even when he’s half asleep.

“Nothing, I was just thinking about something.”, I said quietly.

“I can tell that much.”, he countered. That’s true, he was able to tell that much.

“Ha Ni, I want to know what you are thinking about.”, he muttered.

As I felt a familiar blush burning in my cheeks, I turned around, so that my back faced him. He knew exactly, what I was thinking about!

A low chuckle arose from his throat, then he said: ”It’s four o’clock in the morning and you still manage to think about my proposal.”, it was not a question but a statement, which made everything even more embarrassing.

I stayed still, not answering his provocation. Damn! That guy just knew me too well for my own sake.

My eyes were closed when I felt Seung Jo wrapping an arm around me and hugging me from behind. That was his way of saying, he wasn’t in the mood for any fighting. So we left it at that and soon both of us fell back asleep.

It was nine o’clock, when I woke up again. Seung Jo was still sleeping, hugging me tightly. I was very careful not to wake him while getting up.

He’s been extremely tired lately because of the upcoming final exams.

Even the genius Baek Seung Jo has to study sometimes.

Come to think of it, I’m the one, who’s studying more and he’s more tired.

Must be because he’s not used to it.

I got ready and went down for breakfast.

“Good morning”, mom’s cheerful voice greeted me.

“Good morning”, I said hugging her and then ruffled my hand through Eun Jo’s hair.

“Yah, stop messing up my hair!”, Eun Jo scoffed.

That little brat sure was cute.

“Ha Ni-ah, where’s Seung Jo? Is he still sleeping?”, mom asked when I sat down.

“Yes, I didn’t want to wake him, since we don’t have any classes today and tomorrow.”, I said.

“Oh, that’s right, I remember, the final exams begin right after that, isn’t it?”, she mused.

“Deh, that’s true.”, was the only thing I could say. Only two days left and the following week would decide my carrier future.

If I passed these exams I would finally get my nursing license. I was a nervous wreck . But somehow I managed to look relaxed on the outside. That was something new because usually it was nothing like that.

I had to think about something positive to keep me going. If I passed the exams and got my nursing license Seung Jo and I could start our internship together at the hospital.

Yes, you are not mistaken. Seung Jo is already about to graduate from Medical School. He was able to squeeze the stuff for five years into one.

He really was a genius! Amazing, wasn’t he?

“Yah!”, Eun Jo waved his hands in front of me.

Suddenly snapping back to reality, I said: “What? What happened?”

“Omma was talking to you!”, the little guy snapped.

“Sorry, I-“, I started.

“Yah, Baek Eun Jo! Is that any way to talk to your sister-in-law?!Show some respect to her!”, mom interrupted and then addressing me, her voice turned sweet:

“Ha Ni-ah, I just asked you, if it’s okay with you, if Eun Jo and I aren’t home tonight.”

“Of course it’s alright… but whae? Did something happen?”, I wondered.

“Don’t worry, Ha Ni-ah. It’s just, my old friend from High School just moved back to Seoul. She called me yesterday, asking me for a sleepover and she specially wanted Eun Jo to come along since her daughter is about his age.”, mom replied happily.

“That’s great, mom! I’m so happy for you to have found your old friend again.”, and I really was.

“I know!”, mom said clapping her hands: “Eun Jo-ah, aren’t you excited?”

“Not really.”, he said more to himself than to her. Mom started to give him a lecture on manners, scolding him, while he wasn’t listening at all.

Again I smiled to myself. This was my family. Two grouchy brothers, two dads, mom and me. Every day I felt happy and blessed to have these people around me…  

End of Chapter

 

So, here's the first chapter. Hope you guys like it. Sorry for any possible mistakes. As soon as the next chapter is ready I'll update the story. Please comment and subscribe! :)