sports: 2

i Can't let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               ❀❀❀❀❀

Character colors : Chanyeol

                         : Naomi

                         : Tori

                         : Myungsoo

                         : Exo

                         : Supporting

 

Naomi and a class mate versus tori and another player, were participating in the tennis match. The game was already in progress, the ball was being hit back and forth over the net between players. Naomi and tori were in their own world competing against each other, hogging the ball for them selves, it made their partners really frustrated. But did they care?, psh heck no, it was personal. The crowd who sat in the stands and on the grass were astonished by how professional they were.

 

L was cheering for naomi while flagging his handkerchief and yelling as loud as he could. " KICK HER , DON'T LOSE TO THAT DOUCHE ". The crowd behind joined in with his chorus,

" NAOMI, FIGHTING !!! ",

" TORI !!! WHIP HER ",

" WHOOP WHOOP ".

 

It was intense and tiring trying to keep up with the other. The sun beamed down on them, but it didn't put out the fire that had stirred in them, instead it made it burn brighter.

 

Tori had hit the ball hard enough to knock it out of bounds, " finally, a freaking score ", she hissed and wiped the sweat that glistened on her forehead. Naomi was panting heavily and smiling cheekily at tori with her hands on her knees.

 

L recieved a call from someone he wasn't very fond of, he left the crowd and went to somewhere quiet and vacant. He then answered the phone call. " yeobeoseyo? ", " are you still at school? ", " neh, what do you want now? ", " i need to personally have a word with you ", " is it urgent?, can't it wait? ", " don't be rude, now come NOW ", they hung up and L was left aggravated and annoyed. He didn't want to leave yet because he promised himself that he'd stay and watch naomi participate in the events she had signed her self up for. He took a deep breath to clear his mind before he headed back to where he had stood previously.

 

When he had gotten back it was already over and she had lost to tori. Tori was cheering and hugging her friend tightly, while naomi held her head down disappointed in herself for losing. L walked up to her and stood by her side. " it's okay to lose at times ", he said. " but you were cheering so hard for me, i feel like a failure for letting you down ". " it's okay, just make sure you work harder okie ", he said while flashing his most dazzling smile and she nodded.

 

It was now time for the boys long distance track race. Baekhyun,chanyeol,sehun and kai were a part of the trace along with some other male runners. " OPPA, HWAITING ", tori cheered. The whistle was blown and they dashed off at full speed excluding chanyeol and kai, they jogged on the track, to avoid losing unnecessary energy. They were 30 meters behind the others, running around the curves and switching lanes.

 

The persons who had started off in full speed were already burnt out and were now dragging their feet along the path and panting heavily, trying to sustain themselves till they've reached the finish line. Chanyeol and kai were running side by side as their jogged by the exhausted runners. " bye bacon ", chanyeol said with a chuckle. " what ever ", he said exhaustedly. Chanyeol and kai quickened their speed as they got close to the finish line. 

 

Naomi felt the urge to cheer for chanyeol, she fumbled with her fingers and bit onto her lip to resist doing do. Myungsoo watched her anxious behavior from under his lashes and jealousy ate at his insides. Tori was jumping up and down while shouting out his name with pom poms swaying in the air.

 

 

But when chanyeol crossed the finish line first and kai followed behind him, she couldn't hold it in anymore. She screamed at the top of her lungs and jumped up and down, she was so happy that he had won that she had to let it out. " OPPA DAEBAK !!! ", he noticed that voice from anywhere. It was his wife who had said it from the stands. His head swifted turned in the direction of the voice and a teethy smile appeared on his lips. Baekhyun was panting and holding onto knees desperately. " hyung... ", he said in an undertone. " why'd you leave me back there? ", he said breathlessly. Chanyeol didn't answer him nor did he look at him, his gaze was fixated on the girl who stood in the stands clapping and waving at him. Baek then turned his attention to the stands and saw naomi, " aw ain't that cute ", he said jokingly.

 

 

Myungsoo turned naomi to look up at him,breaking chanyeol and her eye contact. " you should get ready ", " oh..uh, ye-yes ", she stuttered and then made her way down the steps to where the other opponants stood. The boys made their way off the track, chanyeol walked up to naomi and wished her luck, tori on the older hand wasn't pleased about that. He rubbed her cheek and then walked up the stand with baek and kai walking behind him. " good luck noona ", they said in sync. " what about me oppa? " tori said inwardly while watching him with her brows furrowed

 

 

They girls did some quick stretches before they headed to the track for the long distance race, they then got into starting position till a gun shot was heard . They dashed off without hesitation, their leg muscles extended one in front of the other. Tori kept her pace on par with naomi's till they reached the bend. It was now or never. She stuck her foot infront of naomi's leg causing her to stumble and roll on the track,grazing her skin against the hot scorhing ground. It was a knee first fall, with her hands in the way to lessen the impact.She was laid flat on the pathway,groaning and squealing in pain. The crowd in the stands were in a panick and huge gasps were heard.

" oh ! ",

" that must have hurt a lot ",

" how'd she fall? ".

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter