Destiny

A Fangirl's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Annyong haseyo,” her sweet high-pitched voice spoke towards her laptop. A smile curled up on her face as she made sure her medium length black hair looked okay. She was anxiously holding her guitar on her lap while maintaining eye contact with the camera. “My name is Jang. Hyun. Mi.” The purpose for enunciating her name slowly was so that they could remember. “I hope you will enjoy this cover mashup.”   Hyun Mi’s fingers slowly started to pluck the guitar strings as it formed a melodious tune. “Tell me why, butakhae tell me why. Nan ganghaejigo sipeo,” she started singing an acoustic rendition of Woo Hyun and Key’s duet. She was getting into the mood and emotion of the song, which was shown throughout her whole facial expression and voice.   “HYUN MI!” a loud banging was heard against the door.
“Aaaaaahhhh!” Hyun Mi wailed as she turned towards the door with frustration. She saw her brother frozen in his track as he gave her an awkward smile.
“Were you making a cover again?” Dong Woo asked.
“Not just any cover. I’m going to give this to NinetyOne as a present!” Hyun Mi told him.
“Oh! That’s a great idea!” Dong Woo fully supported her absurd idea. “Is that why you’re wearing full make up and stuff?”
“Well, I had to look nice for the video.” Hyun Mi shrugged.
“When are you planning to give it to them?” Dong Woo asked.
“Tonight. They’re coming back from Brazil, so I’m meeting them at the airport.”
“It’s late already,” Dong Woo was concerned. “Plus, who’s gonna take you there? I’m not letting you go with a taxi!”
“Anio, Baek Hyun is going with me,” Hyun Mi answered.
“Baek Hyun?” Dong Woo scrunched his eyebrow. “Why would he go?”
“I’m guessing that he is secretly a fanboy, but he won’t admit it to cover his pride,” Hyun Mi whispered and giggled.
“Who would’ve thought,” Dong Woo muttered. “I guess that’s why he was waiting downstairs.”
“He’s downstairs?!” Hyun Mi gasped.
“Oh right! That’s the reason I came here in the first place!” Dong Woo remembered.
Hyun Mi immediately panicked since she wasn’t done. In a hurried state, she burned the current video onto a CD, even though it wasn’t perfect yet, at least she would have something to give.   After some minutes passed by, she finally arrived downstairs. “I’m sorry,” she apologized while letting herself in the car, not even properly wearing her jacket.
“What took you so long?” Baek Hyun asked as he eyed her with a bored look. At once, his expression changed. “Did you… put on make-up?”
“Yes,” Hyun Mi rolled her eyes. She was usually the type who wouldn’t care about her looks. So a little eyeliner created a big hype.
“Why?” Baek Hyun asked as he started the engine and started to pull away from the driveway.
“Well, I’m meeting my idols. I need to entice them,” Hyun Mi answered bluntly.
Baek Hyun immediately snorted a laugh at her ridiculous answer. “You’re crazy,” he said with a smile. “Aren’t you confident your natural beauty would attract them?”
Hyun Mi grinned at his choice of words. “They’re idols. I need to live up to their standards,” she said.
“Right… Because they wear make up all the time…” Baek Hyun nodded.  

 

The traffic that d
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter