Alternate Ending

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi. So here is an alternate ending for my baby, Still You. It's not the best I could do, but here it goes. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The sun rays peeking through the curtains woke up Hyuna. Using a hand to cover her eyes from being blinded by the light, she turned to the other side only to realize she’s inside a very familiar room.

 

Rubbing her eyes, she got up into a sitting position and scanned the room. Nothing has changed; everything still in place just as she could remember from six years ago. There were still pictures of her lined up on the bed side table; her portrait taken back in college still hanging on one of the walls.

 

Everything was still the same.

 

How long has it been since she last went there?

 

And next to her, Kris was sleeping so peacefully; one of his arms draped against his closed eyes.

 

She recalled what happened the previous night; the talk they had inside the elevator on their way to pick up the twins.

 

The twins!

 

She just remembered the twins; they totally forgot about them last night. They were so immersed with the situation that they barely remembered what they were even doing in that building the first place. After clearing everything out, the two of them left and spent the night just driving around the city. They cooled down and decided to spend the night at Kris’ place.

 

Careful as ever, she got out of the bed and reached for her bag left on the couch. She fished out her phone and saw at least 5 missed calls from her Joonmyeon oppa. The twins were probably looking for them.

 

Clutching her phone with one hand, she headed to the bathroom and dialed her friend’s number. She didn't want to interrupt Kris’ sleep. She knew he was tired as well.

 

‘Finally. Hyuna. Where are you?’ A worried voice greeted her from the other line. And she wasn't wrong at all. They’ve probably waited for any of her and Kris to pick up their calls or contact them.

 

“Oppa. I’m sorry. We forgot about the kids last night. Are they still asleep?” Hyuna asked, running a hand through her hair. They didn't mean to forget about the twins; it was a spontaneous idea they just had. And that was to run away for the night.

 

“Yeah. Mimi just fell asleep again. She woke up really early.” Soft chuckles could be heard soon from the other line; a sign that the twins were alright. “You don't have to apologize Hyun. You know we all loved looking over them.” She let out a sigh of relief.

 

“How are you and Kris?” Of course. That question will definitely be raised.

 

Her mind wandered back to the happening the previous night. From Joonmyeon’s place they headed straight to the Han River. They stayed inside Kris’ car, just talking. There, she told him more stories of the twins’ first six years. She basically filled him in more things about their kids. And just like before, they’ve also talked about their future.

 

Their future together as husband and wife.

 

“We’re okay.” Was all she said. Joonmyeon already knew what that meant. A sigh of relief came from the other line, followed by a quiet ‘I knew it’ from her beloved friend.

 

“The twins are expecting you before lunch Hyun. Just to remind you. It’s not just all about the two of you now. The twins are here.” Joonmyeon reminded her before hanging up. She knew that but they couldn't blame the two of them for wanting some alone time for just themselves. After what happened, they have 6 years to fill in. Six long years they have to make up to one another.

 

“Hyun?” She heard Kris’ calling for her back in the bedroom. Instantly, she made her way out, greeted by a newly woken up Kris.

 

“Is that Joonmyeon?” He asked and she only nodded before sitting next to him on the bed.

 

“The twins are expecting us to be there by lunch.” She relayed what Joonmyeon told her and she watched as amusement crossed Kris’ face.

 

“Our kids are definitely bossy. I wonder where they got that.” He joked, adding soft chuckles. The statement made her frown a bit.

 

“Hey. You’re the bossy one. I wasn't like that even from before.” She defended herself as she could tell Kris was simply implying that she was the bossy one.

 

“Says the lady who got me wrapped around her finger.” Kris playfully mumbled, getting up. She gave him a threatening glare which he only responded to with a hearty laughter.

 

And that morning was filled with them bickering with one another. How she missed those kind of moments with Kris. It was like being thrown back in the past; when they were still in college. But she was happier now. She had the twins and Kris.

 

She can finally say she’s got her own happy family.



 

“Baobei.” Kris softly called her, the two of them inside his car as they drive back to Joonmyeon’s place. A little after 11 they finally left his place, not wanting the twins to wait any longer. They’ve already made them wait since last night and she also missed the twins.

 

“Hmmn?” She turned to look at him from the screen of her phone. Kris has his eyes focused on the road, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

 

The way Kris was smiling already gave her an idea that there’s something he wanted to tell her.

 

“What is it?” She pressed when she got no answer. She couldn't be wrong. There must be something behind his smile.

 

“Let’s get away for a while.” He suggested, throwing her a glance with a knowing smile on his face.

 

“Get away? What do you mean? With the kids?” She asked.

 

He only shook his head, finally turning to her as they stopped in front of the building that houses Joonmyeon’s pad.

 

“No. Just the two of us. Let’s get away from here. Travel somewhere else before the wedding.” He clarified, looking at her intently. “I’ve been dying to ask you that since I came back. I know I’ve missed a lot of things and a couple of days won't be enough to cover up the entire six years. I’ve been the stupidest and tiest boyfriend. And I want to make it up to you.”

 

“I’ve probably done it with the kids. But for you, none at all.” He added. The way he was looking at her, as if he was pleading. His eyes wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter