6

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris wasn't a morning person. He hated waking up really early, ever since he was a kid. And with his friends, he's pretty popular as the guy that always comes late. They were all used to him. But he needed to remove that habit of his already. Sooner or later, he will be appointed as their company's CEO. And being in that position requires him to be properly organized with his time.

It's been almost half a day since he was locked up inside his office located at the 21st floor of their company building. He hated it, but he can't just put it aside. He will be leading the company soon, and he needed to be prepared. As much as he hates it, he needs it. One of the perks of being a son of a business tycoon.

 

"Young master, you called me?" It was his secretary, Mr. Yoon who opened the door and stepped inside. 

 

"Yeah. Cancel all my meetings left for today. I have somewhere to go." The secretary looked like he was about to protest but got stopped by the way his employer looked at him. And just like that, Kris grabbed his jacket and left the office premises. He needed to breathe. He wasn't aware that being inside the office could actually suffocate him. He wasn't used yet.

 

"Minseok, where are you?" He immediately called one of his friends as he drove away, heading to nowhere.

 

"I'm about to grab coffee with Jongdae. Why?"

 

Just the perfect timing. After telling the guy on the other line that he will be joining them, he quickly hanged up. 

 

He was cruising down a very familiar road. The lines of boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Hundreds, probably thousands, of people passing by on the sidewalks. And among them, he could see himself holding hands with her as they walk, looking at the window displays, laughing about random funny things and even giving her a kiss on the cheek. How many times have they been here in the past? When they would sneak out from classes just to be with each other and have coffee at their favorite coffee shop located in the very same street. He could still remember all the little things they did in this street. Like it all just happened yesterday.

 

It's a part of their memory lane.

 

 

Upon entering the coffee shop, he was able to spot Jongdae and Minseok already on one corner, laughing quietly to themselves as they talk. With his mocha latte in his hand, he headed to where his friends were and joined them.

 

"Don't tell us you still sneaked out at the age of 28. Come on man, we're not high school anymore." He just laughed at Minseok who playfully scolded him. As if he didn't know that until now, his friends do the same. 

 

"How does it feel to be back once again hyung?" The question that Jongdae threw him caught him off guard. He contemplated for a moment inside his head. He's back in his home city, and reunited with his friends. He must be happy right? Adjusting became an easy task for him. But deep inside, he could still feel something lacking. Something he needed to put a closure on for him to be able to say that's he's happy to be back home.

 

And that's searching for an answer he's been asking himself since the day that he left. He needs an answer. An answer that would make or break him.

 

"Hyung. Are you okay? You spaced out all of a sudden." The youngest among them asked him again.

 

"Yeah. Just remembered something."

 

"Oh. Sehun and Jongin went to see Minho's game today. They're with the girls." It was Minseok, checking out something on his phone. Choi Minho was one of their friends that they met through soccer. He wasn't aware that until now, the boys still has communication with him.

 

"Maybe you could ask them to meet up. We could eat late lunch together." He suggested, the two boys exchanging glances. Somehow, he's beginning to suspect something. It seems that his friends are hiding something from him.

 

"Uh, I'm not sure if they'll be able to catch up hyung. The arena's at the other side of the city." He eyed Jongdae suspiciously.

 

"I'll give Jongin a call." Neither of the two were able to stop him as he pressed on speed dial 9. It just took Jongin three rings before he picked up the call.

 

"Oh. Hyung? You called?" The younger male asked from the other line.

 

"Where are you? Are you heading back to your office?"

 

"Aniyo. We're heading to Apgujeong to grab late lunch hyung. Waeyo?"

 

"Let's meet when you get here. I'm actually with Jongdae and Minseok here in Apgujeong. Let's eat at the Italian restaurant we always go to. We'll see you in thirty minutes." Without even waiting for Jongin's answer, he immediately ended the call. He looked at the two guys with him, and he frowned seeing how the two looked hesitant.

 

"What's wrong? It's just lunch."

 

"Nothing hyung."

 

"Why does it feel like there's something you guys are hiding from me? Seriously, I've noticed it since the first time we had lunch." He inquired, exchanging looks between the guys sitting in front of him. 

 

Does it have something to do with Joonmyeon's advice? Do I really need to see her? Talk to her? He asked himself.

 

"It's nothing hyung. Just something to do with work." The youngest of them three, Jongdae, cleared up his throat and sipped nervously on his frappe. He could easily tell. He might have been away for 6 years but he still knows them like he did in the past. And they're still the same. Same old boys.

 

"Yeah. And psh, what could we be hiding from you?" Minseok said, avoiding his gaze. His frown deepened, and his hunch is right. There is something that his friends had been hiding. And he's going to find it out on his own.

 

 

When Jongin and Sehun entered the restaurant they're supposed to meet with the three hyungs, they were already ushered to the the private corner of the place. The other two greeted them with a knowing smile but not their Kris hyung.

 

"I thought you're with Krystal and Daeun?" Kris asked the two newcomers, Sehun and Jongin as they joined them on the table they had reserved. They only waited for at least 5 minutes till the two youngest arrived and without their girlfriends.

 

"Oh. Daeun had an appointment with her dad and Krystal accompanied her. You know those two, they like sticking to each other." Jongin answered, taking a seat beside his Jongdae hyung. 

 

Before driving back to Apgujeong, Jongin and Sehun decided on dropping off Hyunjin and the ladies at the former's favorite ice cream parlor. The meeting with their hyungs was an impromptu and they couldn't just bring the little boy with them. It's not yet time for them to meet. And surely, Hyunjin, being the smart little boy he is, will ask questions regarding Kris. No. They couldn't risk that.

 

"Ohh. Too bad. I wanted to meet them too." 

 

The food was served a little after their arrival and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter