*25

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25


The rain has been non stop since Kris woke up that morning. The weather was too gloomy that it also affected his mood to work. Besides, all the reports he needed to review has been done. He wa just being too lazy that he asked all his meetings to be moved to a different day. 

Why spend his afternoon holed up inside his boring office when he can just spend it with his kids? He was the boss after all. He can do whatever he wants. 

"Hyung. Are you busy?" He was on his way out already when his phone rang, flashing Jongin's name. 

"I'm off to pick up the kids. Wae?" He asked. 

"Nothing. Just checking. Luhan hyung and Chanyeol hyung's with me. We're going out for coffee." 

"Some other time. I have to pick up the kids." 

"Alright. But if your mind changes, we'll be at the usual. You can bring the twins." Jongin reminded him and as he was about to bid goodbye, another voice spoke.

"It's Wednesday, Sehun surely picked up Mimi and Minseok hyung's probably with Jin. Scheduled baby sitting time." It was Chanyeol who then said goodbye and ended the call. 

He frowned at the information, not knowing their friends actually has scheduled days to pick up his twins. While waiting for the lift, and wanting to make sure, he pressed on his speed dial 1 and Hyuna's number was automatically dialed. 

"Hello?" Her soft voice called out from the other line. And he could already feel his heart beating at it's abnormal rate. 6 years and she still has the same effect on him.

He almost forgot his reason why he was calling her all of a sudden. 

"Uh, hi. It's Kris." He spoke, clearing his throat after. There was a moment of silence before he heard her voice again.

"Oh. Kris. Yeah?" She softly spoke, a smile appearing on his lips for no reason at all. 

"I'm about to pick up the kids. Just want to be sure they're still at the school. Chanyeol told me it's Sehun and Minseok's schedule today. What's that all about?" He asked. 

"Ohh. Yeah. Sehun picks up Mimi from school every Wednesday. The boys decide who picks up Jin. I guess it's Minseok oppa today." She explained softly, and he could only imagine talking to he in person and just stare at her as she speaks. 

"And I believe the other boys are going to meet. You can just come with them. Minseok oppa's probably gonna come too with Jin. Just don't expect Sehun and Mimi." He could hear the smile as she spoke from the other line. And it was making him smile even more. 

"Are you coming?" He couldn't help but ask. 

"Probably not. I have two more meetings to attend. Just enjoy your time with the boys." 

"Alright. I'll see you later then." She hummed a soft yeah before the call ended. And it all dawned on him. 

She was talking to him normally, almost the same way as before. And it was a huge progress for him. 

With nothing left to do, he decided to join his friends and followed them at the usual cafe the visit. Surely, almost everything remained the same. The places where they hang out, their routines and his friends themselves. 

"Hyung. You're here." Jongin greeted him as he approached their table. Chanyeol, Luhan, Yixing and Kyungsoo were with him, the table surrounded by hot beverages. 

"The kids are pretty occupied and work is getting boring so I'm here." He smiled, joining them. 

"Sehun was reminded by the princess last night about their date. And he knows he can't say no to her." Chanyeol said, pertaining to his daughter. 

"She never told me anything." He mumbled, rolling his eyes. 

"Hate to break it to you hyung, but, Sehun's the favorite one. Can't fight him off with that. Daddy or not." Kyungsoo snickered, aware that it was irking him. 

Though he can't blame his daughter. She did grow up close to Sehun the most. It's inevitable that there will be instances she'll prefer Sehun than him, her own father. 

Being the thoughtful friends they are to him, they started filling him their own stories about his twins. He can admit those stories were helpful, giving him a chance to get to know his kids even better. 

"Jin is a soccer maniac. You definitely passed that to him. And so as your daughter." Luhan filled him in, telling him how his twins were fascinated by the sport at their early age. He could only imagine how cute they were, running around in matching jerseys. 

"How are you and Hyuna?" Yixing's question caught him off guard, but the thought made him smile. He could say they're okay, better than before. 

"We're okay." He told them, slowly nodding his head. 

"Have you guys talked about your situation? Not the kids, but you guys." Chanyeol added, raising an eyebrow as all of them had their eyes on him. 

The question caught him off guard, not really knowing what to say. How can he even describe they're situation? 

No matter how much he hates to admit it, but he knew she's only talking to him because of the kids. For the kids' sake and to cover up the fact that he never knew they existed before. 

"We have. Mainly, me. But she never really said anything about it." Sadly, he told them the real score. And judging the look on their faces, he knew they understand what he meant. 

Silence took over their table. His head was flooded by thoughts of Hyuna and the past couple of days. They were progressing. 

He could tell. Her actions were easy for him to read. Like what happened the night before. While they were having dinner, Hyuna was the one who personally prepared his tea. She was able to tell he was exhausted by his work without him even saying anything. They were like that in the past.

"Daddy!" Turning their heads to that small voice, they all saw Hyunjin running up to their table with Minseok and Joonmyeon trailing behind. 

"Hey there buddy." He chuckled as his son tackled him with a hug, his tiny arms wrapping around his torso. 

"Where were you guys?" He asked, setting his son on his lap. After greeting his friends, Hyunjin made himself comfortable clinging on to him. 

"Minseok samchon and Joonmyeon samchon brought me to their office to play Wii." And he let his son went on, telling them how his day went. He could listen to his stories all day long and won't even get tired of it. 

Hyunmi and Hyunjin were his little sunshines, lighting up his day, no matter how stressful it went. And to add, he gets to see Hyuna everyday. 

It was starting to become a routine. 


With a bubble tea on one hand, and Mimi holding his free one, Sehun entered the Kim's mansion. Wednesdays mean that he has to pick up Mimi from school and babysit her. But he never complained, for the sole reason that he enjoys it. 

"Did you enjoy the movie?" He asked the little girl, guiding her to the living room. 

From school, they headed straight to the movie house to watch an animated movie and picked up their favorite bubble tea before going home. But the rain remained pouring, cancelling their plans of going out to the park to play soccer. 

"Neh!" Mimi enthusiastically nodded, her smile beaming. 

"And you enjoyed without daddy?" A voice soon joined them, and they both looked up to see Kris entering the living room. His hyung looked comfy around the house already. 

And it's not even a wonder to him anymore. It was just like as before. 

"Hi daddy!" Mimi grinned at her dad, waving at him. 

He wanted to laugh seeing how his hyung reacted, seeing how his daughter didn't even run up to him to greet him. 

"Hey hyung. Just dropping off your little princess." He grinned at his hyung, turning to look at Mimi, who was too busy enjoying her bubble tea. 

"Are you not staying for dinner samchon?" The little girl asked, looking up at him with hr most adorable puppy eyes. 

"Ani. Dani eonni is waiting. We promised eomoni and abeoji we'll join them for dinner." He told her and she only nodded her head, not asking anymore. 

"It's raining quite hard Sehun. Drive safely." His hyung reminded him, as he bid them goodnight. 

Only to have Mimi cling onto him tighter. 

"Thank you samchon. I love you!" He couldn't help smiling at the little girl's sweetness, and her cuteness. 

"Anything for our princess." He winked at her then turned to his hyung. "I'll go ahead hyung. Say hi to Jin for me." 

The father and daughter duo walked him out and waited for him to leave the premises before stepping back inside. His hyung was right, the rain was pouring harder. 

Hopefully, it'd stop so he and Dani can enjoy the night with his parents. 

The drive to the hospital was quick, and he made it there safe. Before heading home, Mimi actually made him buy flowers for Dani. Saying that he should be like his dad, surprising his Hyuna noona with flowers. And he also knew that Mimi's suggestion would make his girlfriend smile. 

"Hi baby." Sneaking from behind, he wrapped his arms around her and surprised her with the bouquet of roses that Mimi picked. She was too busy reading a patient's record that she didn't even hear him walk up to her.

Surprising her wasn't that hard for him. Small things were always appreciated by his girlfriend. Even just a simple note left on their bedside table is enough to brighten up her day. And he couldn't be any grateful to have a partner like Dani. 

"Hey. You're early." She greeted him, kissing his cheek softly. 

Of course, she knows how a day seem to be not enough for him and Mimi when they're together. They were always a trio whenever they go out, almost like a family but her schedule sometimes forbid her to join them. 

"Can't have Kris hyung hunting me and suing me for kidnapping his daughter. Besides, we're meeting mom and dad." 

She flashed him a smile before handing the record back to the nurse on standby. With a proud grin on his face, he watched her do her job. 

It was a sight he can never get tired or bored of. 


The rain didn't seem to slow down at all as Hyuna too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter