*26

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

 

Every word Kris told Hyuna that night kept her up. It didn't help that Kris was even sleeping on the same bed as her, peacefully enjoying his dreamland like the kids.

 

It was hard to continuously act cold hearted. Deep down, she knew he was sincerely apologizing. Knowing Kris for almost her whole life, reading through him was something easy for her.

 

Now that he has experienced parenthood, he understood right away everything. Why she dare not tell their kids the truth. He has learned to put the kids' sake before anything else. Even if it meant agony for them.

 

"Young master, everything is already set. Will there be anything?" His secretary asked, handing him the documents for their latest partnership deal with one of the most leading advertising company.

 

"No. It's okay. I'll be leaving now." Giving his secretary a small nod, he fled out of his office. It has been a busy day for him and he can't wait to be with the kids.

 

He promised them he'd take them out for dinner since he wasn't able to pick them up from school.

 

But the scene unfolded by him when stepped inside the mansion got him glued to his spot. Like he was being soaked by ice cold water.

 

"Oppa!!" His daughter was crouching down beside a panting Hyunjin, his tiny hands clutching on his heaving chest.

 

Their nanny and the head of the house helpers were crowding beside his son and daughter, trying to hand Hyunjin the nozzle of his nebulizer. It was a familiar scene for him. Hyuna had a lot of attacks like one in the past.

 

His feet were glued on the ground. He had no idea what he needs to do. Hyunjin, his own son was on the ground, grasping for air. It was agony for him to watch.

 

He needed to move.

 

"D-Daddy!!" Hyunmi's voice woke him up out of trance. With their children involved, he had lost his composure twice. It was a scene he wasn't used to, and it was a bit overwhelming.

 

"What's happening?!" He asked, panic in his voice as he ran to Hyunjin's side, cradling him. The little boy had his eyes closed, his tiny hands on his chest trying to ease out his breathing.

 

"He was already looking sick when they arrived home young master. I left them here to get them snacks and Jin Jin was already on the floor when I got back." Their nanny jung explained, and he only nodded.

 

"Where's Hyuna?"

 

"She's still in a meeting young master. Even her secretary won't pick up."

 

Hyunjin was sweating hard, his chest heaving up and down. He knew how hard it was for him to breathe, the wheezing sound he was producing as he tries to grasp for air.

 

"Daddy. Let's take oppa to the hospital." Hyunmi begged, tugging on the side of his shirt. Looking over at her, he wasn't surprised at all to see the weary eyes of his daughter.

 

He's being a children fool that he can't think straight right away when it comes to his kids. But his daughter was right. They needed to bring his son to the hospital.

 

"Miss Jeong is their pedia. I'll have her informed Kris doryeonim." It was Butler Seo who offered and he nodded.

 

Trying to be gentle and quick at the same time, he picked up Hyunjin and hurried out of the door. But of course, the little girl won't let be get behind.

 

"I'm coming daddy. Please." She was looking at him with the biggest puppy eyes, and who was he to say no? Besides, he can't waste a minute just arguing with his daughter.

 

Once securely strapped to their car seats, he sped out off the mansion premises and drove straight to the hospital. He kept his eyes focused on the road, taking glances on his children from time to time. He could hear Hyunmi trying to console her own brother but he knew Hyunjin can't even say anything.

 

"Oppa?" Cursing the heavy  traffic ahead of them, Kris dialled Daeun's number to give her a head's up.

 

"We're taking Hyunjin to the hospital. He's having asthma attack." He was trying to be calm but with the traffic, he's afraid he might burst out.

 

"Neh. I'll be right there oppa. And please calm down. The twins know their drill." He wanted to be calm like what Daeun said but it was hard. Even the twins at the backseat were calm but not him. Not when he can see his son suffering right in front of him.

 

Fifteen minutes felt like a lifetime for him, and the moment they arrived at the hospital, Hyunjin was immediately attended. Like what Daeun said, she was there waiting.

 

"Mimi-ah. Did something happen at school?" Dani calmly asked Hyunmi who was clinging onto him, while he stood beside Hyunjin's bed.

 

"Oppa was playing soccer with his friends. He was okay when Mr. Cho picked us up." His little girl explained, worry obvious on her eyes.

 

"Aigooo. Jin Jin, you know you can't play soccer without your inhaler. You probably forgot it, didn't you?" The young doctor playfully asked Hyunjin, who was then equipped with an oxygen mask to help him with his breathing.

 

Five minutes and Dani already instructed two nurses to prepare Hyunjin's room. And Hyunmi not wanting to be away from her twin brother, insisted to come along. He was left with Dani outside the emergency room, letting his daughter go.

 

"You don't have to worry oppa. It's quite normal for the twins especially after an exhausting day. And Jin probably forgot his inhaler. But he's already stable now. As you can see, he's already joking earlier." Dani comforted him, giving him a soft smile. He's got no rights to question Daeun's credentials as a doctor. Sehun being the proud boyfriend that he was, didn't forget bragging about her graduating the field of medicine at a very young age. And she did with flying colors.

 

"But he's got to stay the night?" He asked.

 

"Yeah. We need to have him overnight. It's a regular drill. Hyuna eonni knows that."

 

And hearing Hyuna's name remided him to also call her. He's been meaning to do so since earlier only to forget about it since he was panicking.

 

Excusing himself, he walked his way to get to Hyunjin's room with his phone pressed against his ear. A couple of rings and Hyuna finally answered.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Uh, hi. It's me." Funny how he still feels nervous just by hearing her voice on the other line.

 

And there's no time for him to be nervous. Their son was brought to the hospital.

 

"Kris." She confirmed.

 

"We're here at the hospital. I came home to see Hyunjin having difficulty breathing. Asthma attack." He finally informed him, and he immediately sensed the worry on her voice.

 

"I'll be there in 15 minutes." Was all she said and ended the call. He sighed in relief. They just need for her to arrive. It'll probably make the twins feel better and him.

 

"Mommy already reminded you to keep your inhaler always inside your bag." Hyunmi's voice filled his ears as he stepped inside the room. The little girl was sitting on the foot of the bed while his son was comfortably lying down.

 

"I forgot to grab it from my night table. But I'm okay now." He smiled hearing the twins. It was indeniable that they definitely got each other's back.

 

"How are you feeling?" The twins turned to him, smiles on their faces.

 

It relieved him seeing his son okay, and smiling again.

 

"I'm feeling better now daddy. Thank you. And sorry for making you worry." Hyunjin looked at him softly, a sad smile on his face.

 

"Just, don't do it again please Hyunjin-ah. I honestly didn't know what to do earlier." He told them, joining the twins on the bed. Hyunmi instantly crawled to sit on his lap, which he let her do.

 

"That's okay daddy. But me and oppa are used to it. Besides, we're big and stronger now." His little girl was smiling at him proudly, making him chuckle.

 

"Daddy just got scared. And worried."

 

And the twins understood. They might be little kids, but they're surely mature than most kids of their ages. Not to mention, smart and very witty.


 

Cursing the heavy traffic jam inaudibly, Hyuna let out a sigh of relief as she stepped inside the hospital. Kris had called her right in time, she just finished a meeting once she received the news. And wanting to get to the hospital as quickly as possible, she didn't wait for Mr. Lee to even drive her.

 

"Eonni!" Her ears perked up and saw Daeun walking over to her with a smile. The younger lady gave her a hug, squeezing her a bit, a sign that everything was good.

 

"How is he?" She asked, still worrying. She can't help it. When it comes to the twins, expect her paranoia to be over the top.

 

"He's already okay eonnie. Just got too excited with soccer. And he forgot again his inhaler." Dani answered with a comforting smile, guiding her to her son's room. They continued talking about the kids' condition, the recent happening convincing her to have the twins undergo their annual general check up earlier than scheduled.

 

"I will have that scheduled then eonni. Don't worry."

 

She gave her friend a grateful smile and entered the room. It didn't surprise her anymore seeing Kris with the twins. Mimi was on his lap, Jin sitting cross legged across the father-daughter duo on the bed. They seemed to be enjoying about Kris' stories of their funny high school stories.

 

"Mommy!!" Jin was the first one to see him, who almost jumped out of bed. Mimi excitedly turned to her, climbing out of her dad's lap to run to her.

 

"Hi baby." She smiled at Mimi, picking her up before walking to her son's bed. "How are you feeling sweetheart?"

 

"I'm okay now mommy. Dani noona gave me a new inhaler." A sigh of relief escaped her lips, seeing her son smiling and a bit better.

 

"I'm sorry if mommy's late. Haraboji needed mommy." She told them, sitting beside Jin. The little boy then crawled to her lap, the same way Mimi did to her dad.

 

"I'll schedule your general check up earlier than normal. You both need to get checked." The twins just nodded, probably aware they could't argue when it comes to their health. And she was grateful of that.

 

"Should I order dinner?" Kris asked, cutting off the silence. He was looking at her with questioning eyes.

 

"Maybe we can just call Mrs. Lee." She suggested but he agreed nonetheless. Minutes later, she got on the phone with their ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter