*24

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24


It has been a couple of days after they arrived back in Seoul. And with a few days off of work, Hyuna's work was piled up. She was sure it wasn't just her. Even the others. Running a conglomerate ain't easy, even with helping hands here and there. And she had to make sure she was coping up with it. 

She just came back from an hour long meeting and a box of Marcolini chocolates on her table welcomed her back in her office. Obviously, it came from Kris. Since they came back from Jeju, she would always receive little gifts from him. Chocolates, flowers and coffee. Just like how they were before. 

And aside from those little surprises, she always see him every day. He already made it his duty to pick up the kids from school, much to their excitement. Kris would always be with the twins whenever she would arrive home. And ever since Jeju, he didn't skip a dinner at their place. It was as if he was living there as well with him. 

"Miss Kim, young master Wu is coming in." Her intercom buzzed and before she could even react, Kris walked in. 

And might she add, he looked dashing as ever. The sleeves of his black shirt was rolled up, his tie loosened and a smile on his face. It was annoying how she would always be caught offguard just by his presence. She was acting like some love struck high school girl over him and that was never appropriate. 

"Hi." He greeted, stopping in front of her table. 

"H-Hi." Hell, she even stuttered. Her heart beat wasn't normal, her cheeks slowly warming up. Kris' old effects on her were starting to come back. And it would be impossible for him and their friends not to notice.

"I made reservations somewhere tonight. We can pick up the twins from school then have dinner." He told her, like she had no options of saying no. 

Will she even say no? 

"What's with tonight?" She can't help but ask, a small frown on her face as she tries to remember any events that day. 

"Nothing special. Hyunmi just requested for pasta for tonight." It was obvious how the kids were being spoiled by Kris, but she couldn't really blame him. He was making up to them. 

"You do know your daughter has a nickname right?" She pointed out and he only smiled. She noticed how he always addressed the two by their real names. And not once she heard him call them by Mimi and Jin. 

"Your secretary told me you're all set for today. Come on, the kids will be out soon." Of course, she would have no choice but to just go along with him. Exactly how Kris do things.

He plans right ahead. Always his best foot stepped forward.

"Alright. Just give me a minute." She sighed to herself and started packing her things. While doing so, her eyes drifted to the box on her table. 

No confirmations were needed. She knew it was him. But she wqs curious. Why was he sending her those gifts?

"Kris. Why are you doing this all of a sudden?" She couldn't help but ask the intruder inside her office. And she wasn't expecting for his answer. 

"Do I need to have a reason to give you things? Even before? I don't. Just like the old days." A hint of smile was lacing his voice but she didn't know how she would react. Not at all. 

 

"Mommy! Daddy!" Mimi couldn't hide her excitement seeing both her parents standing by their school lobby, waiting for her and her oppa. She wasn't expecting for that surprise at all. 

"Hi baby." Her mom smiled at her, crouching down to her level to give her a kiss. Her oppa followed behind her, tackling her mom as well with a hug. 

Her dad greeted them too, her ending up in his arms. It was one of her happiest days. To have their mom and dad pick them up from school together. Everyday, ever since their dad came home, he picked them up and drive them home from school. But not once, he came with their mom.

Not until that day. 

"Where are we going?" She heard her oppa ask the question she's been meaning to ask. Her dad has her in his arms, carrying her as they walk back to the car. 

"We're going out for dinner." Her dad answered, smiling at her then at her brother. It wasn't new anymore to them having their dad join them for dinner. But it would be the first time that they'll be eating dinner altogether somewhere than their house. 

"And how was your school today?" Mimi turned to look at her mom, a huge smile plastered on her face as she started her stories about her day. She was telling them about how they learned something new in Math when they finally reached her dad's new car. Of course it already has their car seats. 

But what made her burst into fits of giggle was the beautiful bouquet of flowers that was sitting on the backseat. Her eyes were wide as she looked at her dad, her smile not faltering. 

"Is that for mommy?" She asked and her dad only nodded, a smile on his face also. Craning her head, she saw her mom watching them through the rear view mirror. 

"You gave mommy flowers?" Her oppa asked again, who was smiling as well as his eyes darted back and forth from their parents. 

"The flowers are so pretty~!" She beamed, her eyes marveling on the beautiful arrangement that was in between her and Jin's car seats. 

Maybe, her parents really loved each other and were just really shy to show it. But now she's sure they do. 

"Can we eat ice cream after dinner?" She voiced out as her dad started driving out of the school premises. 

"Only if mommy says yes." She caught her dad's eyes glancing at her. It was her oppa who soon asked their mommy to say yes. 

That day calls for celebration. And that means ice cream! 

"Please mommy?" Without any hesitations, she batted her eyelashes beautifully to pull off an aegyo no one can resist. 

"When did I say no to my babies?" Her mom said, smiling at them. 

"Did you know mommy has lots of aegyo too?" What her dad said actually surprised her. Her samchons and shushus tells them also about it but they barely believed it. Yes, her mom's really pretty but she's never seen her do aegyo.

"Jinjja?" Jin asked from beside her, even poking his head at the front. 

"Well, our little princess here obviously got that from mommy and no one else." Her dad chuckled, and even her mom. 

Ever since they got back from their Jeju trip, her and her oppa noticed how their mom changed. Before, she barely talked to their dad. She wouldn't even smile at him, even for a bit. But now, she was already smiling more with him around. 

 

The car ride was loud, the twins talking about their day nonstop. Hyuna was already used to it and obviously, Kris too. Almost half an hour after, they stopped in front of a fancy Italian restaurant, which happened to be Mimi's favorite one. And seeing the place made her daughter giddy and excited. 

"Come on baby." She held her hand out to her son, who gladly took it, joining her side as they walked to the entrance. A maitre met them by the door, leading them to a booth that was reserved for Kris. Her daughter remained clinging onto Kris, who was carrying her in his arms. She had seen it already before, when she gave birth to the twins. Mimi will obviously be a daddy's girl and Kris spoili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter