4

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to tell mommy!" The little boy scolded his twin sister, who is younger by 5 minutes. 

 

"No oppa! She's gonna get mad." The girl pleaded, staring at her brother with those puppy eyes. 

 

"I will." He sternly answered, with finality on his tone. 

 

They were inside their shared bedroom, separated in half by colors pink and blue. A pink princess bed on the left side while a car themed bed on the right. A small play area located on the middle beside the huge window, with variety of toys scattered. Each side has a book shelf housing their books and their study desks as well. 

 

"Oppa~ No. She won't let me play outside anymore." She pleaded again, sitting on the car themed bed beside her brother who was pretending to be busy reading his favorite book, a kiddie book filled with pictures of different kinds of animals. Both kids are fascinated by nature making their mother purchase them lots of animal related books for kids. 

 

"You shouldn't really play outside. You almost got lost earlier. And you even talked to a stranger. You know that's mommy's number one no no." The little boy shook his head, closing the book and finally facing his pouting sister. "You're gonna get a time out for that."

 

And fear registered on the little girl's face. Time out only means that they can't go out and play at all. Both of them never liked having time outs. Which is the main reason why they both listen carefully to their mother and nanny. 

 

"But the stranger was really nice oppa. I wasn't scared of him." The little girl admitted, fiddling with her fingers. She remembered how the nice Mr. Stranger look at her so dearly and reminded her how she should be careful. According to their mom, they should never talk to a stranger. They've read stories where kids who talks to strangers gets kidnapped. And they didn't want to be like those kids in the story.

 

"You weren't scared?" The boy asked his sister, making sure he heard right. He was answered by a small nod. Knowing his sister, she could be a scaredy cat. 

 

Despite their young age, both kids grew up very smart. By the age of three, they were able to speak clearly and surprisingly very fluent. And when they turned 5, they were already able to read. What makes them ever more special was the fact that both kids were able to speak English and Mandarin so fluently at the age of 5 also. It's just been a year of them having special lessons for the mentioned language and they're already mastering it. And at their age of 6, they were able to speak, read and write in 3 languages; Chinese, English and Korean. Also both kids are active in extracurricular activities that they picked on their own. the little girl choosing piano and ballet while her brother chose violin and playing soccer.

 

But there's another thing that they specially share. Their passion for arts. Everyone who knows the kids can tell that the two can draw and paint very well. 

 

"Mimi? Jinjin?" The two kids turned to the door upon hearing the sweetest voice ever, which belonged to their mother. They both jumped out of the bed to welcome their mom with a hug. 

 

"Mommy!!" The two exclaimed happily the moment they were confined around their mom's embrace. 

 

"What happened earlier Mimi? Nanny Jung told me you got lost. Where were you baby girl?" The two gave each other a look, making the little girl pout and the boy worried about her. He never really intended on telling their mom. If he would tell their mom, she would give his sister a time out and that'll make the latter sad. Being twins, they share a special bond. When one is sad, the other half could feel it. 

 

"S-Sorry mommy. W-We were playing. I r-ran off too far." The girl said, her lips quivering and her fingers laced together as she stood in front of her mom with her head bowed down. Even his brother did the same, standing side by side with her.

 

"I'm s-sorry too mommy. I didn't w-watch out for her like you always tell me." Even the little boy bowed his head, feeling sorry for not being able to look over his sister. Everyday, their mom would always remind him to look out for her since he's the oppa. And it's his duty since their dad isn't there with them.

 

Having their heads bowed down, the two weren't able to see that smile on their mother's lips. They were waiting for her to tell them that they have a one hour time out but it didn't came. Instead, she just hugged them together, squeezing them softly around her arms. The warmth of their mom's hug never failed to comfort the two of them. Especially at night, whenever they sleep with her. Both could still remember how their mom would always ask them to sleep with her inside her room, and they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter