*32

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32


The rain poured non stop; just like her tears. And the weather seemed to sympathize with her. The morning was gloomy; quiet and very dull. Not even when Hyuna had the kids sleeping beside her.

Last night was a nightmare for her. And she thought the pain would subside finally, once she wakes up. But it didn’t. The pain remained in her heart. It still feels as if someone had tore her heart out completely.

“I’m sorry, for being so stupid. For believing the lies she fed me. And I know my apologies will never be enough. But, please hear me out babe. I love you Kim Hyuna. You and the kids. I really do.”

His voice message kept on playing in her head. When the twins finally surrendered to sleep, she cried freely. And came his message.

 

How can she believe in his words again after everything? How can she open up her heart to him once more, when he’d already scarred it so bad. Everything about last night was just so painful.

 

They were supposed to celebrate all the good things last night. But it ended up as a disaster.  

 

All night long, she was kept awake by too many thoughts in her head. Her tears should’ve dried out already; but it was unstoppable. Every time she’d close her eyes, she would see Jinah’s taunting face. And it would remind her how one lie ruined her life. How Kris betrayed her; turned his back on her.

 

And her kids. The look of confusion on their faces as they watch the both of them, screaming at each other. It pained her even more.

“I love you mommy. And I love daddy too. Please stop fighting.” If only her daughter’s wish was a simple reconciliation. But who was she kidding?

It wasn’t a simple one. It was the ghost of their past, haunting them once again.


 

“Mommy. Breakfast is ready.” Jin gently shook his sleeping mom, with his sister on the other side. It was past 9 in the morning already, and their mom was still asleep.

They weren’t used to that. Normally, their mom would’ve been up already and has joined them for breakfast. Even their dad. He was supposed to arrive hours ago. But no one came. The living room and kitchen were both empty. No one was there.

“Mommy.” His sister tried again, wrapping her tiny arms around their mom, who was bundled up underneath the thick comforter. And surprisingly, it seemed to work. He saw the hopeful smile his sister had when their mom peeked from under her comforter, only to see a sad smile on her face. His sister's face fell, her reaction making him feel bad too.

“You go ahead baby. Mommy’s not hungry.” And he could tell his mom was lying.

She was sad; her eyes puffy from crying. Of course he knew she was crying the entire night. He could hear her while pretending to sleep.

 

Hearing his mom cry, it also made him want to cry. But he didn’t want his mom to worry even more. He already knew his mom has a lot of things in mind. And he didn’t want to add up anymore. Especially when his parents obviously had a fight.

They heard everything. They were both awakened by their shoutings; and it honestly scared them. The way how their mom was screaming at their dad, it was frightening.

“Okay mommy. We love you.” His sister softly mumbled, as she gave their mom another hug, which he did as well.

“Please stop crying mommy. We love you.” He whispered against the bundle of comforter, and he could tell his mom heard him.

 

She started crying again, obviously trying not to let them know as she softly mumbled that she was okay.

 

And he knew she was lying. He could tell.

 

 

“Is daddy not coming today oppa?” His sister asked, the two of them eating their breakfast alone.

He shrugged, glancing outside. Through the opened door heading to the garden, he could see the rain pouring. It only made things gloomier that morning. His dad promised to take them out to the park to play soccer. But he hasn’t arrived yet. And it was raining.

 

And his mom was crying, locked up in her room.

 

“Ahjumma. Can you make mommy breakfast?” He turned to the kind lady who worked for them. Even the look on her face was enough to tell him that something was wrong.

 

“Alright. I will.” She smiled at him, then excused herself before going back to the kitchen.

 

He and his sister continued with their breakfast, none of them talking. He wasn’t in the mood. And he could say the same thing for his sister. It was something he wasn’t used to. Not when every morning, his sister was usually be lively and noisy. Hyunmi was normally a loud chatterbox.

 

And their parents, normally joins them for breakfast. But not today, he told himself, sighing.

 

“Hyunjin? Hyunmi?” The familiar voice called out, making the two of them turn their heads towards the door. They heard footsteps drawing close, and they turned to see their dad entering the room. A small smile was on his face, as he walked closer to them.

 

His dad wasn’t in his usual behavior either. The smile on his face wasn’t the same one he would wear whenever they would greet him.

 

“Where’s mommy?” Was his first question. Soon enough, Mimi had climbed out of her seat and into their dad’s arms.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter