*23 2/2

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna woke up feeling something warm and soft cuddling her. It was like waking up next to a big teddy bear, who was craddling her. And because of it, she had a wonderful sleep. 

What was weird is that the teddy bear won't even let her move. Peering her eyes open, a pair of arms were securely wrapped around her waist, causing her heart to jump.

It couldn't be. She told herself, trying to convince herself that she was dreaming. 

But she wasn't. 

Peacefully sleeping next to her, was Kris, the very owner of the arms around her waist. Their faces were mere inches apart, and she could feellittle butterflies swarming her stomach. The same feeling she had everytime she would wake up next to him in the past. 

And somehow, it was weird being that close to him after so long. 

Trying her best to slip out of his grip, she totally forgot how he was a light sleeper. Her tiny movements caused him to stir in his sleep, soon he was already squinting his eyes because of the sunlight. 

She quickly rolled out of bed as soon as his arms were removed from being wrapped around her. Her cheeks were warming up, and she couldn't look straight at him after what happened.

"Where are the twins?" Kris asked hoarsely, not even bothered by the fact that he woke up cuddling next to her. 

That was the only time she remembered about the kids. Glancing around, there were no signs of them. 

That was weird. 

"I have no idea." She muttered, getting up. "Maybe they're down for breakfast." Kris only nodded and she excused herself to do her morning routine. 

Splashing cold water on her face, she glanced at the mirror. She wasn't mistaken at all. Her face was red as tomato, and her heart beat still racing. What exactly happened to her?

Yes. She loved him still but that doesn't mean she would instantly forgive him. It was hard enough for her to actually think she would forgive him. But it was hard not to. She loved him. Always will. 

After taking her time in the shower, she walked in on a very quiet kitchen. Only Kris was there, facing the stove as he was frying something. 

"Where are they?" She questioned, looking around. No one was at the balcony or even at the beach. 

"They're all gone. With the twins." Kris glanced at her, a small smile on his face. "I made breakfast. Omelette good with you?" 

She meekly nodded and sat on a stool. 

How can they leave the two of them alone? Yesterday was okay, she was with the twins. But not today. She was freaking alone with Kris. Only the two of them. 

What are they even trying to do?

"Your frown is too early. Here." She was a bit startled hearing his voice so close to her. She didn't even notice he was already standing across her the kitchen island, sliding a plate of omelette in front of her. 

"Found this earlier." He added and showed her a little note. Again. 

'Your kids kidnapped us. -HZT' 

"Sometimes I wonder how your kids can be so manipulating." Rolling her eyes, she shook her head and set the note aside. 

"They're your kids too. And obviously, they got that from you." Kris playfully scoffed, starting on his breakfast. She did the same, slowly picking on her food to inspect it a bit. 

"Cheese and milk and pepper. Did it the way you prefer." Kris might have noticed what she was doing, and assured him instead. 

"Thanks." She took a bite and the familiar taste hit her buds. How can Kris still remember things she liked? 

How can you remember the things he liked or not? A part of her threw the question back at her. 

"Can you try calling Joonmyeon oppa to check on them?" She then asked Kris, looking up from her food. 

"I would love too. But I can't." Her brows furrowed in confusion at his answer. 

Another note was slipped across the island counter. 

'And btw, they kidnapped your phones too. -BBH'

"Definitely, your kids." She sighed, stuffing another mouthful of her food in . Inwardly, she was panicking. How was she supposed to remain sane for a whole day and alone with Kris? 

"The weather's nice for a swim. You wanna go out after breakfast?" Kris was busy picking on his food when she looked up. But of course, he was asking her and no one else. 

For a minute or two, she debated with herself whether to say yes or ignore his offer. She could use the time alone to think about everything. But a part of her mind won't let her pass. Maybe with that time they'll spend together, it could be the start of everything. 

Didn't he say, he'll do his best to make it up to her and the twins. It could be one of his ways. And she wasn't heartless not to give him a shot. Not only for her but mainly for the kids. 

"Uh, sure." She added a small shrug and finished her food, just the same time Kris was done with his. Offering to wash the dishes, she let him use the bathroom first. She lingered in the kitchen for a while after she was done with her chores. 

Kris just came out of the bathroom when she stepped in their room, wearing his black board shorts and a thin white vneck shirt. It took her a few seconds to get her mind straight, Kris' appearance taking her by surprise. Even before, it gives her quite the hard tome to get used to his ever majestic appearance. 

"I'll be downstairs once you're done." She only nodded at him and went on with getting ready. Slipping out of her pjs, she put on a white two piece bikini, with a bandeau style top and put on a sheer cover up that ended mid thigh. Not that she's bragging, but she knew she looked good.

Ever since, she had confidence in her body. And with two kids, she was still fit. She was proud of that. 


The beach seemed to be crowded than it was the past days. And it has to be the same day when Kris finally had the chance to spend it with Hyuna. He wasn't oblivious to the stares that she was getting. Because him himself can't take his eyes off of her. Guys were oggling at her, admiration on their faces. And he hated that. 

He was possessive. Especially of her. 

"Are you comfortable here?" He couldn't help but ask her, thirty minutes into their sunbathing. They had brought out two huge beach towels and laid it on the sand, side by side. 

"Yeah. Thanks." She mumbled, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter