3

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a good of ten minutes staring at the direction where the little girl went off to, Kris decided on heading back to his car. He's 20 minutes behind his meeting with his friends. And while driving, he couldn't erase the image of the little girl in his mind. The very moment he saw her eyes and face, he felt his heart skip a beat. He surely had no idea why. Even why the little girl seemed familiar to him.

 

And when she hugged him, he could feel something stir inside of him. 

 

And a small part of him wanted to know why.

 

 

Reaching the restaurant where he would meet his old friends, his heart started to feel weird again. The thoughts about the little girl temporarily left his mind and was replaced by excitement. Because finally, he would reunite with the people he treated and will always treat as his brothers. 

 

He could hear their loud exchange of stories by the door and he felt cold sweat breaking out of his skin. Heaving a deep breath, he finally slid the door open, revealing 11 pairs of eyes welcoming him.

 

"Hyung. You're back." The 26 year old Chanyeol greeted him, breaking the silence caused by his arrival and gave him a pat on the back the moment he entered the booth that was reserved for them especially. After 6 years of no communication at all, he was reunited with his friends, his brothers.

 

They were a total of 12. He was the second in command, as what they like to call him. Being soccer teammates during their high school days, they were able to build an unbreakable camaraderie. Even when they graduated and entered college, they still stuck to each other.

 

It all just changed when he left. But seeing how they all look, together and all, seems like nothing has even changed. The brotherhood was still there. The friendship remained. 

 

"Finally. About time you show up again." The leader, the mighty Kim Joonmyeon gave him a firm handshake, giving him a gentle smile. Among his 11 brothers, he was closest to Joonmyeon. He was his bestfriend. A friend, a brother, and sometimes a father to him. Despite being younger by a few months, Joonmyeon was able to be a big help for him. 

 

"Welcome back hyung." 

 

There were lots of welcome back greetings thrown at him by his brothers. And he hugged each one of them. He truly missed each and every one. He was glad that they still welcomed him after what he did, leaving them behind.

 

"Six years hyung. How are you?" The now 24 years old Sehun, their maknae asked him. He could still remember how skinny the young man was, but he was a strong one. Never judge a book by it's cover, way too much applicable for Sehun. And he's just the best definition of a bachelor. Maturity did it's job very well, not only with Sehun but also with the others.

 

"I've been..."

 

He stopped midway. How was he supposed to describe the past six years? Okay? Fine? Definitely not happy. Because it has been hell, pure torture for him. 

 

"Fine." He added, offering the curious pairs of eyes a small smile.

 

"We're so glad to have you back hyung. Finally, we're complete." The second youngest, Jongin, said with sincerity and pure happiness. The warm welcome of the guys sure did make him feel at ease. He never thought they could still welcome him with open arms, and no grudges at all. 

 

After they had all settled down around the huge table, the food was served. And like they always do, they enjoyed devouring the food like just they were still in high school. Laughter erupting from their table every m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter