*27

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kris. Are you even listening to me?"

 

"Huh?"

 

Kris was pulled out of trance hearing Joonmyeon call his name, probably for the tenth time. But his mind was somewhere else.

 

It was still wandering from that night at the hospital. He was given a rare chance to hold Hyuna so close to him and he didn't let it pass. Six long years, he waited. And everything felt the same.

 

It has been a couple of days already, but the memory remained fresh and instilled in his head. Like some kind of movie scene, on loop. It kept playing in his head, always a little smile on his face.

 

He missed her. Hell, it was pure torture for him. They were always together, but not once he was able to hold her close to him. And it was something he'll love doing forever.

 

"Kris. You need to listen to me. This is important." Joonmyeon was too obvious with his frustration already and that was the only time he noticed that his friend was speaking with urgency. It made him frown.

 

What the hell is going on?

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"KCC is on the verge of falling down. Bang Electronics suddenly pulled out every dime of their stocks. Kim Corporation invested 60% of its stocks on their latest project with BE. And with them backing out, KCC will go bankrupt." Joonmyeon was intently staring at him, his voice laced with concern and anger.

 

He would feel the same. Heck, he was already feeling it. KCC was, and remains, the toughest business in South Korea. And he won't let Hyuna's hard work go down to waste.

 

"You know that's not possible." He could feel Joonmyeon giving him an impassive look.

 

"It's already happening. They're gonna lose it all. All chains of business they have, invested on that project only to end up like this." Even his friend looked furious.

 

It was something he understand why. Hyuna was a dear friend to them. His friends treated her like their own sister. And they love her, as much as he does. Especially now that they were too attached to the kids.

 

He let Joonmyeon continuously talk as he thought of a plan in his head. Hyuna needs him. She needs her the most.

 

It wouldn't just be for the company itself. But it would also benefit the kids.

 

"We'll invest 20%. The boys has agreed to it." Joonmyeon added. But he knew it won't be enough.

 

He needed to step up.

 

"I'll talk to Hyuna." He said, getting up from his chair.

 

He made up his mind. He'll do everything to save Hyuna and everything she worked hard for.


 

Nightmare. It was what welcomed Hyuna that morning she stepped inside her office. Calls from department directors, stock holders and managers were waiting for her. And a bad news.

 

Everything was in chaos.

 

The company's stocks dwindled. It was a downfall. A huge one. They have lost 60% of the company's total networth after their recent partnership failed. Their investor suddenly pulled out. They decided to gamble almost whole of their corporation only to lose that easily.

 

She just can't let that happen. Not when everything was going so smoothly. She needed to fix it.

 

"Noona. Are you okay?" Sehun asked from the other line. She just finished talking to one of their consultants when Sehun's call came in.

 

"I'll be fine Sehun-ah. I just need to do a lot of talking." She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

 

"Joonmyeon hyung and Luhan hyung's on their way there with the papers. Everything's going to be okay noona." The youngest member of the board consoled her and she couldn't be any more grateful that she has them.

 

"Thank you Sehun-ah. You guys has done too much for me."

 

"Anything for you noona." Knowing that she's very much occupied, Sehun ended the call with another set of comforting words.

 

She was going through her emails when the door opened, revealing her secretary who looked grim as well. He knew the hard work they all invested on this project, and it only came to waste.

 

"Mr. Bang is here agassi."

 

The devil himself has arrived, she thought. After instructing him to bring their visitor in, he left. Seconds later, the door opened again and Mr. Bang Yongguk walked in.

 

The same guy who offered the project then later on pulled out of their deal. She badly wanted to scratch his eyes out, but she needed to stay calm. She needed to be professional.

 

"Mr. Bang, a pleasure to see you." She faked a smile, shaking his hand as she greeted him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter