8

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been almost a week since Hyunmi told Hyuna about her upcoming solo performance for their ballet recital. And being the proud mom that she is, she can't help but be excited. She may be a bit young to be a mother of two, other people had expressed their admiration on how she brought her kids up so well mannered and very smart. They weren't like those other spoiled rich kids. One thing she's really grateful off. Despite being born in a very rich family, her kids had never even showed any side of them being bratty or whining over simplest of things. 

 

It's also been a week since that night when she thought she saw him. She tried her best to push the thought of him being back at the back of her mind. She didn't even think of asking her friends or oppas about him for she might not hear the answer that she wanted. 


"Agassi. The meeting with the Lee's had been cancelled. It seems like the Master Lee was brought to the hospital." Her loyal secretary, Secretary Park informed her with a small smile. It only means one thing, she would have the rest of the day as a free time. And she would be able to spend it with her little ones.

 

"Okay. Just inform them about the next best date you could schedule." She reminded her before bidding goodbye. She's pretty sure the twins would be pretty ecstatic when they'll see her waiting for them outside school. 

 

Smiling, she already had a perfect plan in mind after picking up the kids. They would go to the park where they could watch cherry blossoms, her daughter's most favorite scenery and have an impromptu picnic. She could still remember her daughter's face when she brought them to Japan just to watch cherry blossoms. It was her prize for her for being on top of their classes. And for her son, she let him watch one of Manchester University's game live in Europe.


 

"Mommy!!' She smiled hearing the excited squeals of her daughter as she waited for them by the school lobby. Behind Mimi was her son, smiling so handsomely as well just like his dad. She couldn't help but remember that handsome face she loved as she stare at her kids. They are indeed carbon copies of him.

"Mommy!! You're here!!" Her mind drifted back to the jumping kids in front of her, whose eyes were staring at her with excitement.

"Are we going somewhere mommy?" Her little boy asked as they boarded the car, and sped off to their destination. 

"We're going for a picnic~" She answered, kissing her son's cheek. 

 

 

They safely arrived at the park and gladly only a few people were there. It had been a while since she last enjoyed an afternoon out with her kids. She's grateful that unlike other kids, her twins appreciate nature and often wants to spend their time in parks instead of shopping mall.

 

"Mommy!! Look~ The cherry blossoms are really pretty~" She smiled at her daughter who was referring to the endless lines of cherry blossoms in front of them where they had settled the picnic blanket she brought.

 

"Mommy. Let's take a picture!" It was rare for her son to ask her that so she happily obliged.  

 

Like any mother, spending a day with her kids was enough to make her smile. She couldn't even ask for more. Her kids were more than enough for her. For the past six years, they had been her reason for living. They gave her the strength to move on and smile. He left her with the most amazing gift anyone could give her. 

 

"Mommy. What's daddy like?" She was surprised hearing her son ask her that. It was the first time she heard him ask that kind of question, usually, it would be Hyunmi.

 

"Your dad? He's the greatest man I've ever met baby."

 

"Then why did he leave us? Doesn't he love me and Mimi? And you?" When she turned to look at her son whose head was laid on her lap, she met his eyes. The same eyes he got from his dad. 

 

"He loves you baby. It's just he needed to go away. For something important." Every time she would lie to her children, she would feel a pang of guilt. Especially if it's about their dad. She would always tell them that their father loves them to bits but in reality, he didn't even know that there's Hyunjin and Hyunmi existing.

 

"When will he be back then? Will he watch Mimi's dance recital mommy?" 

 

He's already back. You're just in denial.

 

You know he's back already. A part of her mind kept on saying but she kept mum. He's still at the other side of the world. 

 

"I-I'm not sure baby. Why are you asking these all of a sudden? What's wrong?"

 

"I know Mimi wants daddy to see her dance mommy. She wanted daddy to be there. And I don't want her to be sad. She'll feel bad if daddy won't be there." She felt something clench her heart hearing her son. 

 

"I c-can't promise baby. B-But I'll t-try talking to h-him. Okay?" Her son flashed her a sweet smile, almost the same smile as his dad. It was no doubt how her son would look like in the future. He was the exact replica of his dad when he was the same age.

 

"Thank you mommy!" When he hugged her, she felt guilt washing over her once again for lying. How could she continue lying to her kids? But she doesn't have the heart either of telling them the truth. The painful truth that might affect the kids' lives.

 

 

 

It was a gloomy Monday. Hyunjin watched as the rain continuously pour out and that only means there would be no soccer afternoon with his Minseok samchon. That morning, he was more than happy to attend his violin lessons because they would be playing soccer afterwards. But it seems he would be heading straight home after his lessons.

 

"Hyunjin-ah? Your Minseok samchon's already here to pick you up." His smiling violin instructor informed him. He bowed like the polite kid that he is before grabbing his bag and running out of the classroom. 

 

"Samchon!" He called out, gaining the attention of his uncle who was busy looking through his mobile phone.

 

"Oh. Jin-ah." His uncle smiled at him and gave him a high five as he approached him. 

 

"It's raining samchon. We can't play soccer." He pouted that caused the older guy to chuckle.

 

"It's okay. We can just play tennis in my office. Wii time." He grinned in return, liking the idea. He had played with his uncles a few times back at their office, playing different games in their Wii console. 

 

"Come on. Let's go. You mom only allowed you till 7." Happily chatting about his day, he and his uncle got inside the car and headed back to the latter's office. It seems like it's not a gloomy day anymore for him.

 

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter