11

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All day long, Hyuna's mind was occupied with nothing else but Kris being back home. Truth be told, she was feeling excited and at the same time scared. Every minute that passes by, she becomes nervous even more because Kris might appear by the door all of a sudden. She had no idea on how she would face him. Mixed emotions, that's how she wanted to describe how she's feeling.

"Mommy. Hello!" The voice of her daughter echoed around her office once she answered the video call request. Through the screen, she could see Mimi with her brother inside the dining area of their house. The twins probably just arrived home from school.

"Hi princess. Where's your oppa?" She asked, trying her very best to hide the nervousness she's feeling from her kids.

"Here mommy. Hi." The smiling Hyunjin waved at her, with a slice of orange on the other hand. It seems that her kids were having their snacks.

"How was your day at school? Did you behave?" And her daughter fired away with her stories with enthusiasm in her voice. She could only laugh as her daughter talked, seeing her so excited and lively. Even just a little bit, her worries about Kris were pushed at the back of her head because of her kids.

"I'm going for extra practice for ballet tomorrow mommy." Mimi said before stuffing a small piece of strawberry in . "Because I want to be very good so that daddy will be proud of me." She added once she had gulped down the fruit.

And hearing her daughter speak so casually about their father got her. She promised her son that she would talk to their dad for the sake of her daughter. How could she tell them that it's impossible?

How could it be impossible when their dad is just in the same city as them?

A part of her mind reminded her but she ignored it. She just let the tinge of guilt poke her.

"Mommy? Are you still there?" She looked back at the screen once she heard the voice of her daughter. Her kids were looking at her worriedly and she smiled in return, assuring them that she's fine.

"Tell daddy I'm excited to see him mommy, okay? Bye!" The lively Hyunmi ended the call with those words and she didn't even notice that Kim Jongdae was already standing in front of her table.

"Hyunmi's expecting to see their dad, Hyun?" She looked up and saw her visitor watching her with questioning eyes. And to answer his question, she only nodded. With a raised brow, Jongdae occupied the seat adjacent to hers.

"And why is that? Did you tell them about Kris already?" He inquired.

"No. Not y-yet. Hyunmi requested for her dad to watch her recital. And I accidentally promised that I would talk to him." She admitted, burying her face on her palms. The guilt she was feeling for lying to her kids was slowly eating her up once again.

"Accidentally? Hyun, we all know that your kids are very smart. And witty, of course. Once you promise them something, you know that you have to fulfill it right? Hyunmi would be expecting a lot to see him." Jongdae reminded her, and again, she sighed. Because she knows everything he said were all true.

"I don't know what to do. Here I am, going crazy, thinking if Kris is indeed back or not. I received gifts I often receive from him back then. And I'm certain it's from him and it's his way of saying he's back. I asked Joonmyeon oppa but that grumpy bastard only confused me even more." She ranted, catching her forehead with a hand.

"And why are you confused?"

"Because I don't know what I should feel if he is really back. Should I tell him about the kids? Oppa said I have to. But it seems like I shouldn't. He disappeared on me for six years. That should be enough reason for me to not tell him. Right?" She answered, looking at the guy in front of her, who was just staring at her. "I'm scared. That sums it all up." She added.

She could just directly ask Jongdae about Kris but she had no courage to do so. And she's hundred percent sure, she would get the same answer she got from Joonmyeon. Perks of having smart friends as well.

"Do you still love him?" The question sounded easy and at the same time really hard for her. Saying no seems to be the perfect answer but deep inside her, it's the other way around.

Silence, that's what she answered him. She couldn't fathom the right words to say.

"You're scared. Because you still love him. You're scared because he disappeared for 6 years and he might have found someone else already. You're scared because he might run away again if he finds out about the twins. Tell me if I'm wrong Hyun. Because honestly, that's the only explanation I could think of as to why you're being like this."

She remained quiet, analyzing every word that the handsome devil right in front of her said. Among the 11 god fathers of her kids, only Kim Jongdae could speak of the truth so bluntly.

"Bull's eye." Jongdae smirked, folding his arms as he stare at her. She admitted defeat as she heaved the nth sigh she let out that day.

Admitting that she loves Kris still is a hard thing. For 6 long years, she waited and waited for him to be back. And every day that passed by, her love for him only grew stronger. She promised him that she would wait and that's what she did. And him being back would only put a closure on them. It would break or make the relationship they started.

"You do know that I so want to wipe that smirk off your face, right?" Rolling her eyes, she threw a crumpled paper at him, who only laughed.

"Hey, we all know that you're still madly in love with hyung. No need to hide it Hyun. We've known for so long." He retorted, catching the piece of paper and throwing it to the trash bin.

"You're just confusing me even more Kim Jongdae. Aurgh. Just leave me alone please."

"But admit it, admitting to yourself helped you a bit." Was what he said before he finally bid her goodbye. And once she was alone inside her office, she realized that she did feel a bit better.

She felt it would be easier to face him. And she could proudly tell him that she waited for him.




After a day of what seemed like endless meetings, Kris decided on leaving his office. The sun was starting to set already. Office workers like him were already starting to crowd the streets of Seoul, rushing their way back home to their families and loved ones. How he wished to be like them. That there would be someone waiting for him to be back home, welcoming him with a warm hug.

He could only smile sadly at the thought, mindlessly wandering around with his car.

There was only one girl he pictured doing those for him. And maybe, she already slipped out of his fingers. Thinking of it that way was painful enough. He even had no idea as to why he was driving back to that very place where he'll just hurt himself.

The house that once welcomed him with warmth. For the second time since he came back, he was in front of the Kim mansion, his car blocking the tall gates. And from his car, he watched how the lights around the whole front lawn lit up one by one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter