*19

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being the first one to wake up, Hyunmi sleepily made her way downstairs. Usually, she would sleep in till 10 every Saturday and Sunday. But she wanted to look first for her dad. She was too tired the previous night that she fell asleep even before they went home. It was because of the excitement for seeing her daddy for the first time. And it turned out that he was the kind stranger.

"Nanny? Where's daddy?" She asked, the moment she saw her Nanny Jung helping the kitchen helpers in preparing their breakfast. Everyone turned to her with a surprised look, seeing her up so early.

"Oh. Mimi-ah. Good morning." Her nanny greeted her, smiling as she was lifted up to sit on one of the stool chairs.

"Where's daddy? Is he awake already?" She asked again. But no one answered her. They all kept quiet as they went back to their respective works, even her nanny Jung. With a pout, she wiggled her way down off the stool to check him if he was inside her mommy's room.

"Hyunmi?" Her ears perked up hearing the deep yet gentle voice welcoming her as she entered the living room where the main staircase was. And standing by the door was her daddy, carrying a big paper bag.

"Daddy!" Beaming, she ran to him and gave him a bear hug. The man chuckled at her action, wrapping his arms around her in return before lifting her up so effortlessly. "Good morning daddy." She greeted, even placing a smooch on his cheek.

"Good morning to you too princess. You just woke up?" Her dad was looking fresh and young in his casual clothes. A pair of stone washed jeans, a white v-neck shirt that he matched with a black dinner jacket and his black Chuck Taylor. And Hyunmi couldn't just admire her dad for being so good looking.

"Yeah. Mommy and oppa are still sleeping. But why are you up so early daddy? Didn't you sleep in mommy's room?" She asked with her eyes, looking at him curiously.

"Mimi-ah. You woke up really early baby." It was her mom's voice. She and her dad turned to the staircase and saw her mom walking down, still in her pajamas.



Checking her kids' room, Hyuna was surprised to see that Mimi's bed was already made. And as she was on her way down, she wasn't expecting to see Kris so early in the morning, and inside their house. Mimi was already with him, around her father's arms. It was unusual to have one of the twins up so early especially during weekends. Her daughter must be excited to be up really early.

"Mimi-ah. You woke up really early baby." She said, loud enough to catch the attention of the duo. The two snapped their heads towards her direction, a smile on her daughter's face while Kris remained expressionless.

"Hi mommy. Good morning." Mimi wriggled out of her father's arms to run and give her a hug.

"Good morning to you too princess." She smiled as she took her daughter in her arms, returning her hug and giving her cheek a peck.

"Aren't you going to say good morning to daddy? He's also here mommy." Her daughter pointed out, turning to Kris with a smile. The man standing by the door on the other hand greeted her first, which she returned with a small nod. It might take her a long time before she gets used to his presence around her.

"Agassi. Breakfast is ready." Mrs. Lee, the head of the kitchen staff, came out of the kitchen and informed her. But when the old lady caught sight of their visitor, her eyes widened and a smile on her face. "Oh. Kris doryeonim. Welcome back." The lady greeted, bowing at Kris' direction.

"Good morning Mrs. Lee. It's nice to see you again." He greeted back, a small smile on his face.

"Mommy. Daddy. Come on breakfast is ready. Ppali~" She had no choice but to follow her daughter's lead when she grabbed a hold on her hand while holding on to Kris' as well. The two of them were dragged by their overly hyper daughter to the dining room.

It felt weird having Kris inside the house once again. Giving him a glance, she noticed how his eyes roamed around the place as if familiarizing himself again. Six years after the last time he stepped foot inside their place. The very same house was once their haven.

"What about your brother Hyunmi? Aren't you going to wake him up?" She heard Kris ask Mimi, who was about to sit down on her usual spot.

"Oh. Right. Wait for us okay?" And Mimi sprinted out of the dining room. They could even hear her screaming and calling her brother as if he could hear her from their room. The whole room fell in to silence as they were left alone. She tried her best to ignore his presence but she failed.

"You can take a seat. I'll go check something in the kitchen." She mumbled before excusing herself and marching towards the kitchen which was quiet. Mrs. Lee was the only person inside, reading something.

"Agassi. You need something?" The kind kitchen head asked the moment she saw her.

"It's okay Mrs. Lee. I could manage it." She smiled a bit, turning her attention to the opened fridge and took out the pitcher filled with fresh orange juice. Hyunjin and Kris, yes she still remember, don't drink powdered or even the commercial orange juice.

"For Kris doryeonim, agassi?" Her cheeks warmed up after hearing Mrs. Lee. The old lady still remember as well. She nodded mutely, a thin smile on her lips.

"I'll bring them in for you agassi. I forgot that also that the twins don't drink the processed orange juice. I'm sorry."

"I-It's okay. Just fill in three glasses Mrs. Lee. Thank you." When she returned to the dining area, Mimi and Jin Jin were already seated on their chairs. And they were talking animatedly with their father. The sound of the twins laughing was a melody so precious to her. She could tell that with Kris' presence, they were completely and utterly happy.

"Mommy! Good morning!" Her smiling son happily greeted her, even waving a hand at her.

After giving her son a kiss on the cheek, she went over to sit down. She was already settled on her chair when she noticed that Kris was sitting on her right, which was on the head of the table already. Even when her grandma was still alive, the kind old Kim would let Kris take the seat. It was his usual seat, and no one has ever occupied that seat until then.

"Your orange juice doryeonim." They all turned to Mrs. Lee who entered carrying a tray with three glasses of the fresh orange juice. She noticed Kris turning to look at her but she avoided his gaze and instead turned to her kids who were sitting across her. The two were already eating, enjoying their breakfast.

Not wanting to make her kids worry about her awkwardness with Kris around, she decided to just eat as well and try her best to ignore Kris.



When Butler Seo opened the front door for Kris, the man looked surprised seeing him standing in front of him. Of course he knew the kind butler who served the Kim's since he first stepped in that house.

"Good morning Butler Seo." He greeted, flashing the man a small smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter