*29

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

 

It was unusual that Mimi wakes up early, especially on weekends. Even herself wondered why. What surprised her more, was seeing her twin brother also awake at such early morning. Glancing on her alarm clock, it was only a few minutes past 6.

 

"We don't have school today, right oppa?" She asked her brother, frowning a bit as she recalled the day.

 

“It’s Saturday.” Her brother answered with a slight shake of head. After doing their morning routine, straightening out their beds, they headed downstairs for an early breakfast.

 

Sure they surprised Mrs. Lee that they were up so early on a weekend. The smiling woman then ushered them to their seats while she asked their nanny Jung to prepare them their morning cereals.

 

“And why are you awake so early?” Mrs. Lee asked them, serving her and her brother their morning dose of milk.

 

“I can’t sleep anymore ahjumma.” She puffed her cheeks, not really liking that she was up so early. While her brother looke grumpier as ever, slouching on his chair.

 

It was weird that they’re up very early. They can’t even remember if any of their uncles will be picking them up. They just went out last night and watched her brother’s favorite soccer team play.

 

“Oppa. Are we going out today with any of our samchons?” She asked her brother, wanting to be sure.

 

“No.” He shook his head, focusing on the bowl of his cereals.

 

She sighed for the umpeenth time that morning. It was bothering her. She wanted to sleep more but her body won’t let her. And there they were, having a very early breakfast.

 

“What about mommy? Is she awake already?” She then turned to Butler Seo, who was standing by the table watching them.

 

“Not yet Mimi-ah. They’re still asleep.”

 

She was too grumpy that she didn’t even ask what their kind butler meant. Maybe she can just ask their mommy later on for them to go out. Their dad promised them a date to the aquarium anyway.

 

“Let’s ask mommy and daddy to go to the aquarium today oppa.” She suggested, poking her cereal bits. The latter just nodded his head, obviously pissed off as well.

 

Mimi was almost done with her bowl of cereals when she heard her mom walk in. But much to her surprise, and her brother, their daddy was with her.

 

She never heard her dad come home last night, neither her mom. And she knew her dad would only stay the night upon their request. But there he was, lookimg fresh from bed with their mom.

 

“Daddy!” All of a sudden, she was beaming as she and her brother ran to them, greeting their parents with a hug.

 

“Good morning to you too.” Her dad chuckled, picking them up, carrying them on his arms.

 

The grumpiness they both had earlier suddenly disappeared at the sight of their parents. It was the first time, ever, they saw their dad stay the night without them asking him. Maybe, their parents are already okay. Sooner or later, her dad could be moving in already.

 

He’s finally coming home to them.

 

“Did you sleep here daddy?” She heard her oppa ask. Their dad only nodded, glancing at their mom as they walked back to the table.

 

“Why didn’t you wake us up?” It was her turn. They were back to their seats, Mrs. Lee coming out to assist their parents with their breakfast.

 

“It was already late when we came home. And you guys were sleeping so peacefully. Mommy didn’t want to wake you up.” Their dad calmly told them, smiling at them.

 

She glanced at her mom who looked rather quiet, but she was intently watching them. Though unlike before, a small smile was on her face.

 

“Mommy.” She scrambled out of her chair, walking over to her mom’s side and gave her a hug, cuddling with her.

 

“What’s wrong baby?” Her mom asked her, worriedly looking at her as she got on her lap.

 

“Nothing. I just missed you. I didn’t see you yesterday.” She lovingly told her, smiling up at her mom, whose own smile grew wider.

 

“Ohh. I missed my babies too. Mommy just got busy yesterday. I’m sorry.”

 

She nodded softly, fully understanding what she meant.

 

“How about we finish breakfast first then we can go somewhere?” She heard her dad propose, and with excitement, she nodded as well as her brother.



 

Kris had no intentions of staying overnight at the Kim’s mansion. But he has no heart to leave Hyuna alone, knowing she badly needed someone to hold on to. And he wanted to be that person who will give her the strength she needed.

 

He wanted her to see that she can still put her trust on him.

 

The look on their kids face were undescribable as he and Hyuna walked inside the dining area together. Even him, he woke up that morning with a smile despite falling asleep on the couch. His back ached but knowing that Hyuna fell asleep comfortably next to him was enough to make him smile.

 

“You go prepare now. We’re going to Joonmyeon samchon.” He heard Hyuna instruct the kids as they leave the dining area. The two nodded enthusiastically, disappearing to where the stairs were, heading up to their bedroom.

 

“Hyuna.” He called her and she turned to him, her eyes warily looking at him as he take closer steps to her.

 

“If you need to rest, I’ll drive the kids to Joonmyeon and they can look after them. You can take the whole day to rest.” He suggested, closely watching her. The look on her eyes was enough to tell him how tired she was. But unlike last night, they were a bit lively already.

 

“I’m okay Kris. Besides, I promised the boys.” She assured him, offering him a small smile. He stayed silent, just staring at her. In the end, he gave in anyway.

 

There was no chance for him to win over her; especially when she looks ar him with her bright and shining eyes.

 

“You better prepare as well. The kids will finish anytime soon.” He said, reminding her. “I’ll just meet you at Joonmyeon’s.”

 

She meekily nodded, her bottom lip tugged between her teeth.

 

But as he walked away, he heard her call out his name in the softest way. He turned around to look at her, and she was already making her way over to him. A look of hesitation and nervousness was on her face as she look at him, her fingers fidgeting like they normally do at times she’s becoming a nervous wreck.

 

“Is there something wrong?” He asked, the moment she stopped in front of him.

 

Hyuna remained quiet, but the fidgeting of her fingers continued. The look she was giving was starting to worry him.

 

“Hey. What’s wrong?” He asked again, and being braver, he took her hands with his just to stop her hands from doing those annoying sounds. And he was quite sure, he could calm her down.

 

Which he did.

 

“About your offer.” She started off, her voice soft. Looking up at him, their eyes met and he could see something lighting up her brown orbs.

 

“What about it?” He asked back with slight confusion.

 

“I. I’m accepting your offer.” She breathed out, her voice trailing off till it sounded as if she was only whispering.

 

“The merge. And the wedding.” And the next words came out as whispers. But it was loud enough for him to hear. Though, he thought he’d gone deaf for a few seconds.

 

Despite his confidence, the thought of her turning him down still crossed his mind. But it was the opposite.

 

She accepted the marriage. She’s going to marry him. And the idea itself was enough to make him feel lightheaded and as if he was floating.

 

Hyuna agreed to marry him.

 

He was too happy to think about his actions, that in mere seconds, he pulled Hyuna into a tight hug, pressing her closer to him.

 

It was unexpected, but he didn’t feel her pushing him off. And that made him happier even.

 

With her agreeing, it was like a second chance was handed to him. That was his chance to prove her that he’s become a better man and he’ll be staying with them; like what he has promised.

 

“Thank you. Thank you for trusting me again.” He whispered, pulling away a bit to take a look at her. To his surprise, Hyuna was smiling up at him.

 

The smile that he knew was always intended for him. The smile that showed off her glow; the one that he missed the most.

 

Slowly, she’s becoming the old Kim Hyuna he knew. And loved.



 

The place was half filled when Sehun and Daeun finally arrived. His Joonmyeon hyung’s place seemed to shrink with their friends crawling around. Even Krystal was there, much to Dani’s joy.

 

It was a regular Saturday for them, but wanting to cheer up their dearest Hyuna noona, Joonmyeon planned some sort of family gathering for them. They all knew it would help her take her mind off of what’s happening with the company.

 

“Where are they?” He heard Daeun ask Chanyeol as she greeted their giant friend.

 

“Kris hyung told me they’re on their way.” The latter answered, focusing back on the tv screen where he was battling Jongin and Jongdae in some game.

 

“Hyung. We brought some extra drinks by the way.” He told his Joonmyeon hyung who just entered the living room from the balcony. Given that his hyung lived at the top floor of the building, he gets a pent house complete with a wide balcony where they usually do barbeque at times like these.

 

“Great. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s already grilling. The others are just outside.” Their leader smiled at him before turning to the three who had their focuses glued on the tv. “Seriously you guys? Stop the games. We’re about to eat.”

 

“Just one more game hyung.” Jongin grumbled, letting out a loud groan as his character almost died.

 

A grin found its way to his lips as he saw Krystal marching back to the living room, looking grim. His best friend might be tough looking, but he knew better.

 

“Game over. Now, go help poor Kyungsoo oppa out there.” Krystal flashed her boyfriend a smile that’s too sweet that’s almost annoying, pulling the power cord.

 

“Thank you.” His Joonmyeon hyung grinned, before heading out to the balcony.

 

“Where’s Dani?” Krystal asked, once the boys started packing up the game console.

 

“Kitchen.” He said, motioning to the direction of where the kitchen was. A moment later, Dani joined them as they made their way out to the balcony as well.

 

They greeted the others before helping out finish setting up the table. The foods were lined up on the long table that was laid out, variety of choices. And a normal gathering for them consists of endless meat for barbeque; their all time favorite.

 

Everything’s completely setup when the most awaited family finally arrived.

 

“They’re here!” Tao excitedly announced, hearing the doorbell ring. And being the too hyped one, he ran to the door and greeted the newcomers.

 

Soon enough, Tao came back with the twins clutching on either side of the giant panda. Mimi and Jin were grinning from ear to ear as they ran to their favorite uncles.

 

“Sehunnie samchon!” The little copycat of his Kris hyung ran straight to his arms, as they all expected, while Jin tackled his Luhan hyung.

 

“Eonni!” Daeun, who was beside him and Krystal chorused, getting up from their seats to greet Hyuna and Kris who then appeared by the door.

 

It wasn’t hard to tell that something seemed amiss with the two. Especially when Kris had his hand placed on his noona’s waist. A sight none of them expected to unfold that fast.

 

He met eyes with Daeun, the look his girl was giving him too familiar. They were both thinking of the same thing. And he could tell that everyone were also wondering.

 

What the hell was going on?



 

“Will Sehun samchon and Dani eonni be there too?”

 

“Yes baby. All samchons will be present.” Hyuna glanced at her daughter, who was strapped to her car seat. They were already on their way to Joonmyeon’s place and Kris showed up the last minute, picking them up instead of them meeting there.

 

Everything felt surreal. She still can’t wrap her head around it.

 

She agreed to marry Kris. They’ll be getting married.

 

She said yes to his proposal.

 

“This is also your chance to revive your relationship. You guys never broke up anyway. Basically, you're still together”

 

Joonmyeon’s voice replayed once again in her head, reminding her of the truth.

 

They never had closure.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter