*21

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After bidding goodbye to their dad, Hyunjin and Hyunmi headed to their room accompanied by their nanny Jung. It was another fun filled day with their dad. Ever since their recitals, their dad would visit them everyday. He would even pick them up from qschool sometimes. It has been a week after meeting their dad and they were getting used to having him around already. And they clearly enjoy it.


 

When their mom kissed them goodbye and tucked them to their beds, she quietly exited the room. But the twins were still both wide awake. Hyunjin sneaked to his sister's side, sitting on the edge of her bed. It was one of those night when the both of them couldn't sleep because of something bothering them.

 

"Do you think mommy hates daddy?" He was the first one to voice out. Just looking at his sister's reaction, he knew it. They were thinking of the same thing. With a huff, Hyunmi crawled out of the sheets, sitting with her legs crossed beside him.

 

"I don't know. Mommy used to cry a lot then because daddy's far away. But now that he's here, she wouldn't even talk to him." His twin sister answered, resting her chin on her palms before adding, "And remember, mommy said that we shouldn't use the word 'hate'. It's bad."

 

Every time they were with their dad, they both could notice how their mother gets so quiet all the time. Unlike other parents, theirs seemed to be different. They don't hold hands, hug and be mushy with each other. They don't even talk or look at each other at all. Well, their dad does. But not their mom. And there's nothing else that they want but to see their parents be like those other sweet parents. With their dad still staying somewhere else, they can't consider them as a whole a family yet.

 

"Mommy still keeps a picture of daddy under her pillow. I saw it not long ago." He told her, relaying the whole story how he saw the picture. And his sister listened intently, nodding her head once in a while.

 

"So mommy loves him still, right?"

 

"But I don't hear them saying that to each other."

 

"We have to make them say it to each other then."

 

"But how?" Mimi looked at him, her eyes filled with curiosity as he think of a plan. And a minute hasn't passed by yet, he already had one. With a determined smile on his face, he laid it out to his waiting sister. After telling her everything about his little plan, Mimi was also smiling widely, even clapping her hands in excitement.




 

The airport was filled with lots of people, flying off and also arriving. Tourists here and there, all ready to explore Korea; families excited while waiting for the arrival of their members; and there are people shedding tears as they were saying goodbyes to their loved ones. It was a mix of emotions inside. But waiting on the departure area was a group of people, attracting attention from everyone. Twelve handsome guys, with three ladies who were all eye catching as well, and not to mention two bubbly and cute toddlers, were waiting for their flight to be called.

 

Kris planned a week long vacation for his family in Jeju, including his friends. As much as he wanted it to be only for the four of them, he knew very well that Hyuna might decline. He needed to take one step at a time. Having his friends around would also make things a bit lighter. There would be less awkward moments for him and Hyuna.

 

"That looks better daddy. Look. And it's blue." Kris had Hyunjin on his lap, checking on  new car models. He was planning to buy  an SUV that would be more convenient and safer for his kids. And Hyunjin was helping him pick one.

 

"You like it?" He asked his son, and he was answered by a nod with a smile. They continued checking on other models, while the others busied themselves with their own stuff. Through the corner of his eyes, he could see Hyuna tending to Hyunmi who was dozing off to sleep. According to his son, his daughter woke up so early because of excitement. And her excitement didn't wear off until they have reached the airport.

 

"Can you go to Kyungsoo samchon and show him your choice baby? I'll just check mommy and Hyunmi." He told his son who obediently nodded and took off to the said uncle with his iPad on his hand. With his long strides, he walked over to where Hyuna was.

 

"I'll carry her. She's a bit heavy and you'll get tired carrying her around all the time." He said as he towered over Hyuna, who seemed to be having a hard time carrying their six year old daughter. Spending a few days with his kids, he was able to know them better. Hyunmi never liked sleeping on a sitting position. It would make her cranky when she wakes up. And the last thing he wanted was a cranky daughter, throwing tantrums when they should be enjoying.

 

"She'll wake up if you sit down. I can just carry her." He convinced her, reaching for the sleeping girl to take her in to his arms. And he was actually glad Hyuna didn't protest anymore.

 

As he was taking Hyunmi, his arm accidentally brushed against Hyuna's, sending a jolt of electricity down to his spine. Still the same effect she has on him. And he was sure it was also the same for her. He saw how she stopped, eyes widening as she avoided his gaze. Maybe, Hyuna wasn't really immune of him at all.

 

"T-Thanks." He smiled at her in response, gently cradling their little girl around his arms.

 

Even when their flight was called, Hyunmi remained asleep, snuggling closer to his body. It kinda surprised him how Hyuna volunteered taking care of his board pass along with hers and their kids. She needed no words, she just did it without telling him anything. And he took it as a good sign.

 

"Daddy?" He heard his daughter's sleepy voice mutter as they were walking their way inside the plane. Glancing at her, she was already blinking her sleepiness away, looking around. Probably upon seeing Hyunjin walk ahead with Luhan and Baekhyun, Hyunmi jolt awake and forgot about sleep.

 

"We're about to board princess. You still sleepy?" He asked, fixing her bangs out of her eyes.

 

"No. But I want to go to oppa, daddy." She requested, pointing at her brother who was already clinging on to Luhan.

 

"Okay. Don't run okay?" Reminding her, he gently placed her down on the ground. With a nod, Hyunmi tried to catch up with her brother, calling his attention to stop him. He watched how his two kids walk hand in hand inside the plane, Hyunjin carefully assisting his sister as they walk up the metal stairs, with his friends following behind them.

 

"You can sit with Jin. I'll take Mimi." It took him a few seconds to realize that Hyuna's talking to him. He turned to her to answer her but she already brushed her way past him, following the others. It might probably take him longer to have Hyuna warm up again. How can he apologize to her when she would only talk to him if the kids were involved?

 

"Patience Yi Fan. Patience." Joonmyeon, who unknowingly was right behind him, gave his shoulder a light squeeze. He nodded, because he knew he was right. He needed to be patient.

 

And as they were all inside the aircraft, looking for their respective seats, it was chaos. Despite booking the first class seats for them, with his friends present, it still ended up with a ruckus. His kids were even more behaved that Tao and Sehun who were practically arguing about who's taking the window seat.

 

"Daddy. I want to sit with you and mommy and oppa." Tugging at his hand was Hyunmi who managed to squeeze her way past his friends. Carrying her, he looked at the front, seeing Hyunjin being buckled up by Hyuna already.

 

"Okay. Come on. Let's go to them." And with his daughter in his arms, he forced his friends out of his way, earning protests from left and right. Especially from Chanyeol who was shoved face first on his seat.

 

"Mommy. Can daddy sit with us as well? Samchons are all noisy back there." He chuckled at how his daughter made a cute face, turning to his friends who were less noisy as they're all finally settled.

 

"Huh? Uh, okay. I guess." It was obvious how Hyuna was being forced to just agree.

 

"But I want to sit with oppa." Hyunmi added, eyeing the seat where Hyuna was.

 

"You can take the window seat." He couldn't help but in, looking down on Hyuna who had no choice again but to give in to their daughter's request. The only seats left were the one on the other aisle, one for him and supposedly Hyunmi's.

 

"Thanks." She muttered, flopping herself on the seat on the other aisle, the one beside the window. After making sure that the two kids were safely buckled up, he flopped himself on his designated seat. On his right were the kids and Hyuna on his left. When he turned to check on their children, the twins were both huddled together whispering to each other.

 

"Aren't they scared of heights?" He blurted out all of a sudden once the plane took off. Hyunmi and Hyunjin looked very much at ease, unlike kids at their age who would usually throw fits while riding the plane.

 

"No. At the age of 3, they're already used riding planes." It was quite a surprise that Hyuna answered him. But she didn't even throw him a glance, she was focused reading whatever's on the screen of her iPad.

 

"Hyunjin's very protective of his sister." He continued, testing the waters. Without sparing him a glance, Hyuna turned to look at the two kids who were then marveling over the view that could be clearly seen through the window.

 

"He is. And I'm very proud to have a son like him. He never lets his sister cry. Even when they were kids." There was too much fondness on her voice as she spoke. And he could clearly see it. Just like her, he was proud to have Hyunjin as his son.

 

"You raised them well." And with his next statement, Hyuna remained quiet, going back to her own world. Inwardly, he let out an inaudible sigh, leaning back against his seat to just sleep throughout the whole ride. It would be useless anyway. His seatmate never liked talking to him.

Once the plane landed, Mimi and Jin were both excited to leave the aircraft that they literally dragged Hyuna and the still sleepy Kris. Being with them for their whole lives, Hyuna knew there's no use declining their wish for they could be really persistent. Letting them drag her and Kris who still looked dysfunctional, they reached the arrival area where people like them, or more likely the kids, were very much ecstatic to spend their days in the wonderful island of Jeju.

 

"Shushu! Samchon! Ppali~!!" She heard Mimi hurrying up the poor Tao and Sehun, who were tasked to collect the baggage of everyone. No wonder the two were being cranky because of losing a twelve round of rock, papers and scissors.

 

"Yah. Mimi's right. We're losing precious time because you two are slow pokes." Kyungsoo added, grinning as they all watch how the two were struggling to grab the last bag which belongs to Mimi, her baby pink suitcase.

 

"Aigoo. Have you lost your touches? Tsk." It was Daeun, playfully teasing her boyfriend who was already frowning like a kid who was robbed of his candies.

 

She remained quiet on one side, listening to them tease the two while Kris and Jin were busy looking at the former's iPad again. Watching how her son look over Kris' shoulders (as he was standing on the bench to reach his father's height), she noticed how the two were dressed up so identically. Kris was clad in his usual white vneck shirt, stone washed jeans and his casual black Vans sneakers, like her son in white shirt, his denim jeans and Vans sneakers just like his dad. Only Jinjin was wearing his snapback, to which he wore the other way.

 

She had been busy watching the two interact that he didn't even feel Mimi tugging at her hand. The others were already making their way towards the exit, and with a tint of pink coating her cheeks because Kris saw her staring at them, she followed them. And what made her want to just disappear and never come back again was what her daughter suddenly pointed out.

 

"Mommy. Why aren't you and daddy holding hands like them?"

 

"Or hugging like them?"

 

"Aren't parents supposed to do that?" They were surrounded by families also waiting for their rides.

 

The first couple Mimi pointed had their fingers intertwined together while animatedly conversing with their kids. While the second one, to which was on their left, the guy's arm was around the girl's waist, their children busy playing with their gadgets.

 

The twins threw questions after questions. They were even looking at her and Kris with quizzical eyes. Questions that made her cheeks blush the deepest shade of red that she could already be compared to a tomato.

 

Everyone remained quiet, but it was obvious how their friends were trying to stop themselves from laughing. To her right, even Kris was stoned to his position, not knowing what to answer the witty kids.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter