13

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week has started for Hyuna. But for the past two days, it has been hell for her. Sleepless nights, Kris' words hunting her till her dreams. And she was beyond furious because of it. She still couldn't believe that all throughout the six years she was suffering, Kris has been nothing but mad at her for something she didn't even do. All those pictures he showed her were real but it has no malice like what he points out. Jang Hyunseung has long stopped pursuing her and is now settled down with someone else in Japan.

She was thankful that her friends took care of the twins for the whole weekend, and they weren't there to witness how she zoned out all the time just thinking about Kris. And she couldn't risk letting them see her in tears because of their stupid dad. She can't believe that Kris could actually doubt her. It was a hard blow on her. Now that he thinks she cheated on him, how can she even tell him about the twins? She was sure that he wouldn't even believe her. He might just hurt her kids. Being the protective mother she was, she couldn't and wouldn't let that happen.

"A penny for your thought Miss Kim?" She looked up to see Joonmyeon standing by the doorway, watching her with a smile. Her favorite oppa just came in the right time. She sure could depend on him at times like this.

"Oppa. You came." She simply acknowledged, offering him a small smile.

"Of course. I dropped by to check on you. Mimi told me yesterday that you haven't been in the right mood lately. Care to tell me what's up?" He told her, occupying the seat in front of her. Of course, her kids still noticed her weird behavior. If it wasn't for their stupid father, she wouldn't be even like that.

"It's Kris, oppa. I saw him and we talked last Friday night. And it didn't end up well." She didn't hesitate telling him what's been bothering her. After all, it's her Joonmyeon oppa. She could tell him everything and he would listen to her attentively and tell her the right words she needed.

"All along, for six years, he thought that I was cheating on him. It was the reason why he suddenly disappeared, why he cut all his ties with us." She added.

"He already told you?" She frowned hearing the response from Joonmyeon. But even before she could say something, he went on.

"He told me everything when he came back. He was blinded by someone who was trying to ruin you. Even before you get mad at me for not telling you, let me explain. I didn't tell you anything because I want the two of you to personally talk and clear everything out. Me or the other guys aren't in the right place to tell him the truth or inform you about Kris being back. It's something that only concerns that two of you. Because you two needs to work things out for the sake of your kids."

She remained quiet. Joonmyeon was right. The issue between her and Kris doesn't involve their friends. Only the two of them. But how could they work things out when she was that furious because of him? And to make it even worse, he still thinks that she cheated on him. It seems pretty impossible for them to talk without hurting each other again.

And the kids. Again, she was back to her dilemma earlier. How can she tell him about Hyunmi and Hyunjin?

"Oppa. He thinks I cheated on him. If I tell him about my kids, do you think he'll believe me if I say that the kids are his? You know Kris, he loses his rational self when he's mad. And for accusing me that I cheated on him, I think it's best that I don't tell him anything about Mimi and Jin." There was finality in her tone. It was a decision she made for the sake of her kids not being hurt. No one, especially not the kids' father, could hurt them.

"Are you sure about that? Hyuna, they're his kids as well." Joonmyeon was looking at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes. And nothing can ever change my mind. He doesn't have to know anything about my kids."

"You do know that he has right about the kids right?"

"They're not his oppa."

"Are you really sure about that? You're gonna hide the kids from him?" He asked again, wanting to make sure. But nothing, like she said, would change her mind anymore.

"Yes. If I have to bribe all of you to do it and help me, I would willingly do it oppa. I just don't want anything that has to do with him near my kids."

"What if he finds it out himself? That he has kids?" She was caught off guard by his question. But it would be a one in million chance for him to find it out.

"No. I'm sure he wouldn't."

Joonmyeon only nodded, knowing he couldn't do anything about it.

"I will tell the guys about it." He then added, making her smile a little and nod. It gave her comfort knowing that he somehow understands her.

"Thank you oppa." She said, leaning back against her chair. She heaved out a sigh, the stress getting in to her again. "I'm not just doing this because I'm mad at him. But because I don't want my kids to be hurt. We all know that they're both excited to meet their daddy and they'll be devastated if ever Kris denies them. I don't want my kids to experience a heartbreak in such early age. Yes they're smart, but they're just kids oppa." She poured her thoughts out, and just thinking about her kids being hurt already gives her pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter