*30

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a back to back update guys. Go and check out chapter 29.

 

 

 

Chapter 30

 

“Yes dad. We’ve talked to them. Mr. Park will be sending you the documents later on, once he’s done. Yeah. I will, thank you. You take care as well dad. Alright. Say hi to mom for me. Bye.” The call ended, giving her time to let out a sigh of relief.

 

The past few days were hectic, almost giving her no time to breathe. After the announcement, she and Kris had to work side by side to finalize the then on going merge. Meetings and conference here and there; calls need to be made and answered; thousands of employees given the memorandum about the change. And most important of all, discussing the upcoming marriage with their families.

 

The look on their parents’ faces were enough to compensate for the stress she’s been dealing with. The elders couldn’t help but express their joy at the news. Especially her mom and soon to be mother in law. It was no secret for her how Kris’ mom loved her since the very beginning. And their fathers, comrades and now in laws.

 

The two families happily expressed their excitement for the merge that’s going to happen. And as what her father in law said, they’ll be legally in laws now.

 

Soon enough, the whole republic of South Korea will know the upcoming merge of the two of the biggest conglomerate in Southeast Asia.


As her father once said, it was bound to happen that she will wed Kris and have their own family.

 

“Noona. The meeting’s all done.” Sehun wasted no time to even greet her, and immediately reported to her. With the boys help, she was able to cope up with all the works that needed her attention.

 

“I don’t know what I’d do without you guys.” She voiced out, grateful to have friends like them. Not only they helped her with the kids, but also with her work. She’d probably pass out with fatigue without them.

 

“You’re our boss now noona. And we’ll definitely make you proud.” The youngster joked, finally making her smile. She needed that.

 

“And your boss will treat you guys out for dinner tonight. Tell the others.” And as she bid goodbye, the door to her office opened, Kris appearing with a bag in his hand.

Kris. Wu Yi Fan.

 

Weeks before, she would never dare think that this day would actually arrive. Kris, casually inviting himself inside her office, with her favorite foods in hand. Or the two of them, discussing details about their wedding.

 

Things sure do change overnight. Oh, how fast the night changes.

 

But one thing never changed.

 

The feeling of her heart wanting to break free from her chest every single time Kris would smile at her, like it’s only the two of them existing.

 

“I brought lunch. Secretary Park told me you haven’t ate since morning.” He announced, holding up the bag he was carrying. And she already knew her starving stomach was saved.


“Seafood pasta and kimbap. Your favorite combination.” He added next, setting the food on the coffee table, which was set on her receiving area.

 

“Thank you. The boys just finished the meeting. They’re heading back to meet us for dinner later.” She told him, getting up from her chair. The smell of the foods he brought were enough to make her stomach grumble.


Kris was doing good with establishing himself back in her life. He was always there to look out for her; physically and even emotionally.

 

“You don’t have to beat yourself with all these works. Everything’s been settled Hyun. You sure need some rest. Even the kids won’t stop telling you that.” He was looking at her with utmost sincerity, the look on his face stern yet full of worry.

 

“I’m okay. Besides, I’m all done. Yes, everything’s been settled and fixed.” She stopped midway, a bit hesitant to continue her words. She sat there, watching Kris take the foods out of it’s container, oblivious with the internal conflict she’s dealing with.

 

“All thanks to you.” Finally, she voiced out. “I’d probably go crazy without you. And the guys.”

 

And that stopped Kris from what he was doing; only to look at her with a surprised look.

 

They were engulfed by silence, just looking at each other. Her, still in disbelief she had the courage to speak her feelings out loud; Kris, still unable to comprehend what he was hearing, that it was real and from her.

 

“That’s why I’m here. To help you and support you. All the way, and in every aspect.” He was quick to compose himself back, a small smile appearing on his face.

 

Her lips mirrored his, a smile soon breaking out. Somehow, it helped her to open her heart again for him. Everyone was right. If someone knows Kris the best, it was her. She probably knew him better than his own self. And she’d never doubt Kris when he gives you his word.


By hook or by crook, he’ll do everything just to prove himself.


 

“Kris.” She called him out of nowhere, as they were both silent while chowing down the food he got for them.

 

Every day, she’d be surprising herself by her sudden courage. Of expressing herself to him; or by doing things they’ve been used to in the past. Just like how she would call his name so softly.

 

“What’s wrong?” Was his instant response. He’d been nothing but so caring the fast few days; he was even from before, but everything seemed to fold ten times.

 

He would drop anything he’s doing just to attend to her needs; put herself and the kids ahead, before him; and would put her words into consideration before deciding. All the things he’s been doing were enough to let her guards down, and for her to put her trust on him again.

 

“About the wedding.” Of course, they have to talk about it. The two mothers initiated the talk about their wedding when they broke the news to them. And she was thankful that somehow, they left the decisions about their wedding into their own hands.

 

“What about it? Is there something wrong?”

 

She shook her head, not really wanting to scare or worry him. It’s just the an idea was bugging her mind. And she knew, only him would listen to her.

 

“It’s just, I don’t really want it to be so grand or extravagant. I’d rather have a simple one. I mean, just us and our closed friends and family.” She honestly told him, looking at him with hopeful eyes.

 

The look she was giving him; she badly knew how he can never say no whenever she use that look on him. She wasn’t bragging about it, but she clearly has the upper hand. Even from years back. Though she can still use that advantage, till then.

 

She watched as Kris let out a sigh of relief, hearing what she has to say.

 

“It’s no problem with me. As long as you’re comfortable and good with the idea, I won’t protest. I also don’t want you to stress yourself out even more, with the wedding preparation and all.” He smiled at her, and she knew he understood her.


 

“I know this isn’t how we envisioned our wedding before, and I can only apologize for putting us in this kind of situation.”

 

Kris was already preparing to leave her office when he said those, catching her off guard. She looked at him with dazed eyes, not really knowing how she was supposed to respond to what he said.

 

Because she knew he was right.

 

They’ve been talking about marriage since they were in college. And they have planned out a lot of things already; how she wanted it to be held at the beach, with the sunset as their natural backdrop; how their exchange of vows would be witnessed by the summer sea. The romantic feeling of being married with nature as your witness.

 

It was how she wanted it to be.

 

“I’ve still got a long way before I can win your heart back baobei. But I definitely won’t get tired.” He added, the space between them soon disappearing.

She was looking up at Kris, with his towering height overpowering her. Their gazes met, and once again, she was lost in their own world; inside that abyss that was his eyes.

 

Memories of them years ago flashed in his eyes, drawing her in again. They were so happy; so young and full of love. Nothing more important than the two of them being together.

 

“Starting from now on, I will make sure to only put smiles on your face, take care of you, and shower you with the love you deserve. I’m going to make up those years I’ve been gone; replace those sad memories with new happy ones. With the kids, I’m going to make sure that we’ll have the happy family you guys deserve. I can’t promise to be the perfect dad for Hyunjin and Hyumi, or even be the perfect husband for you. But I will do everything to be the best for you guys.”

 

She was left speechless, and the only thing she could do was stare back at him; dazed, as she listened to him. Her tears started to pool around the corner of her eyes, with unknown reasons at all. Her head was blank, clouded by nothing but his words only.

 

“Yah. I just told you that I’m only going to make you smile, and here you are, crying already.” He was obviously trying to lighten up the mood then, but failed.

 

She ended up bursting into tears, much to her dismay. Even Kris seemed to be surprised, not knowing why she was in tears. Not even knowing what to do.

 

“You’re already trying to make me look bad baobei. Not even a minute has passed, and I’ve broken my vow already.”

 

But she knew better. She was in tears not because she was sad; but she was overwhelmed by the sincerity of his words; the emotions he had on his eyes as he confessed.

 

His words caught her off guard, but her actions surprised him ten folds. Without thinking too much about it, she had her arms wrapped around his torso, her face buried against his chest; the tears in her eyes soon drying out.

 

Home. That was what she felt that time. She was home; in his arms.

 

Nothing much has changed. He was still her comfort zone.


 

He wanted to freak out, once the tears escaped her eyes. It has been so long since he saw her tear up. And it has to happen just right after he poured his feelings for her. Doesn’t that make him look like the bad guy then?

 

“You’re already trying to make me look bad baobei. Not even a minute has passed, and I’ve broken my vow already.” He tried to mask his worry with a chuckle. Which failed.

 

He worriedly held on to her arms, gently shaking her to make her look at him. But what happened next, almost made him pass out, with too many emotions eating him up.

 

Instead of her facing him, she took her arms back. He thought she was going to push him away, but he was wrong. Seconds later, he felt a pair of arms circling his waist, a weight pressing against his chest.

 

He was dumbfounded for a few seconds, but composed himself soon enough.

 

His own arms found their way around her, pulling her closer against him. How he longed to hold her close to him once again; make her feel safe against the comfort of his arms.

 

And just like that, the missing piece of him, finally completed his life.

 

Only to be wrecked once again.

 

By no one else but the little devils he considered as his brothers and friends.

 

“Whoops!”

 

“We’re coming in!”

 

“Woah! You guys!”

 

“Serious PDA going on.”

 

“Are they clothed?”

 

“No making out in office premises please.”

 

An inaudible groan escaped his lips, as he felt her arms loosening around him. Soon enough, they both let go of each other, facing the newcomers. A grim look on his face as he met the teasing look on his friends’ faces, while Hyuna had her head bowed down, obviously hiding her watery eyes.

 

“Surely you guys know how to knock.” He scolded them, his eyes lingering long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter