Chapter 3: Words That Hurt Me

BOYS' LITTLE SISTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

BGM:  U-Kiss - Words That Hurt Me

 

 

 

Dinner not as pleasant even the foods was totally delicious.  Seolbi had to sit beside the trouble maker Luhan, while in the other side there’s another one, Sehun. 

 

Seolbi didn’t know when he’s back since she’s busying herself in kitchen.  During the dinner time, Luhan always trying to disturb the little girl.  He sometimes asked Seolbi to take some ketchup, salt, pepper, or anything that could make the younger girl glaring at him, irritated.  This sght made Luhan cheered inside.

 

He even poked Seolbi’s leg with his to get her attention.  But, Seolbi trying to keep calm, and choose to ignore the devil or she’ll get more trouble.

 

“Seolbi-yah.. Thank you.  Your cooking are the best.  Everything so delicious.” Seolbi’s stepfather started the conversation.  They’re in the living room after finish their pleasant dinner.

 

“I’m glad that you enjoying the food.” Seolbi flashed her smile.

 

“I told you, honey.. My Seolbi’s the best at everything..” My mom complimented with her sparkle eyes.  The older man nodded agreeing.

 

“By the way, seems Seolbi and Luhan a bit closer now.  It’s good though since we’re living in the same roof, so I hope my three children will get along well.” He said. 

 

Seolbi laughed inwardly.  Closer? Oh, please…

 

Seolbi glared infuriated at Luhan when he purposely nudge her leg again.  What Seolbi did wrong? Luhan always trying to stick on her wherever she goes like chick following its hen

 

Are there a way to rip him from her side? It was the one that Seolbi was thinking since forever.

 

“And Sehun, you have to be nice on Seolbi too.  You look a little far.  Look your hyung.. They even joke each other.” The oldest man commented while Sehun just put his famous poker face. 

 

Seolbi almost chocked her saliva when hearing what the oldest say.

 

Joke? Each other?  Well I think everything went too overboard. Seolbi thought.

 

Talking about Sehun, it’s really strange since Seolbi first time met Sehun.  He’s so quiet, less talk, less emotion and less smile.  He almost never talks with Seolbi.  His conversation with her could be count with finger. 

 

As Seolbi remembered, only two sentences that blast out from his lips.  It’s when they met at family meeting a week before her mom and their dad married.  He’s just say, ‘Hey I’m Oh Sehun.  Nice to meet you.’  End of story.

 

After that day, he never ever talk.  Even on their parent wedding party, he didn’t talk, smile or at least complain about this wed.  He even didn’t greet the guesses. 

 

Seolbi just saw his blank face, with his lips shut tight.   She thought that his throat was in trouble so he couldn’t speak any words.  Or he’s in a mental disease that haven’t confidence to speak to new people.  But hey, he’s speaking when he introduced himself that time.

 

“Yes dad.  I’ll try.” Finally he spoke, in monotone voice.  His voice rebutted Seolbi’s perspective.  But, he even didn’t seems serious with what he said.  Well, Seolbi didn’t care though.

 

“Well good.” The oldest clap his hands once.

 

“Like I promised at you before, Seolbi.  There’s your present.” He said and give Seolbi a little emerald box with red ribbon on it.

 

“For me?” Seolbi asked innocently while pointing at herself.  Her eyes widen cutely.

 

“Yes.  Open it for me.” He demanded.  Seolbi nodded and move her hand to un-wrapped the cover.

 

Seolbi eyes widen like an orange with slightly open when she saw the thing inside the box.  She looked like a poor who get 100 billion dollar lottery. 

 

Luhan chuckled silently when saw Seolbi’s humiliating face while Sehun just sighed.

 

“You like it?” the oldest asked, interrupted Seolbi’s brain.

 

“Of course she likes it.  Look how amazed she is.” her mom answered for Seolbi.

 

Seolbi still on heart shock.  Her eyes stay still on the present in her hand.  There’s and diamond necklace with green emerald jade on it.  It’s so beautiful and look so expensive.  The necklace sparkle made Seolbi’s eyes shining. 

 

Seolbi’s sure that the necklace one of the limited edition of jewelry ever.  Her mom once told her about it but Seolbi never really pay attention at her.  She thought what the lofty of those jewelry that make everyone wants it.  But now, she understands everything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter