Chapter 6

My Marriage With Mr. Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin huffed as Soo-Rae slammed the door in his face. “What the hell did I do wrong? She really thinks I would sleep in the same bed with her? Psh” he mumbled to himself at the overreacting girl. He his heels and went back downstairs. In all actuality, he only was in her room because Mrs. Kang asked him to go fetch her for dinner.

 

“Jongin, why did I hear Soo-Rae scream? Is she okay?” Mrs. Kang asked as she set down the cooking utensils worried. “Yeah. She is okay, well I think so. She was sleeping and then she started screaming and was sweating and looked pale.” Jongin confessed as he sat down at the table uninterested in the girls sleeping habits.

 

“Oh my!” Mrs. Kim gasped and clasped her hands together. Mrs. Kang sighed as she placed dinner down on the table and took her seat at the head of the table. “Soo-Rae often has night terrors; which is what she probably just had.” Jongin eyes narrowed and turned his head in full attention to Mrs. Kim. He wasn't sure why he was interested in her, but it was certainly something he would remember.

 

“So what I just witnessed was a night terror?” Jongin asked putting a spoonful of rice his mouth. Mrs. Kang nodded. “What does she dream of that is so scary?” asked Mrs. Kim worried about her future daughter-in-law. Mrs. Kang shrugged her shoulders, “I’m not too sure, she doesn’t like to talk about it. She will discuss it with her therapist every now and then, but since it's private, I can’t go in and listen.” said Mrs. Kang glumly. "Therapist?" Jongin thinks to himself.

 

 

 

“Mrs. Kang, I heard a few weeks ago you talk about something passing out? What is that about?” Jongin tries to recall his memory, he was so going to use this information against her. Mrs. Kang looks down at her hands that are cupped together firmly, “I don’t like talking about it to others, but since you are about to become our family, I feel like you have a right to know. Soo-Rae has a bad heart and suffers from severe anxiety and panic attacks. She has to carry around special pills and a inhaler because if something goes wrong and needs to regulate her heart, she could either suffer from a minor attack and faint or….” Mrs. Kang’s lip begins to quiver thinking about the worse things she could imagine.

 

Mrs. Kim hugs onto her best friend and rubs her back telling her that she doesn’t have to continue with what she was saying. Jongin stared down at the table as he recalls the times when Eun-Hye had taken her out of the classroom and down the hallway. Also, when he and Soo-Rae got into a fight at school and left her when he clearly saw her grab onto her heart. His fist clenched in frustration that he should have been more aware of his childhood friend condition.

 

Why is she like that? She wasn’t like that before...

 

 

About two hours has passed and Jongin wanted to escape from the Kang household so badly and head to the club where all his friends were waiting for him, but his mom had a close eye on him. There was nothing f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter