Chapter 18

My Marriage With Mr. Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was waiting for his mother to come over with some homemade porriage for Soo-Rae. He patiently waited by the window until his mother pulled up in their driveway. He walked outside and greeted his mother at her car.

"Look at you being so nice to Soo-Rae" His mother teased as she handed him the rice porriage. "If I ignored her than she would have continued doing things her way and would have ended in the hospital. Its only right that I take care of her" Jongin said and his mother looked at him surprised.

"I've never seen you like this before" she muttered. "Well.... don't get used to it" Jongin huffed and went to turn, but his mother called him back to the car window. "I brought something you and Soo-Rae might like. I found some home videos of you both" Mrs. Kim smiled handing over some tapes.

Jongin thanked his mother and went inside. He placed the items on the coffee table and went upstairs to get the sleeping Soo-Rae from his room. He quietly opened the door and sat down next to her. He gently shook her and called out her name, "Soo-Rae, wake up". The girl moved a bit, but didn't open her eyes.

Once again Jongin shook her awake and she finally opened her eyes slowly. Her vision was blurry and she ached. As soon as her vision cleared, she looked around the room and then at Jongin. "Why am I in here?" she muttered. "You don't remember last night?" he asked. "I do, but.... I thought you would have taken me back to my room" she said as Jongin helped her lay up.

"No, I didn't want to disturb you. My mom brought food, lets go down and eat." he said grabbing her arm and helping her up and regain balance. Soo-Rae stared at his hand on her arm; she wanted to push it off, but if she did than she would have toppled over. Jongin grabbed the blanket on his bed and threw it over his shoulder and helped the girl downstairs and onto the couch.

Soo-Rae coughed hard and sniffled when she saw the porriage on the table, "is that your moms homemade porriage?!" she cooed. Jongin nodded and set it onto her lap. "I love your moms porriage!" Soo-Rae danced happily as she took a bite of it. "You've had it before?" he cocked his head and she nodded, "Whenever I was admitted into the hospital, she would bring me some" she muttere through with a another bite stuffed in her cheek.

"How...often are you in the hospital?" Jongin said slowly. "... Let's... just say I'm a regular." she muttered quietly and then saw the video tapes, "What are those?" she pointed at the stack. "Oh! Home videos. Let's watch them!" he smiled as she went up and plugged it into the VCR.

For two hours, Jongin and Soo-Rae watched these videos that made both of them smile, laugh, and recall the memories of their youth.

"Mommy! Kai ate a bug! GROSS"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter