Chapter 3

My Marriage With Mr. Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo-Rae felt completely and utterly sick the next morning. She wished she never attended that meeting last night. She didn't mind combining the Kang and Kim corporations together, but she did mind that she was being forced into a marriage with Mr. Playboy Kim Jongin. To grow old with someone that you actually wanted to spend your life with was something Soo-Rae wanted, not spend it with some irresponsible douche-bag. There was no way they could get along, they were the complete opposite.

Soo-Rae stepped out of the backseat of the drivers’ car as she gripped onto the sides of her backpack straps. She fixed her glasses and sighed. There were already rumors about their marriage although none of it was 100% confirmed, but she was sure that the entire school would be talking about it. Soo-Rae didn't know how she was supposed to break this news to her best friend... let alone face the entire school that the quiet bookworm Kang Soo-Rae was about to be married to the schools biggest player Kim Jongin; or as everyone calls him, Kai.

Her stomach was in knots and she was getting a little light-headed. She didn't like the public's eye when it came to her personal life. She could just imagine the rumors already that people are spreading about why they were getting married.

As Soo-Rae began to walk into school, the entire student body's eyes were on her. She could feel her face heat up in embarrassment. She finally reaches Eun-Hye's locker and places her head on her locker that was next to her best friends. She let out a huge sigh, but Eun-Hye looked unaffected. "When were you going to tell me?" Eun-Hye said quietly. Soo-Rae lifted up her head and looked at her friend. "About what?" Soo-Rae cocked her head. "About you and Kai getting married! I thought we were friends! Friends don't keep secrets like that" Eun-Hye barked.

Soo-Rae rubbed her face, "I didn't even know until last night either Eun-Hyennie~. I was gonna tell you today, but it seems news spreads fast" Soo-Rae croaked. Eun-Hye sighed and gave in to her best friend, "You promise?" she asked holding out her pinky. Soo-Rae wrapped her pinky around her friends and sealed it, "I promise!” The two friends went back to normal and interlocked their arms in each other’s and left to class.

Soo-Rae put her head down as soon as she noticed Jongin and his group of friends. She quickly pulled Eun-Hye along and into the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude~ the bet was just to either kiss or get in her pants. Not to marry the girl" Chanyeol squawked at the nonchalant Jongin who was leaning against the wall. Jongin smirked and brushed his knuckles on his shirt, "But isn't that even better? I didn't have to do anything to get her to marry me". His group of friends shook their head.

"That's not the bet Kai. You have to either kiss her or get her in bed with you" Xiumin stated, "We all know the marriage is for business. Come on Kai, at least you have an excuse to kiss her in public." Jongin nodded, "That is true. Be prepared to fork over your 50$ each since you just gave me a tip on how to lose your money. Thanks bud" Jongin laughed as he patted his unhappy friend on the back and left down the hallway.

Jongin could hear the group wail on Xiumin for the unnecessary tip that shouldn't have been given. Jongin smiles to himself as he enters class just as the bell rings. Jongin locks eyes on Soo-Rae who is rummaging through her backpack and take the tips of his fingers to graze her cheek as he walks past her.

"I'll make you fall for me slowly. Just you watch Kang Soo-Rae. Not only will I win the bet, but I will sell the company as well since I don't want it. Let's see how you react and see how long you can live with me before you want a divorce." Jongin thought to himself as he went to go sit down at his desk and immediately turning to the girl next to him to flirt.

Soo-Rae turned a deep crimson red color. She felt violated and always tried her best to avoid any contact with males. She could remember the day six years ago when she was ganged up by former classmates and not only picked on, but was violated. She remember her first kiss being taken and also was forced to touch the boys boy. She was thankful that a teacher had stopped what was going on before anything serious had happen.

Eun-hye shook Soo-Rae's trembling hand to break her from her daze. As soon as Soo-Rae's red face was gone, she lost the rest of the color in her face. Although Eun-Hye didn't know the extent of her friends con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter