Chapter 15

My Marriage With Mr. Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo-Rae was once again woken up by Jongin, "YO! Wake up sleepy" Jongin said nudging her. Soo-Rae laid up slowly and rubbed her pounding head. "Are you okay?" Jongin asked at the sickly looking girl. "I'm okay" Soo-Rae said.

Jongin handed over the notecards, "Have you thought about your end of the bargin?" he asked. Soo-Rae thought a bit more, "If I win, I would like...nothing" she concluded and Jongin looked at her dumbfounded. "You seriously don't want anything out of this bet?" he asked and she shook her head.

Soo-Rae shuffled through the notecards, "When was the beginning of the Joseon Era and who was crowned King?" she asked. Jongin paced around, "I believe that is Yi Seonggye in 1392" he said proudly. She nodded her head and continued, "When was the first and second Manchu invasion?" she asked. "1627 and the second Manchu invasion in 1636" he said proudly.

Soo-Rae was quite impressed. She didn't think he would actually study this hard. "In 1950, June 25th, what happened?" she asked as she wiped the cold sweat that was appearing on her forehead. "The Korean War" Jongin smiled. 

About 10 minutes later, Soo-Rae had one card left. One more card before she would have to surrender and go to Xiumins party with Jongin. "Who is Yuk Young-Soo?" Soo-Rae asked and Jongin hesitated before saying "The first lady". 

Soo-Rae clapped for Jongin who was now smiling at his accomplishment, "I knew you could do it". Jongin ruffeled his hair. He wasn't used to Soo-Rae or in fact, anyone praising him over his hardwork; it felt nice.

"So this means I win the bet!" Jongin smirked and Soo-Rae nodded. "Since you wanted nothing in return, I'll actually have a surprise waiting for you there." Jongin said thinking that he would take her on Xiumin's boat as thanks for helping her study. "You really don't have to" Soo-Rae murmerred, but Jongin insisted. 

 

About three days later, it was midterms and Soo-Rae was sicker than a dog. She had the sniffles, she was coughing, earlier that morning she threw up, she had a high fever, not to mention she had no sleep last night. She should have stayed home, but she would have been in big trouble.

When she reached school, kids were chatting about how stressed they were. She only hoped that Jongin had enough confidence and had studied enough to get a high score on the midterm. She slowly slugged along to class and as she passed Jongin who was walking the opposite way, she said "Fighting!" and continued to walk down the hall way.

Jongin stopped and looked back at girl and smiled. He felt so prepared for this test thanks to her and he was excited to show her the results once they came out, but he felt a little worried since all she did was help him study that she didn't get to study at all. 

As the teacher walked into the class, she held in the midterms in her hand. "I all assume you know that today is midterms and a half day. Once you are done, you can leave. This grade % is worth 50%, so do your best" she announced and she began to pass around the tests to everyone.

"You may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter