Hurt

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

SeulMi went and took a shower and put a long sleeve shirt on. The memories of Kai and Luna kept popping into her mind.

“SeulMi,” she took a deep breath, “Everything is going to be okay.” She laid down on the bed, “Just do it how you did it last time.” She looks at a grey knitted scarf.

14 year old SeulMi walks into her room and grabs a gift bag. She runs back downstairs to find Kai. But he was nowhere to be seen.

“Umma.” She went to her mom, “Where is Jong In oppa?”

“I think your unnie and Jong In went out to the back yard.” Suho stood up

“I’ll come with you.” Seul Mi gave him a smile and they both walk to the backyard, “Is that his birthday present?”SeulMi nod shyly

“It is a handmade scarf, it is his favorite color too.” Suho pretends to pout

“I want one too.”

“When it is you birthday oppa.” She smiles as they walk to the garden. She suddenly stops at the scene she saw. Seul Ki and Kai were kissing. She drops the bag and runs back inside.

BANG

SeulMi quickly puts the scarf away and runs downstairs. Kai was at the bottom of the stair staring straight at SeulMi. She saw the anger in his eye as he walked up the stairs towards her. He grabs a hold of her arm and brought her closer to him.

“Where did you go?”

“What?’

“Why did you leave so early?” his grips became tighter on her, “Where you meeting up with somebody?”

“Kai, let go of my arm. You’re hurting me.” She struggled under his grip.

“Tell me why you left.”

“I left because I- I was t-tired.” He pushes her up against the wall, making her hit her head.

“The truth Seul Mi.” his face inched closer to her. She looked away. He takes a hold of her chin and makes her look at him, “You purposely left when I wasn’t looking to go and meet somebody didn’t you.”

SeulMi couldn’t believe it the man she loves is actually accusing her of cheating on him.

“What did I do to you to make you hate me so much?” Kai looks at her, “What have I done?” the tears glimmers in her eyes. “You want to know why I left.” She tried her best to hold the tears back, “It was because I saw you making out with that girl. Do you know how much that hurts me? When I went to the club with you I thought maybe just maybe you’ll introduce me properly. Instead you deny me.” She scoffs, “I guess that is what happens; I’m just still a friend to you after 20 years.” She was able to get her hand out of his grip, “I guess I’ll say it to you while we’re still talking. I know I can never replace Seul Ki unnie but I just want you to know that I have feelings for you.”

“Stop!”  He turns away from her.

“Let me finish.” She said sternly, “I like you Kai and I always did and I will always like you.”

“I said stop!” he slaps her across her face. “I don’t know is what going on up there in your mind but let me tell you this I will never love you. This marriage is only because umma and appa beg me to do it for the company.” He stares at her and goes to the bathroom.

She took a deep breath and walked into the living room. She started to clean, it helped her get her mind off of things.

Kai turns the shower on and let the water drip off his body. He looks at his hand that he just hit SeulMi with.

“Aish.”

 

When Kai woke up the next morning SeulMi wasn’t by his side. He notice the clean basket of laundry by the closet. He went to wash up in the bathroom. He then left downstairs and notice how clean and neat everything was. One of his maid pass by him.

“Did you do the laundry this morning?”

“No sir, I think Ms. Seul Mi did. When we got up this morning she was finishing up the kitchen and cooked breakfast.”

“Where did she go?” he knew it, whenever she got upset she would keep cleaning until there was nothing to clean, sometime she didn’t even sleep.

“She left for work already.” The maid bow and continues with her duties, “Oh sir, Ms. Seul Mi wants you to go and meet with her uncle later today. She said that he wanted to talk to you about something.”

He went to the kitchen and looks at his breakfast. He didn’t touch it and went back upstairs to get ready for work. He looked himself in the mirror and saw the sliver chain on his neck. As he touches the two round silver rings, his expression softens.

“SeulKi.” He sighs, “Bogoshipda.”

----

Seul Mi had bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep. She kept her mind busy.

“June?” she called her secretary through the phone

“Yes.”

“What is the schedules for tomorrow?”

“Nothing madam. You’re free for the rest of the week. But you do have a dinner meeting with Mr. Wu Yifan from KIM Corps about the collaboration project.

“Who?” she thought she was hearing things.

“You have a meeting with one of KIM’s ambassador, his name is Wu Yifan.”

“Where?”

“XXXX restaurant at 7 later today.”

“Thanks. That will be all.” She slowly left her sleeve and saw the brand new mark on her arm. Kai’s whole hand left a mark. The door suddenly opens and she quickly covers her arm. “Ajussi?” She stood up and bows.

“The employees told me you came in early and signed all of the documents?”

“Ne, I wanted to get everything done and processed before the collaboration with KIM.” Mr. Song (ajussi) nods

“Where is JongIn?”

“He supposed to be coming later today.” She paused, “Why did you want to see him so bad?”

“We’re throwing a party for the combining of their family’s company and ours. We need entertainment and dancing. I’m pretty sure he is the best at that. Our girl group is less on person from what I hear.”

“Ajussi you aren’t say that I should-?”

“You’re one of the best dancer we have. It is only right.”

“But what about my job?”

“You can leave that up to June and Luke. Just tell them what is needed to be done and worry about dancing.” He was about to leave, her phone beeps,

“What is it June?”

“Kai is here.” She didn’t want to see him right now

“Let him in.” Kai walks in and bows to her uncle

“Hello Ajussi.” He said with a smile

“Hello there Jong In.”

“Seul Mi said that you wanted you see me?”

“Yes, let’s go to my office and talk there.” They left the room.

 

SeulMi went back home and made lunch to bring to Kai at the company.

“Ajussi I brought you lunch.”

“Thanks SeulMi.” Her eye wonder around the room, “Are you looking for your husband?”

“Ne.”

“He went back to KIM after the quick meeting.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll go and deliver this to him.”

She felt like her head was going to burst as she drove to KIM Corp. Even though they just fought last night it was nothing new to her. When she entered the company she was greeted by a familiar voice.

“Oh Kang Seul Mi?” she turns around and there stood Kris, Sehun, and Suho.

“Suho oppa. Kris ssi and Sehun ssi. Annyeonghaeseyo.” She walks towards them.

“Hello.” They reply

“What are you doing here?” ask Suho, “Are you delivering that to Kai?”

“Yeah.”

“Wow.” Said Kris, “You’re such great friend even making him a lunch box.”

“Chingu?” Suho said. She pulls onto his sleeve and shakes her head slightly. Suho took it as a sign that his brother didn’t let his friends know about it.

“Do any of you guys know where he is?”

“I think I saw him upstairs in the staff room.” Said Sehun, “I’ll show you if you like.” She follows the guys upstairs as they have little side conversations.

The walked in front of a white door.

“Here we are.” Said Sehun

“Thanks again.” Sehun opens the door. Kai was sitting at the table eating lunch with a girl.

“Does that taste good oppa?” she asked and he gave her a cute smile

“It tastes better when you feed it to me.” SeulMi didn’t know what to say or do. Suho notice her stiff figure and was disappointed in his brother.

“Ahem.” Suho clear his throat catching the couple’s attention and bringing SeulMi back into reality. Kai’s eyes focus right on SeulMi. Then he notices her holding something. She quickly turns to Suho.

“Looks like he has already eaten.” She gives the box to Suho and looks at the guys, “Please enjoy it with the others. I’ll be leaving oppa.” She walks towards the elevator.

Suho looks at the lunch box and hands it to Kris and follows SeulMi to the elevator. Kris and Sehun walks and sit in front of Kai and the girl.

“What is that?” Kai asked

“Oh this?” asked Sehun, “Your chingu packed it for you but she seeing that you already ate she gave it to us.”

“Chingu?”

 

Suho walks SeulMi to her car.

“You didn’t have to send me all the way here. Go back and work.”

“I’m sorry about my dongsae. I don’t know what has gotten into him.”

“I’m fine.” She sighs, “I guess it was always meant to be this way.” She smiles

“Why are you smiling?”

“Funny thing is every time something like this happen you always seem to be there to cheer me up.” They both chuckle, “Thanks Suho. You should get back. Say hi to Xiumin oppa for me.” She give him a hug and gets in her car.

She drove off with speed as the tears escaped her eyes. Her head felt like she was being banged against the wall.

♫ Ring♫

She put her Bluetooth set into her ear.

“Hello.”

“Where are you?”  It was Kai

“Heading back to the company.” She strain to say, “Why?”

“Why did you come to KIM without telling me?”

“I’m sorry I just thought-.”

“Don’t do it next time.” Seul Mi took a deep breath

“Yes, Kai.” She sighs, “I have an appointment later today so I won’t be home anytime soon.”

“I don’t care.” He sighs over the phone, “I won’t be home either.”

“Oh.” Seul Mi was a bit disappointed, “Okay. Bye.” She hung up the phone and pulled into a parking lot and closed her eyes.

7pm

Seul Mi wore a black dress with a sliver necklace that her sister gave to her for her birthday. She look at her watch as she waited for the man.

“I’m so sorry I was late.” Suel Mi heard from behind her. She gets up to bow. “Omo” said the male voice. She saw his face.

“Omo, Kris ssi.”

“Kang Seul Mi ssi.” His mouth was as big as a watermelon, “You’re the General Manager of Sujeong (Crystal) Corp.?”

“You’re the ambassador of KIM Corp?” SeulMi was as surprised as Kris was. He quickly bowed to her.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know that you were the GM of Sujeong Corp.”

“It is fine.” She bows, “Come sit.” Kris sits across from her.

“So.” He said

“So.” She looked at him, “I am supposed to talk to you about the collaboration for the mini concert we’re having for the company.”

“You mean with the dancers and singers?” she nods, “Mr. Kim, Suho’s appa, wants our dance group to dance with one of your group.”

“That is fine.”

The spent the next hour talking about the mini concert and eating.

“What about you?” ask Kris

“ME?” she looks at him, “What about me?”

“Suel Mi ssi you’re a wonderful dancer. Why don’t you do a duet with me?” she stunned at his request.

“I-I’ll” he smirked at her, “I’ll consider it.” She smiles and he smiles back at her

“Suel Mi.” she looks up

“Kai.”

“Fancy seeing you here Kris?” says Kai, a girl stood beside him

“What up Kai.” Kris stood up, “What brings you here? On a date?” Kai looks back at SuelMi and then back to Kris. He grabs a hold of SuelMi’s hand.

“Yes, I was on a date but her uncle want her to go home.” He stared at her and she knew that he was angry with those eyes. She grabs her purse bows and was dragged away from the table outside.

 ----

Kai dragged her into the house and into their room. He swings her making her land on the bed. She stood up and looks at him.

“What do you think you were doing?” he walks towards her, “Going on a date with Kris, my best friend.”

“It was a business meeting.”

“Sure just like you do with my brothers.”

“Why were you there with Luna?”

“What?”

“I saw her with you. You think that me going on a business meeting is cheating then what about you going on a date with Luna. What kind of business do you guys talk about?”

“That is none of your business.”

“Why isn’t it my business? I’m your wife Kai. At one point I was your friend.” She walks up to him, “Maybe we aren’t even that. What are we exactly?” she scoffs, “With our family I’m your wife, with your friend I’m just a friend, and when we are by ourselves I’m suddenly just trash.”

Kai stayed quiet as he stared into her light brown orbs.

“You want to know what we are.” He walks up to her, she walks backwards and sits on the bed.

“Kai,” Suel Mi heart was beating as he got closer, “What are you doing?” he traps her in between his arm. He leans in towards her face, they were inches from each other.

“You wanted to know what we are.” He smirks, “I’ll show you what we’re are.” He places a rough kiss on her lips and pins her to the bed. “You shouldn’t be new to this at all.”

 

[A/N]

Sorry I’m not comfortable writing . Use your imagination.

 

Preview:

“Are you so proud of what you’ve done?”

“So what is this thing about you and Kai being friend?”

“Oh so you married your friend, that so romantic.”

“What is this?”