CAN'T BE PT2

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

THANKS TO EVERYONE AGAIN FOR READING. I'M SORRY, I DIDNT INTEND TO MAKE IT INTO 2 DIFFERENT PARTS. IT IS JUST THAT THE IDEAS STARTED TO RUN THROUGH MY HEAD.  HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS AND GALS LIKED IT.


The next couple of days Kai notice how distant SeulMi had become. She wasn’t really acting like her usual self. She seemed upset at him; she also looked thinner. He was getting worried and scared.

Xuimin walks into the office and notice the look on his face.

“Are you okay little brother?” he sat down in front of him, “You seem distracted.” Xiumin smirks

“Hyung.” He looked at Xuimin

“What?”

“Is it possible for a leukemia patient to be diagnosis with Leukemia again?”

“Waeyo?”

“I just want to know.”

“From what I have read it is possible to be diagnosis with it again after getting a transplant. But the chances are slim to nothing.” He saw the surprise look on Kai’s face, “Why? Is there something wrong with SeulMi?”

“I don’t know.” Kai bits his thumb, “I’m a little worried. She hasn’t have much of an appeptite and she has gotten thinner also.”

“Have you talked to her?”

“No…she has been distant.”

“You should talk to her.” He crosses his legs, “She needs you. She probably scared.” He sighs, “Think about it. If you are already this worried about it. How do you think she’ll feel?”

-----

SeulMi walks into her office wiping from just throwing up. The color has been flushed from her face. She goes and sits down in her seat with her eyes closed.

“Breathe SeulMi. Breathe.”

“SeulMi.” Said June, “Are you okay?”

“Umm…not really.”

“Did you want me to make a doctor’s appointment for you?”

“No need.” SeulMi looks at her, “I can make my own appointment June.”

“Did you want me to get JongIn for you?” SeulMi thought for a sec but knew it wouldn’t have been right.

“Aniyo…he already knows about me.”

“Did you want me to get you anything?”

“No thanks June. You can return to work.” June leaves and closes the door. SeulMi closes her eyes again and falls back into her chair and sleeps.

RING RING

SeulMi answers her phone.

“Hello?”

“Is this Mrs. Kim SeulMi?”

“Yes.”

‘This is Dr. Jin calling from Dr.Yoon’s clinic.”

“Is there a problem?”

“No…we just wanted to remind you that you have an appointment with us.”

“Okay thank you.” SeulMi hangs up her phone.

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in.” Kai walks through the door with a smile, “Did you need something?”

“Aniya…I just wanted to come check up on you.”

“Is there something wrong?” Kai goes and sit down in front of her.

“Sue…I’ve notice the last couple of days you’ve been avoiding me; and I want to know what is wrong?”

“I’m just not feeling well.”

“But you’ve gotten so thin and I’m worried.”

“Everything is going to be okay. I promise you as soon as I find out I’m going to tell you.”

“Did you make an appointment already?”

“Yes.”

“When?”

“Why?”

“I want to go with you.”

“JongIn I’m just going for a check-up. Nothing special.” Kai grabs her hand and holds it.

“But you don’t like hospitals…I want to make sure you don’t get scared.”  SeulMi laughs a bit.

“I’m a big girl now.” she jokes, “I think I can go to the doctors myself.”

“Arraso.” He gets up and kisses her cheek, “I’ll see later.”

“See ya.”

------

Xiumin enters his home and is welcomed by ChangMin.

“AP-Pa!” the little boy runs with his arms wide open. Xiumin picks him up and smiles at him. “Bogoshipeo.”

“I miss you too.” Xiumin hugs him, “Where is your umma?”

“Umma is cooking in the kitchen.”

“Let go and see what she is making.” ChangMin nods and Xiumin puts him down. They tiptoed to the kitchen. EunMi was nowhere to be seen. “You said Umma was in here.” Changmin nods

“Umma was making food.” Changmin points to the stove.

“Where did she go?”

 He takes ChangMin’s hand and they walk towards the living room. EunMi wasn’t there either. They walk towards the bathroom and heard EunMi throwing up. Xiumin knocks on the door.

“EunMi.” Xiumin puts his head on the door, “EunMi-ah, gweachah-a?”

EunMi opens the door slowly and wipes . Xiumin was surprise and notice the look on her face.

“Gweanchah-a?”

“Ne.” EunMi took a deep breath, “I think I’m just exhausted that is all.” Xiumin shakes his head.

“Arraso, you go and sit. I’ll finish dinner.”

“Aniyo…I got it.” Xiumin looks right at her and she felt a chill go down her spine and she stops.

“You stay here with ChangMin and I’ll go finish dinner.” With that he left right to the kitchen. EunMi picks up ChangMin and walks to the couch. For some odd reason ChangMin was a little more clingy. He automatically hugs EunMi without her asking for a hug.

“Changmin-a?” He looks up at EunMi, “You want to go visit SeulMi ajumma with me tomorrow?” ChangMin nods.

-----

SeulMi Pov

I went to work as usual and I felt fine this morning. I dragged it, I didn’t really want to do anything except sleep. EunMi asked to visit me today, the last time was when I stayed home. I actually miss ChangMin for some reason…don’t know why?

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in.” EunMi enters the door with ChangMin in her arms, “Hello.” I felt so happy to see the little man. I walked over to go and hug him, but he acted weird. He was shy and clings onto unnie.

“He has been like this the last couple of days.” EunMi sighs, “He only goes to Xiumin. We dropped by eomoni and abeoji earlier and he wouldn’t let me put him down.”

“Jjinja?” she nods. I realize she looked tired, “Unnie,” she looks at me, “are you feeling okay?”

“I’m fine.” We went and sat on the couch, “So how are you feeling?”

“I was feeling horrible yesterday but I feel fine today.” I lean back, “I have an appointment tomorrow.” She nods

“SeulMi, do you and JongIn ever think about having a little one?” I was shocked, “I notice how close you and JongIn are to ChangMin. So I think it is impossible for you guys not to think about it.”

“We never actually talked about it.” I smile, “It has only been a month since we gotten back together. I don’t think it is good to rush things.”

“SeulMi-.” She placed her hand on her forehead and shook her head a bit.

“Unnie.” I freaked out a little bit, “Unnie was it wrong? Are you okay?” She supported herself with her other hand. “Unnie?” I ran to my desk and called June.

“Ne?”

“I need you to get me an ambulance.” I saw the painful look on EunMi’s face, “Ppalli!” I yell and ran towards EunMi. ChangMin looked lost at what was going on. “Just hold on. I told June to call an ambulance.” EunMi fainted right on the couch in front of me, “Unnie, open your eyes.”

-----

I sat down with a ChangMin in my lap sound asleep, I have to admit I was pretty scared. He cried all the way to the hospital not wanting to let EunMi leave. Pretty soon the whole family was there. ChangMin ran to his dad as soon as he saw him. JongIn walked towards me.

“Are you okay?” He sat down right next to me. I felt safe as soon as he put his arms around me. I nod lean in to his embrace.

“Did the doctors come out yet?” Xiumin asked me.

“Aniyo.” I sighs. As if on cue one of the doctors come out of the room.

“How is my daughter-in-law?” Eomoni ask the doctor

“She is fine.” He looks at the three brothers, “Which one of you is her husband?”

“I am.” XiuMin says. The doctors sigh and give a disappointed look at him.

“Let her rest. You are stressing out.”

“What?” we were all confused.

“You guys have a little one on the way. I recommend you to stop ‘those’ activities with her. You can harm the baby too you know.” I think I saw everyone’s jaws drop as they stared at Xiumin. The doctor walks away and Eomoni hit him with her purse.

“Babo.”

“Umma!” He jumps, “Umma! Apa!”

“How can you do something like this you idiot?”

“How am I supposed to know?” He tries to block her hits but failed.

“Umma.” Said Suho, “I think it is best if we go and see EunMi.”

With that we all went towards Unnie’s room. JongIn carried ChangMin towards her room. She was up in her bed as we all walked in. She seem happy to see us. The whole family congratulated them as I stood in the corner.

They got married after JongIn and me, and it already 0-2. I did feel quite sad over that fact. I would love to see a little Kai running around.

“Congrats Unnie and Oppa.” I said quietly. I guess my feelings were either shown on my face or everyone just felt sad for me. Everyone know that it is hard to conceive after going through what I went through. “Just be careful next time. Arrraso?”

“Mianhae, if I scared you.” She smiles at me.

“Gweanchah-a.” I smile and look at Xiumin, “And you oppa.” He just smiles and rub the back of his neck. I felt the tears trying to come out. “I’m going to head back to work. Let me know if anything happens.” I bow and left.

Kai Pov

I could tell there was something wrong as she said those words. Her lips trembled and she tried hard not to cry. She left the room. I handed ChangMin to hyung and followed SeulMi out. To the parking lot. When I got there she was crying next to her car.

“SeulMi.” I walk towards her. She looked back at me with her tear filled eyes. I felt my heartstring pull. I just hugged her, I felt like that was all I could do.

“Mianhae.” She said it through her tears, “Mianhae.”

“No.” I said as I hugged her tighter, “Don’t be sorry. It isn’t your fault.” I knew how much SeulMi loved kids especially ChangMin. She treated him like he was her own. I also knew that I would want one of my own someday.

------

When we got home SeulMi went straight towards our room. I felt like I really couldn’t do anything. I went into the room and she just stood by the window. I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my head on her shoulder.

“We should go buy them a gift.” She said softly

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

“It is okay.” She turn her head, “I want to.” She unclasps my hands and went towards the bathroom.

-----

Author POV

SeulMi pulls her sleeve down and gets off the observation table. The nurse comes and hands her things back to her.

“You result is going to take about a week or so.”

“Thank you.”

SeulMi left the clinic and headed to the company. She was still a little upset and was having second thoughts. If it was true that she could get leukemia again she didn’t want Kai to be around for that. When she opens the door to her office she notice a tall person standing by her desk.

“Can I help you?” he turns around, “Kris.” He smiles at her and she does the same.

“Hello SeulMi.”

“It been like what…a month.”

“Something like that.” He smirks, “I just wanted to come and see how you are doing? You’ve gotten pretty thin.”

“And you…” she observes him, “still tall and handsome.” She walks up to him, “Something about has changed.” She placed a finger on her lip.

“You ever miss anything.” Kris smiles.

“Girlfriend.” Kris blushes. SeulMi give him a quick hug. “Congratulations.”

“Actually that is why I am here.”

“What?”

“I want to confess to her…and I need help. I want to practice with you.”

--------

SeulMi went home after everyone left. The way home was long and she had to stay up. She was surprise that Kai hadn’t called her at all.

When she got home it was quiet. The light were off but something seem weird about the situation. She walk to her room and saw a beautiful women sitting on their bed. She had on a tight clubbing dress and high heels.

“Who are you?” SeulMi tried to ask

“SeulMi.” She turns her head and saw Kai shirtless with messed up hair. “You’re home.” He didn’t act surprise. The girl stood up and kiss Kai on the cheek and leaves the house.

“What was that all about?” she asks him.

“Nothing…just an old acquaintance.” He walks pass her into their room. “Why? Jealous?” SeulMi didn’t say anything but walked towards the living room. Kai follow her to the living room. “Where are you going?” he grabs her arm.

“Where ever I want to.”

“Not until I let you.” He pulls her towards him. She look right at him.

“Are we going back to being slave and master again? You go and bring whatever girl you want home and I become nobody again?” she said with a hurt tone. Kai looked into her eyes, “What did I do this time?” the tears slip from her eye. Kai let go of her arm and turn his back on her.

“You know what you’ve done.” He clenches his fist, “Don’t play dumb with me.”

“I really don’t know what you are talking about.”

“You and Kris in the office earlier.” SeulMi stops, “He confessed to you and you accepted his feelings. How do you think I feel?”

8 Hours Ago

Kai walks to SeulMi office. June tells him that she having a meeting with Kris inside and not to disturb. He peeks and sees Kris hold her hand. She was smiling at him.

“So will you be mine?” Kris asked

“Ne.” SeulMi reply

Kai quickly closed the door and left.

End

“Kai.” SeulMi had to find a way to explain it to him, “It wasn’t what it looked like.”

“Than explain to me why you would accept his feelings.” SeulMi felt lost at words. She tries to think of something but nothing appears in her head.

“I think it is best if we split.” SeulMi said softly, “Take a break from each other and clear our heads.” SeulMi grabs her jacket and walk towards the door, “I’ll see you at work, tomorrow.” She closes the door and walks towards her car. She walked slowly to see if he’ll come after her, but he didn’t.

She drives back to the company in tears. She walked into her office and laid down onto the couch.

“I think it is best if I let you go.” she closed her eyes, “It not like we can start a family in my condition anyways.”

-----

Kai sat on the couch all night waiting for SeulMi to return home or call him but she didn’t so either. He felt like a complete idiot after last night.

KNOCK KNOCK

Kai quickly got up and open the door to find Kris standing outside his door.

“What up.” Kris greeted him

“What do you want?”

“Whoa…is that how we greet each other now?” Kris looks behind Kai, “Is SeulMi home?”

“Why?”

“I just want to say thanks to her for helping me out yesterday. Just tell her Amber said yes.” Kris handed Kai a gift, “Give this to her as a thanks for me.”

“Hyung…what did she help you with exactly?” Kris begins to explain to him what happened at the office.

-------

“Idiot!” EunMi yells. SeulMi tried to calm her down, “I wish I could strangle him right now.”

“Unnie be careful. You are pregnant.” She makes EunMi sit down.

“SeulMi, you can’t just keep letting him do this to you.” She sighs, “If he continues this what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to let him go.”

“What?”

“I was thinking about it last night.” SeulMi heart ached, “I love him but I can’t give him what a wife is supposed to give.”

“Sue, you don’t know that.”

“Unnie, if there is a chance that -.”

“Don’t you dare say it.” EunMi point her finger at SeulMi.

“I don’t want him to suffer with me. I love him too much.”

“Your result aren’t even back yet. Don’t make rash decisions.”

“He made his decision clear last night.”

“SeulMi.” SeulMi stood up and walks back towards her desk and grabs an envelope. “What is that?”

“My will.”

“SeulMi.” EunMi was in disbelief.

“I want you to give it to him…if you don’t want to then have oppa do it.”

“You’re not going to die.”

“No one knows when anybody is going to die.” EunMi left the envelope on the desk.

“You can give it to him yourself than.” She walks out of the office. SeulMi sat back in her arm chair and closes her eyes.

 

“SeulMi” she hears someone call her, “SeulMi.” She slowly open her eyes. Kai look like he was about to cry. “What is this all about?” she saw the envelope in his hands. “This is your will. Why do you already have a will?” SeulMi tries not to look at him, “Is something wrong? Did something happen?”

“I’m sick.” Kai scrunched up his eyebrow, “I think that I might have leukemia again, JongIn.”

“Andwe.”

“The signs are all coming back…I’m sorry JongIn, for putting you in this situation again.”

“You’re lying right?” SeulMi didn’t answer him and looked away. “SeulMi I love you…you can’t leave me.”

“So what you did yesterday was out of love?” Kai froze, “Kai, I love you too but…if we can’t trust each other what is the point.”

“SeulMi, nothing happened between us. It was all just an act.” Kai looks down, “I was mad at you and Kris that I just did whatever. Nothing happened between us.”

“I want to believe you…I really do.” She sighs, “It just…I don’t want us to hurt each other anymore.” Kai couldn’t look her in the eye. SeulMi felt a sting come from her stomach but ignored it. She looked at the time, “C’mon lets go out for lunch.” Kai still didn’t budge.

“SeulMi…I’ll still love you until all the hairs on my head becomes grey and I don’t remember my own name.” SeulMi smiles at him, “Kaja, let’s go.”

Kai walks out the door first. SeulMi walks to grab her jacket and keys. As soon as she exit her office door she felt a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. She stops in her tracks.

“SeulMi ssi.” June rush right over towards her. Kai turns backs and sees June trying to support SeulMi.

“Sue.” He ran next to her and supported her. SeulMi was panting from the pain. “What is wrong?”

“My stomach.” She wince, “Apa…ahh.” She loses her balance completely but Kai was able to hold her up. “JongIn…apa.”

“Hold on SeulMi.” Kai was getting worried, “June call an ambulance.” June did just that. Kai place SeulMi on the floor slowly, using his blazer as a pillow, “Sue…you better not black out on me.” SeulMi tried her best, “listen to my voice and stay with me.”

“It hurts.” SeulMi grunts

“Just stay with me SeulMi. It is only going to hurt for a little bit.”

“Oppa.” She held onto his hand, “If I don’t make it…”

“No don’t say that.” Kai shook his head, “You are going to be fine. You and I are going to live a long happy life. It doesn’t matter if we have kids or not…as long as I have you I’m happy.” The pain slowly took over SeulMi.

-----

Kai stood outside of the emergency room with his face in his hands. His brothers surrounding him with worried looks. Suho sat down right next to him and place an arm around him.

“She is going to be fine.” Suho tried to reassure him, “She beat it last time, and she’ll definitely beat it this time if she has it.”

“She wrote down her will and everything.” Kai voice cracks, “Even after what happened last night she giving everything to me.”

The Dr.Yoon comes out of the emergency room, with papers in his hands. Kai gets up and rushed to him.

“How is she?”

“What did you do to her?” Dr.Yoon looked pissed off. Kai had a guilty look on his face, “She so stressed out, and thin. It isn’t good for her condition.”

“Please, just let me know if her condition is serious.”

“Of course it is serious.” Dr.Yoon raised his voice, “Why wouldn’t it be?”

“How long does she have left?” Kai felt scared to ask the question.

“Eight months.”

 

SeulMi sat up the bed and looked out the window. Kai walks in and goes and sit on the side of the bed with a sadden expression. SeulMi looks at him.

“What is wrong?” Kai didn’t answer her, “Is it serious this time?” Kai nod

“Dr.Yoon said that you…have something inside of you.” Kai looks her in the eye, “He said that you have eight months left.” Kai sighs. SeulMi nods trying to hold the tears back, “until it comes out naturally.”

Just Minutes Before

Kai stumble backwards. Good thing Suho and Xiumin was there to support him, “What is wrong with you?” Dr. Yoon looks at him.

“My wife has eight months left to live…what do you expect me to be? Happy?”

“What?” Dr. Yoon was confused, “What are you talking about?”

“Isn’t diagnosed with Leukemia again?”

“Yah!” Dr. Yoon wanted to hit him so bad, “SeulMi is pregnant…she is one month pregnant you idiot.”

“What?”

“She has eight months left until she goes in labor.”

End

“What?” the tears slips from her eyes. Kai smirks and wipes it away.

“You’re going to be an umma…SeulMi.”

“Jjinja?” SeulMi was in disbleif, “But what about all those symptoms.”

“You just mistaken them for Leukemia. Dr.Yoon said that you’re fine but you haven’t been taking care of yourself and you are under a lot of stress. And baby doesn’t like that.” SeulMi hugs Kai.“Gomawa.” She began to cry, “Jjinja gomawa.” Kai kiss her forehead.