Deeper Meaning Then You Think

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Author's Note: Hello Readers, I'll be updating three chapters this comninng week becuase I will not be home. Hopw you guys enjoy. Leave Comments

Suho sat at the bar drinking with Chen and Tao. He was in a daze thinking about what SeulMi said to him earlier.

She said she was going to make everything right. If she was going to raise the child alone it was better than you guys both finding out it wasn’t Kai’s.

“Suho.” Tao taps his shoulder, “What are you thinking about?” Chen bumps his shoulder.

“Who else would he be thinking about?”

“Aish…Suho, SeulKi is long gone. Why do you and Kai keep thinking about her? Was she that special?”

“We all grew up together. You can’t expect us to forget each other just because she passed away.”

“Waeyo?”

“The greatest sorrow of this world is losing a gift from God.”Suho poured himself another drink. The guys had a confused look.

-----

Jean ran to the bathroom with a scared expression.

“SeulMi ssi!” Jean knocks on the door, “SeulMi ssi, gweanchah-a?”

SeulMi sat on the bathroom floor with her knees to her chest. Her eyes were filled with tears. Her heart felt like it just got swung a thousand miles.

“Mianhae.” She rocked herself, “Mianhae.”

“Yah! SeulMi ssi. Open the door.” Jean knocks a little harder, “Open please. Why are you crying?”

SeulMi was in her own little world.

“Saranghae jjinja.”

You used to believe that friendship can turn into love.

She remembers the serious looks in his eyes and the tone he used. And how he looked when she answered him. She takes off her bracelet and looks at it. She tightens her grip on it.

“Sarang? Chingu?” She chuckles, “What is it worth if there is no other person?” She lays her head on her knees

----

Kai sat in his living room after the talk with SeulMi. He looks back up at their wedding photo.

“Why are you being like this to me?” He leans in his chair, “I tried to escape you, and now that I decided to do the chasing…you’re trying to escape.” Kai sat right up, “I’m not that easily defeated.”

 

----

EunMi and SeulMi just got back from last minute dress shopping. EunMi sits on the couch.

“Unnie, did you want anything to drink?”

“Water is fine.” SeulMi walks into the kitchen. EunMi notice the bracelet on the lamp stand. She gets up and goes pick it up. “Isn’t this the bracelet that I found the other day?” SeulMi walks in with the drinks in her hand.

“What are you doing unnie?” She set the drinks down on the coffee table. EunMi turns around with the bracelet still in her hand.

“SeulMi, is this yours?”

“Ne.” SeulMi goes over and take it from EunMi, “Kai gave it to me when I was ten as a gift.” She looks at the bracelet in her hand, “A symbol of our friendship.”

“If it meant that much to you then why did you throw it away?” EunMi asked. SeulMi looks at her.

“If he didn’t value our friendship, why should I?” SeulMi goes and sits on the couch, EunMi follows her.

“Then why did you keep it after all of that?”

“Because it…it there to remind that we were once friends.” She sighs, “Friends for over 20 years and yet I’m no one special.”

“SeulMi, Kai still loves you, you know?”

“Should I believe it just because it came from your mouth?” EunMi stares at SeulMi in disbelief, “He didn’t until I was almost dead.”

“So you want him to die?”

“I didn’t say that.”

-----

Kai sat in his office look over his papers to transfer to Ilsan branch. He sighs in desperation. Xiumin walks into his room. Xiumin notice the look on his face.

“What is wrong?” He sat in the seat on the other side of the desk. Kai looks at Xiumin.

“I can’t go to Ilsan.”

“Waeyo?”

“I have to stay and watch over SeulMi.”

“That isn’t your problem anymore.” Xiumin crosses his arms, “Going is the best thing you can do for yourself.”

“Why do I have to go to Ilsan anyway?”

“So you can take over Suho’s spot.”

“Where is Suho hyung going?”

“He is taking my place.”

“Where are you going?” Xiumin took a deep breath.

“If SeulMi doesn’t make it somebody has to take over the company.”

“You?”

“Ne…going to Ilsan is to help you train for your position.”

“I can’t leave her.”

“If you want what is best for her, KIM and Sujeong, you’ll go to Ilsan and train.” Xiumin raised his voice, “We all don’t know how long she is going to last. Mr. Song doesn’t have an heir and they’re both getting old. Mr. Song is going to retire soon. We need people to take position for the company.” Xiumin sighs, “If you want what is best for her, go to Ilsan.”

“I have to think about it again hyung.” Kai looks down, “Mianhae.”

------

Luna in her room and looks a picture she stole from Kai’s house. It was a picture of SeulMi and Kai together during their weekend. She rips it into pieces.

“I’m not going to let you get away with this.” She slams her fist onto her desk, “If I can’t have him, no one can.”

----

EXO and they all gather together at Xiumin’s house for a really earlier bachelor and bachelorette party. Everyone was drinking and having fun with a mini barbeque. SeulMi and sat between Luhan and Kris.

“Hey!” Sehun got everyone’s attention, “Since we’re all gathering as single people for the last time why don’t we do karaoke.”

“That sounds like a great idea.” Tao agrees, “Xiumin and EunMi getting married…pretty soon all of us are going to get married too.” SeulMi looks over at Kai. He was drinking without a care in the world.

“Kai.” Luhan picks on him, “Why don’t you sing the first song?”

“I’m saving my song for the wedding.” He took another shot of soju. Chen looks at SeulMi and points her out.

“SeulMi ssi, what about you?”

“Ani.” Kris grabs a hold of her shoulder.

“For all of us.” SeulMi nods and walks over to the karaoke machine. She held the mic tightly in her hand.

Illa Illa –Juniel   

When the warm and scented wind passes by my cheeks
I think of your face that I used to love
Oh, when the wild, unknown flowers bloom hidden on the streets
I think of you, whom I hide away in my memories

SeulMi looks right at Kai as she sang the song.

My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love

Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower
Blooming widely when spring comes – dazzling like a flower

He remembers her diary and what she had said a couple of days ago. Was that the reason she compared him to a flower?


First love is like a young child, a first love is inexperienced
Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love

Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa,
My love, good-bye

When the stars drawn out on the night sky bring up your memories,
I take you out of my old diaries

My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love

Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower
Blooming widely when spring comes – dazzling like a flower
First love is like a young child, a first love is inexperienced
Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love

I was young back then, I didn’t know any better
Now I think I will know

She wanted him to know her pain but she wanted him to know through the words she was singing. Now everything was different. Everything was going to be different.


I call out to you as I draw you out
Illa illa illa illa, illa illa illa

Illa illa illa illa, never forget love

Seeing as a first love is painful, a first love is like a fever
Because after you are mindlessly sick, you become an adult
Because a first love can never be, a first love is lingering attachment
Because you can’t have it since you loved too much

Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, my love, good-bye
Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, my love, good-bye

Everyone clap as soon as the song ended. Kai had her eyes on her as she walked from the front to her seat. Tao and Luhan were next and let just say that put on a ‘lovely’ performance.

*Is she talking to me?* Kai thought to himself as he watch her. She looks into his eyes and he got an instant message from her. Almost as if she said that song was telling him everything was going to end. Kai stood up and headed out the back door. SeulMi followed him out as everyone was too busy enjoying the performance.

Kai lean against the railing and looked at the plain yard that his brother had in front of him. He thought about the words she was singing.

“Cheossarang?” Kai smirk, “I must have been that bad.” He remembers every moment he laid his hands on her. Yet he remember when he was able to make her smile with just a joke.

“You were horrible.” SeulMi lean against the railing, Kai turns and looks at her, “You didn’t like the song?”

“Ani.”  He shook his head, “It seems more like you wanted to yell at me but couldn’t.” She chuckles.

“If you got that part right that I guess you know the meaning of the song.” Kai smiles faded slowly, “Kai…you’re going to Ilsan soon…you need to forget about me. I’m just going to be a burden to you.”

“Xiumin told you.”

“We talk to each other about a lot of things.” She sighs, “Going to Ilsan is good for your future...for all of us actually.”

“I don’t want to go. I want to stay by your side.”

“Kai you couldn’t even do that when we were together.” She looked into his desperate eyes, “I’m moving on…you should to. You’re leaving after the wedding like you promised, no more no less.”

“Kaja.” Kai turns around, “Let’s go inside before everyone starts to notice we’re gone.” Kai walks inside without looking back.

Weekend

SeulMi was helping EunMi put on her makeup. While EunMi cousin and her friend help with her shoe and jewelry. SeulMi remembers her wedding day, it wasn’t as grand or as beautiful as EunMi and Xiumin’s, but it was special. She remembers the dress, his tux, her hair, the pins that was inside it, even down to the flowers she used that almost killed her that day. But none of that matter because she was going to married the man she loved. Yet she let him go.

“SeulMi.” EunMi called her, “Can you go and find the boutonnieres and go and pin it on the guys?”

“Ne.” SeulMi was about to head out, “Where are they?”

“In the kitchen.” SeulMi nods and leaves.

SeulMi ran down the hall with her heels and bumps shoulders with someone that was coming out of the kitchen.

“Mianhae.” She was surprise to see Luna there, “Luna.” Luna just turns and leaves. “What is with her?” SeulMi walks into the kitchen and goes to the fridge, the flowers were in a small basket. She over hears some of the chefs talking.

“Have you seen my knife?”

“Which one?”

“One of the smaller knifes. I don’t know where I put it.”

“Where was the last time you saw it?”

“Right there with the rest of them.”

SeulMi walks out to the hall where Xiumin and his parents were greeting the guest. SeulMi runs up to them.

“Excuse me.” She told the guest and walks towards Xiumin.

“What is wrong?”

“Nothing.” She holds up the boutonnieres and the pin, “The groom must have his flowers right?” She smirks as she pins it on him. “Now that looks great.” She fixes his blazer, “My handsome oppa.”

“Gomawa.” Xiumin smiles

“Where are the rest of the guys?”

“In the dressing room. They’re just waiting for the ceremony to start.” SeulMi excuses herself once more and walks towards the hallway. She stops in front of the room as soon as she was about to knock the door opens.

“DongWon.” Suho was right behind him.

“SeulMi,” he was surprise, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to make you guys look more handsome.” She showed them the flower basket. Suho and Xiumin looks at each other and walks out the door and closes the door. She pins the flowers on the guys. “Where is Kai?” The guys look at each other.

“He is umm…” Suho was hesitant.

“Is something wrong?”

“Ani.” The door opens revealing an angry Luna. She shoves pass the guys and looks at SeulMi for a sec before leaving. Kai looked like he was annoyed. He saw SeulMi standing in front of the door with the guys.

“SeulMi, what are you doing here?”

“Pinning flowers on the groom’s men.” DongWon and Suho looks at each other and decided that it was best for them to leave. SeulMi walks up to Kai and pins the flower on his blazer. Kai looks down at her flawless beauty and big eyes. “Ah.”

“Gweanchah-a?” Kai looked at her left hand. Her index finger was bleeding. SeulMi slips her hand away from Kai.

“Ne. I just poked my finger.” She looks at Kai, “I have to go and help EunMi…I’ll see you later.”

 

The ceremony was starting soon. Xiumin and the Priest stood up on stage waiting for them to start. Xiumin looked nervous but happy at the same time. DongWon and EunMi’s friend stood at the door, with Kai and EunMi’s cousin behind them, and SeulMi and Suho in the back with EunMi and her father behind them.

“SeulMi.” She turns around and looks at EunMi.

“What is wrong?”

“I’m so nervous right now.” SeulMi smiles.

“Everything is going to be fine.” SeulMi holds her hand, “After all of this is over you and oppa are going to go on your vacation and come back. Everything is going to be the same, nothing is going to change.” EunMi nods and smiles at SeulMi. SeulMi turns back around and hooks arms with Suho.

SeulMi kept playing with her ring finger. Suho notice it and got curious.

“Is something wrong?”

“Ani.” She looks at her finger, “My ring finger just keep hurting.”

 

Everyone started to walk down the aisle. When Kai turn and saw SeulMi and Suho walking together it reminded him of his wedding. Her beauty that hadn’t change these last three months, beside the fact that she has gotten skinnier.  Everyone rose for the bride and SeulMi notice how happy Xiumin looked, he almost cried. The ceremony went on and before they knew it, it was Kai’s turn.

“We’ll hear a special song from Kim JongIn.” Kai walked to the piano and grabs a microphone stand.

“Congratulations Hyung.” Kai smiles at everyone, “I guess after so many years you have found the one. EunMi, take care of my hyung also. He isn’t the brightest but he knows how to love.”’ Kai eyes landed on SeulMin, “I picked this song not just for my hyung today, but for all those foolish guys who are in love out there too.”

One Man – Kim Jong Kook

It must've been a long time. Long enough for these words to become colorless. 
Even if I just see your eyes, I know everything, 
Like your friend, like your shadow. 

We must've been together always. When you're having hard time and you are sad, 
even when you're lonley. Holding onto seperation a bit longer, 
Even when I'm hurting to wipe away your tears.. 

There's a man. Who loves you so much. 
There's a man. Who can't even say I love you. 
By your side I put my hand out and 
at a path were you can always reach me 
I, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you. 

To make you laugh, I think of only that and 
When and where ever you are I'm watching you and missing you. 
And who worries of only you, 

There's a man. Who loves you so much. 
There's a man. Who can't even say I love you. 
By your side I put my hand out and 
at a path were you can always reach me 
I, who cherishes you more than myeslf, am with you. 

For the thousandth time I swallow and again for ten thousandth time I try to set
everthing straight. I want to tell you. I think I'm going to go insane but. 
I want to embrace you all at one but... 

There's a girl, who doesn't know I'm like this. 
Who receives love but doesn't even know that it is love. 
Leaving you, who is as foolish as I and sad, 
At this moment tears come but I'm happy. 
It's because you're by my side.

Preview:

“This is all your fault.”

“Open your eyes you idiot!”

 “What if I don’t want you to disappear?”

“Are you not going to say bye to me?”

“You know SeulMi doesn’t want anyone to call him.”

“He deserves to know what is going on.”

“My name is Hwang RiRin.”